Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Creative director's letter #2

2

Comments

  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Gigabear said:
    jahlon said:
    Gigabear said:
    jahlon said:

    So, I have a financial stake in reigning in my criticism?  While I have a financial stake in Ashes of Creation launching, again I'm going to call you out on your bullshit that your ACCOUNT is not banned.  You are banned on their social media.  You are banned from their community, but you are not banned from their game.   
    They just threatened a game ban not five minutes ago in an email chain if I don't stop "abusing the ticket system."

    All i did was ask for some EVIDENCE of what they accuse me of, mainly because I know it doesn't exist. They refuse to provide any at all, which pretty much acknowledges I was wrongly banned.

    Think I'm going to just drop the issue? I sent MK a business email fifteen minutes ago. I deserve due process considering the amount of money at play here.

    I know I'm innocent, or I'd not be fighting it at all.

    Well considering that you continue to put in tickets about your ban, when everyone knows both your bans were justified, what do expect?   
    Except they weren't justified. I didn't break the rules buddy. You're not going to be able to sell a one-shot perma ban on a guy with no history of infractions and no offending post.

    Steven banned me for reasons beyond the rules. It was within his power as CEO, but it does not make the act legitimate.

    I was far better behaved as far as the rules went than many who are still active. Even you have more infractions that I do for actual guideline breaches. 


    jahlon said:

    As far as your bans, you were banned, you had your ban personally reversed by the CEO, then you got banned for ignoring 2 mods, a Senior Mod, and the CEO.  You caused a disruption and you got rebanned. 

    This is mostly false. I ignored no moderator instructions. When they asked to change topic, I responded faster than most. Sometimes even stepping away for a time to let things cool down. 

    I was never instructed, at any time, to NEVER discuss any specific issue on the discord. Rather, a change in topic was sometimes requested. In fact, I wasn't even the one bringing it up each time. Others wanted to troll me with certain screen captures and such, opening the floor to their discussion.
    I got a refund by doing a chargeback through PayPal. It was deemed legitimate because Alpha 0 was never released and this was around the time they were pushing out their BR mode so PayPal saw it as they were changing the game on me and others. Don't know if it would work now though
    Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox One X)

    Currently Reading: Skaven Slayer (Gotrek and Felix Book 2)

    Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (3rd Draft)

    Currently Watching: Oz (Season 4), Soprano's (Season 1)


  • GigabearGigabear Member UncommonPosts: 53
    edited July 2019
    jahlon said:
    Apparently reading comprehension is hard for you.  Let's try this again.

    It wasn't a one-shot permaban. 

    You got banned in late October 2018.  Not sure of the exact dates, I was traveling.

    You got your ban overturned.

    You then caused a disruption in Discord.  Two moderators, a Senior Moderator and the CEO all told you to stop during your tanget about why you weren't considered for moderator.  When you wouldn't, you got banned.

    After that you ban evaded repeatedly.  

    Sadly I'd prove it to you, but when you got banned all your messages got deleted


    I was banned twice, yes. Both were one-shot bans with no infractions. I didn't disrupt the discord. I articulated an opinion. Others with a lack of maturity couldn't discuss negative opinions in a civil manner, and THAT was the source of the disruption. I wasn't the one hurling insults, but received plenty. 

    As for ban evasion, that is not even possible to occur during a period of good standing. As such, it is obviously irrelevant as a basis for a ban, nor upholding any ban hat had no original legitimate basis.

    Especially to someone who never had a chance to agree to the new terms.

    Arterius said:
    I got a refund by doing a chargeback through PayPal. It was deemed legitimate because Alpha 0 was never released and this was around the time they were pushing out their BR mode so PayPal saw it as they were changing the game on me and others. Don't know if it would work now though

    I tried, but paypal wouldn't allow it because by the time I knew we were getting a BR and not an MMO alpha test, it had been too long. They give you six months, and I didn't ever conceive of wanting a refund until I got the sad truth of things.
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,849


    Arterius said:
    I got a refund by doing a chargeback through PayPal. It was deemed legitimate because Alpha 0 was never released and this was around the time they were pushing out their BR mode so PayPal saw it as they were changing the game on me and others. Don't know if it would work now though

    I tried, but paypal wouldn't allow it because by the time I knew we were getting a BR and not an MMO alpha test, it had been too long. They give you six months, and I didn't ever conceive of wanting a refund until I got the sad truth of things.
    Weird because mine was after a year and half old
    Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox One X)

    Currently Reading: Skaven Slayer (Gotrek and Felix Book 2)

    Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (3rd Draft)

    Currently Watching: Oz (Season 4), Soprano's (Season 1)


  • GigabearGigabear Member UncommonPosts: 53
    edited July 2019
    Arterius said:


    Arterius said:
    I got a refund by doing a chargeback through PayPal. It was deemed legitimate because Alpha 0 was never released and this was around the time they were pushing out their BR mode so PayPal saw it as they were changing the game on me and others. Don't know if it would work now though

    I tried, but paypal wouldn't allow it because by the time I knew we were getting a BR and not an MMO alpha test, it had been too long. They give you six months, and I didn't ever conceive of wanting a refund until I got the sad truth of things.
    Weird because mine was after a year and half old
    Interesting. I never raised the dispute with an actual person. I was still hopeful at that point I could get my account unbanned on the community side of things. 

