Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You are Tom Hanks in Castaway You can take one game with you NO INTERNET !!

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 5,560
    Amathe said:
    If my only companion is Wilson, who is a volleyball, I guess a volleyball net. 
    You are bending the rules a bit but i guess a volleyball net technically falls under  "game" but i have to ask, wouldn't a basketball hoop be better , to play with Wilson ?
    I assume I will be going crazy if I am talking to my volleyball, so either would work. 

Or how about I play Twister? No hands and feet Wilson? You lose again! Muhahahahaha.
    KyleranAlBQuirky

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 26,972
    Kyleran said:
    As for the OP, I'd want a set of horseshoes or lawn darts,  can substitute as serviceable weapons when not being used for entertainment purposes.

:D

If I took a computer game it would be Fallout 4.
    actually your first one makes more sense

For if there is power on this island, it must be a civilized island. You can't play computer games or console games or even mobile games without power 
    Not at all. Maybe you have a laptop and a solar generator.  >:)

BaalzharonAlBQuirky

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,275
    I take a chess board with chess and checkers pieces.

JeffSpicoli
  • YukmarcYukmarc Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Either "Virtual Fem" or "Pirate Jessica"...
    JeffSpicoliAlBQuirky
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,837
    I take a chess board with chess and checkers pieces.

Who are you going to play with ? Wilson ?

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Yukmarc said:

Arterius
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 1,635
    Yukmarc said:

Why is she staring at him like this? 
    JeffSpicoliAlBQuirky
    Arterius said:
    Yukmarc said:

Why is she staring at him like this? 
    Im guessing he was discussing virtual fem or Pirate Jessica , dunno 
    YukmarcAlBQuirky
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,533
    Without electricity:
    1. Pool table - both a sport and a game so it's a bonus. One of the few games where you can set up a team game and play each part honestly.
    2. Darts - same as pool but I just love pool more.
    3. Basketball and hoop - just shooting baskets is chill and cathartic

With electricity
    1. No Man's Sky
    2. Pinball - not sure my hands and wrists could take this anymore

I'll exclude guns and shooting and archery because I think those are cheating.

Assuming all my time wouldn't be taken up with survival, I would rather have all sorts of instruments and being able to play, mix, and record music rather than game. If I could only have one creative outlet it would be music, next (in order) would be drawing, writing, photography, and painting. I can live without gaming, but if I couldn't do one of those in some way or another I would go crazy(er). :lol:
    JeffSpicoliPhaserlightAlBQuirky
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 11,630
    I would take a universal table top RPG (like GURPS or Cypher System) and some unfortunate friends who get washed up with me. On the beach during the day, roleplaying at night, that would be paradise. :D
    TorvalAlBQuirky

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 1,635
    edited July 23
    Scot said:
    I would take a universal table top RPG (like GURPS or Cypher System) and some unfortunate friends who get washed up with me. On the beach during the day, roleplaying at night, that would be paradise. :D
    That would be great. I have severe asthma, a terrible stomach (just about everything I eat makes me sick), and I am built like a twig but hey consider having me join your group.  :D 

Torval
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 3,815
    Even single player games need internet these days so you are sol.
    AlBQuirky
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 831
    If I can bring my PC, with my Steam library fully updated and DL'd onto a PC then I'd be set with thousands of games to choose from completely offline.

But if I have to stick to only 1 game, I would say Minecraft with a huge 'kitchen sink' mod that offered every type of gameplay you could ever want with my fav graphics/texture pack.

Gut Out!
    PhaserlightAlBQuirky

What, me worry?

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Arterius said:
    Limnic said:
    Original Steel Battalion, so I can use its controller as a raft.
    had to look up the controller. Holy Moly. How would you even use something like that?
    The game was awesome and kinda overwhelming, it was a mech sumulator with even a switch for wipers.
  • RnjypsyRnjypsy Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Kyleran said:
    As for the OP, I'd want a set of horseshoes or lawn darts,  can substitute as serviceable weapons when not being used for entertainment purposes.

:D

If I took a computer game it would be Fallout 4.
    actually your first one makes more sense

For if there is power on this island, it must be a civilized island. You can't play computer games or console games or even mobile games without power (or internet for mobile games). And if there is power, there is indeed going to be internet (even if its junk satellite internet).

So actually if this is indeed a pretend castaway style island, all you can take are games that don't require power. Like...horseshoes and lawn darts as Kyleran said. Which are both games, and can also be used as possible hunting tools. If its far away enough then all you can however do is fish...many islands are too far for most animals to get to, except MAYBE birds but depending how far away from a continent not even them.

So my actual answer is a fishing pole. Because there are fishing simulator games, which means fishing can be considered a game. 

Ummmm......"inconceivable"??? lol
    Octagon7711
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 2,889
    Basically, what @Torval said, but in the spirit of the thread (and because @Gutlard made me think of it) I'd pick Dwarf Fortress since it's like staring at a Persian rug that keeps changing shape.
    TorvalAlBQuirky

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 4 tracks in Distance

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,375
    Wizardry 1, since I played that every day for 5 years, at least I know its something I like

I could cheat and say the Wizardry Archives so I have some variety
    JakdstripperAlBQuirky
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,050
    A bunch of MTG decks. Bringing anything other except maybe DnD makes no sense. Video games are no go. How are you going to play them? Let's be real. ;)
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,533
    edited July 23
    Scot said:
    I like this idea too. I was going to add my pnp books especially the Traveller, ICE, and D&D stuff. I know I know, the ICE and D&D might be vulgar or tawdry but I'm American, what can I say? :p

ScotAlBQuirky
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,828
    edited July 23
    1. Skyrim with every mod ever made so I can switch them out at will to keep the game interesting, 
    or... 2. J.O.S.H.U.A. to play thermal nuclear war with.
    Norad GIFs - Find  Share on GIPHY
    PhaserlightAlBQuirky

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• zeroscloudzeroscloud Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Aeander said:
    A hentai game of some kind
    Hopefully with a lifetime supply of Kleenex.

Just bust all in the sand nobodys there to judge you lol
    AlBQuirky
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,359
    Civilization 5 or 6.

• zeroscloudzeroscloud Member UncommonPosts: 39
    5th edition DND with lots of paper if i got friends, If I'm solo axe throwing.  its not a video game but imagine how much stuff you can do with a box full of axes?
    KyleranAlBQuirky
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,923
    Solitaire 
    TorvalScotAlBQuirky