Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4X strategy game Interstellar Space: Genesis arrives on Steam July 25 - MMORPG.com News

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

image4X strategy game Interstellar Space: Genesis arrives on Steam July 25 - MMORPG.com News

Interstellar Space: Genesis, a 4x spiritual successor to Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares, is launching July 25 on Steam, according to a press release.

Read the full story here

Comments

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    I'm so into stellaris, very hard to dig into other space games that fall short.
    Relampago[Deleted User]gastovski1
  • RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Same boat, what makes this better than Stellaris?
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    edited July 2019

Relampago said:

As good would be enough. We don't need every iteration of a gaming genre to be markedly better, but I have no idea about this game.
    Phry
  • BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    Ah yes, yet another "spiritual successor to MoO2", how many is it now?

Funny how after almost 30 years, these attempts don't come even close to the true Master. And when I say funny, I mean sad, of course.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    The real Spiritual successor to MoO2 is  Stars in Shadow IMO ...  Which is on sale btw thru the Space Exploration Sale this weekend ...

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166

Ah yes, yet another "spiritual successor to MoO2", how many is it now?

Funny how after almost 30 years, these attempts don't come even close to the true Master. And when I say funny, I mean sad, of course.

It doesn't matter how many. No one will care when somebody gets it right, and the chance of that happening is zero if nobody tries.
    [Deleted User]
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320

Relampago said:

As the description says, it's turn based. That makes it better than a RTS.
    [Deleted User]Palebane
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768

Arterius said:

If i was going to play Sterllaris can I get the base game only and see if I like it or is it one of those 4x games that expansions add to the experience.

you probably can just get the base game version 1.0, but the gameplay will be totally different than after 2-3 expansion, it change the game mechanic into a completely brand new game, some people stick to the old version.
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508

Alverant said:

Relampago said:

As the description says, it's turn based. That makes it better than a RTS.

I'm of the opposite side of that spectrum. I prefer RTS over turn-based, but both can be fine approaches as MoO2 is a classic. Yeah, Stellaris, can become such a blackhole of missing time while having fun.
    Ozmodan
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well RTS is less strategy because the time doesn't allow much thinking but instead faster response much like a ARPG versus a mmorpg.
    Personally i prefer the slower paced design,with active and reactive decisions and more than once or twice.
    The 4x design was one that really intrigued me for some time,i enjoyed but soon i realized they all had a few simple gimmicks and once you understood it the game and strategy became much less interesting.Basically i just felt like you either were going to win or you were not,not much room for in between,like i should lose but i might be able to do something to win.
    IMO MOST games including mmorpg's Arpg's whatever could all be played in automated mode,the outcome is usually known before it even starts.That was a major factor to why i loved FFXI,i could control combat even to the point i could make a safe exit if need be,i was in control and not computer code.
    With this game the world looks fake,like a bunch of modules,similar to the original RTS games like Command n Conquer for example.When i play games that involve worlds,i want them to look real,i want  to feel immersed within the world and why i enjoy playing Atlas,it just feels very real.

Visual gaming needs to enforce the visual aspect,otherwise it is more like a mud where you could just paste text on the screen telling me the outcomes and what is going on. In reality,4x and MOST games on the market are simply trying to remain within a budget,a low end budget and this is the best way they can deliver their game,o me it really is not good enough.
    Alverant

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445
    I bought the base Stellaris (through humble monthly) and never bought any expansions and had a blast with about 250 hours of playtime. Well worth it.
    [Deleted User]
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    The problem with Stellaris is that Paradox milks your wallet to death with their piddly DLC.  I don't mind paying for DLC with decent content, but you can put all Stellaris's DLC in one package and it does not make up one normal DLC from most other developers.   I avoid anything made by Paradox for exactly that reason. 
    [Deleted User]Gdemamigastovski1Sabrac
  • gastovski1gastovski1 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    so, galactic civs 3 or stellaris better?.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Distant Worlds are still best 4x space game.
    Ozmodan