Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFG 3rd person, survival, good building, light pvp

MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
basically looking for a survival game where I can dig in and build a city, do questing and some pvp.  I recently pushed a game called Wasteland Survival to the limits and really liked the way that played.  I was thinking of Conan or Ark, but I feel like I would be too far behind

Comments

• RottsteinRottstein Member UncommonPosts: 66
    I dont know about Ark, but you wont be too far behind in Conan.  If you get on a PVE-C server there is only pvp during certain hours.  People come and go all the time, so there is always plenty of new and long time folks on the servers.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited July 2019
    I can only suggest Conan Exiles as that is the only survival game i was interested enough to buy and play. I recommend it on PC because it has mods and it's completely uncensored.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    edited July 2019
    thank you guys, is Conan Exiles 1st person or 3rd?

looks like I am going to have to spend 60+ to get into, with all the DLC, is there a trial or anything
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Myrdynn said:
    thank you guys, is Conan Exiles 1st person or 3rd?

looks like I am going to have to spend 60+ to get into, with all the DLC, is there a trial or anything
    Either 1st or 3rd.   You can also just run a singleplayer game you dont have to join a public server.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited July 2019
    These days one can't swing a stick without hitting a new survival game, especially if they are OK with early access.

Atlas, (pirates), Dark & Light (high fantasy) and Outlaws of the Old West (err..westerns) are all related in some way to the folks who brought out ARK.

They all suffer from early access issues, but hey, you want to struggle anyways so what's that matter really? :D

One bonus, all are pretty cheap to get into atm.

@Wizardry often sings high praise for Atlas, which is really quite weird because he hates almost every game ever made which isn't Final Fantasy 11, so it must have something going for it.

Some nonsense about extremely challenging, terror inducing, adrenaline pumping gameplay, and that's just the PVE side of it.

Yeah right, as if one could watch Netflix and game at the same time with such a design, like I said, weird yes?

Good luck on finding your next game.

;)

Myrdynn

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon