Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You are Tom Hanks in Castaway You can take one game with you NO INTERNET !!

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Yukmarc said:
    Either "Virtual Fem" or "Pirate Jessica"...

[Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Arterius said:
    Yukmarc said:
    Either "Virtual Fem" or "Pirate Jessica"...

Why is she staring at him like this? 
    Im guessing he was discussing virtual fem or Pirate Jessica , dunno 
    YukmarcAlBQuirky
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,983
    I would take a universal table top RPG (like GURPS or Cypher System) and some unfortunate friends who get washed up with me. On the beach during the day, roleplaying at night, that would be paradise. :D
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirky
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Even single player games need internet these days so you are sol.
    AlBQuirky
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    If I can bring my PC, with my Steam library fully updated and DL'd onto a PC then I'd be set with thousands of games to choose from completely offline.

But if I have to stick to only 1 game, I would say Minecraft with a huge 'kitchen sink' mod that offered every type of gameplay you could ever want with my fav graphics/texture pack.

Gut Out!
    PhaserlightAlBQuirky

What, me worry?

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Arterius said:
    Limnic said:
    Original Steel Battalion, so I can use its controller as a raft.
    had to look up the controller. Holy Moly. How would you even use something like that?
    The game was awesome and kinda overwhelming, it was a mech sumulator with even a switch for wipers.
  • RnjypsyRnjypsy Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Kyleran said:
    As for the OP, I'd want a set of horseshoes or lawn darts,  can substitute as serviceable weapons when not being used for entertainment purposes.

:D

If I took a computer game it would be Fallout 4.
    actually your first one makes more sense

For if there is power on this island, it must be a civilized island. You can't play computer games or console games or even mobile games without power (or internet for mobile games). And if there is power, there is indeed going to be internet (even if its junk satellite internet).

So actually if this is indeed a pretend castaway style island, all you can take are games that don't require power. Like...horseshoes and lawn darts as Kyleran said. Which are both games, and can also be used as possible hunting tools. If its far away enough then all you can however do is fish...many islands are too far for most animals to get to, except MAYBE birds but depending how far away from a continent not even them.

So my actual answer is a fishing pole. Because there are fishing simulator games, which means fishing can be considered a game. 

Ummmm......"inconceivable"??? lol
    Octagon7711
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Basically, what @Torval said, but in the spirit of the thread (and because @Gutlard made me think of it) I'd pick Dwarf Fortress since it's like staring at a Persian rug that keeps changing shape.
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirky

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Wizardry 1, since I played that every day for 5 years, at least I know its something I like

I could cheat and say the Wizardry Archives so I have some variety
    JakdstripperAlBQuirky
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited July 2019
    1. Skyrim with every mod ever made so I can switch them out at will to keep the game interesting, 
    or... 2. J.O.S.H.U.A. to play thermal nuclear war with.
    Norad GIFs - Find  Share on GIPHY
    PhaserlightAlBQuirky

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• zeroscloudzeroscloud Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Aeander said:
    A hentai game of some kind
    Hopefully with a lifetime supply of Kleenex.

Just bust all in the sand nobodys there to judge you lol
    AlBQuirky
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Civilization 5 or 6.

• zeroscloudzeroscloud Member UncommonPosts: 53
    5th edition DND with lots of paper if i got friends, If I'm solo axe throwing.  its not a video game but imagine how much stuff you can do with a box full of axes?
    KyleranAlBQuirky
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,983
    Arterius said:
    Scot said:
    I would take a universal table top RPG (like GURPS or Cypher System) and some unfortunate friends who get washed up with me. On the beach during the day, roleplaying at night, that would be paradise. :D
    That would be great. I have severe asthma, a terrible stomach (just about everything I eat makes me sick), and I am built like a twig but hey consider having me join your group.  :D 
    Anyone else who gets washed up and is a role player is one of the gang, anyone who is not a role player will be cast into the volcano to appease the volcano gods. :D
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]AlBQuirky
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    House Flipper. For irony.
    AlBQuirky

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
       I would take a Rogue-Like with high replay value like

Dungeonmans

Darkest Dungeon

ADOM
    [Deleted User]
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Well it would have to be something with insane replayability no doubt......
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirky
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    edited July 2019
    Rimworld making sure to have all the mods downloaded. Insane replay value.
    Phaserlight[Deleted User]AlBQuirky

MurderHerd

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Games are an escape. The island would replace games for me.

ScotAlBQuirky
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Baulders Gate 2

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Skyrim or Fallout 4
    AlBQuirky
  • HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282
    OOTP Baseball.....

Limitless replay, and why not spend years asking and answering the great "what if" questions about baseball.
    AlBQuirky
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited July 2019
    Probably a very simple to play game that has tons of replay value...Langrisser 2.You can take your characters in a few different directions,your party makeup can be different every time.Some mild strategy and relaxing to play,i can play laying in bed on the couch wherever.

I play both Langrisser 2 and Bandit Kings of Ancient China a lot,both relaxing ,easy to play with just a controller and never gets old for me.

Langrisser 2 =1994 so it has held my interest a very long time
    Bandit Kings =1989 so 30 years lol.
    AlBQuirky

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    edited July 2019
    Pool table would be my choice, then I could sleep on it as well.... or under it if it rains.
    [Deleted User]RoinAlBQuirky

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!