    My attempts from before I ended up closing, so I may have made it impossible to seek redress via paypal. It may come down to other avenues at this point over what is, essentially, a pretty clear case of bait and switch.
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 386
    Gigabear said:

    I was banned twice, yes. Both were one-shot bans with no infractions. I didn't disrupt the discord. I articulated an opinion. Others with a lack of maturity couldn't discuss negative opinions in a civil manner, and THAT was the source of the disruption. I wasn't the one hurling insults, but received plenty. 

    As for ban evasion, that is not even possible to occur during a period of good standing. As such, it is obviously irrelevant as a basis for a ban, nor upholding any ban hat had no original legitimate basis.

    Especially to someone who never had a chance to agree to the new terms
    Let's start with the end of that, ignorance of the rules doesn't mean you aren't bound by the rules.  So your agreement is irrelevant. 

    Now, you've admitted to being banned twice.  First it was a one shot perma ban, now its two bans.  Seems your position is slipping.  

    In your opinion you articulated an opinion.  In my opinion you ignored 2 mods, a senior Mod and the CEO when they all told you to shut it.   You just don't want to see yourself as wrong, you want to see everyone else as wrong.  Just like when you assume that you have less infractions than me when you have no clue how many official infractions I may or may not have.

    We both know that you ban evaded between your first and second bans.  You basically begged Steven to just leave you a passive alt so you could see discord, which, hate to tell you, is an violation.  So while you were banned and waiting for your ban to be appealed, you were busy breaking the rules.  

    The only thing Steven fucked up on was unbanning you in the first place.  
  • GigabearGigabear Member UncommonPosts: 53
    jahlon said:
    Gigabear said:

    I was banned twice, yes. Both were one-shot bans with no infractions. I didn't disrupt the discord. I articulated an opinion. Others with a lack of maturity couldn't discuss negative opinions in a civil manner, and THAT was the source of the disruption. I wasn't the one hurling insults, but received plenty. 

    As for ban evasion, that is not even possible to occur during a period of good standing. As such, it is obviously irrelevant as a basis for a ban, nor upholding any ban hat had no original legitimate basis.

    Especially to someone who never had a chance to agree to the new terms
    Let's start with the end of that, ignorance of the rules doesn't mean you aren't bound by the rules.  So your agreement is irrelevant. 

    Now, you've admitted to being banned twice.  First it was a one shot perma ban, now its two bans.  Seems your position is slipping.  

    In your opinion you articulated an opinion.  In my opinion you ignored 2 mods, a senior Mod and the CEO when they all told you to shut it.   You just don't want to see yourself as wrong, you want to see everyone else as wrong.  Just like when you assume that you have less infractions than me when you have no clue how many official infractions I may or may not have.

    We both know that you ban evaded between your first and second bans.  You basically begged Steven to just leave you a passive alt so you could see discord, which, hate to tell you, is an violation.  So while you were banned and waiting for your ban to be appealed, you were busy breaking the rules.  

    The only thing Steven fucked up on was unbanning you in the first place.  
    You have to agree to new terms in order for them to apply to you. Otherwise, the old agreement is still in force. The old one has no "ban you for anything" clause. The new one has such a clause, but it's tenable at best due to how it's written. Most companies make you agree to new terms upon using their service, but IS hasn't dropped a test in six months, so there was no prompt to agree to updated terms. Did I mention they have no clue how to make a website? 

    I did say I was banned twice. Being banned is not an infraction, it is a removal. It was overturned and doesn't count against me for anything in the penalty system(which they didn't use anyway in my case). It was no more valid than the first, with no offending post or even a notification it had been done.

    Ignoring two mods and a CEO is not an opinion. They either commanded me to stop, or they did not. They did not. In fact they never even requested it beyond a short-term basis, which I headed. This is a fact, not an opinion. 

    Finally, you can speculate as to ban evasion. I deem it irrelevant. As I said, not against the terms I agreed to so it's a moot point. If at some point I accepted the new terms, at that point I'd be breaking rules if I did actually ban evade.
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 386
    Gigabear said:
    jahlon said:
    Gigabear said:

    I was banned twice, yes. Both were one-shot bans with no infractions. I didn't disrupt the discord. I articulated an opinion. Others with a lack of maturity couldn't discuss negative opinions in a civil manner, and THAT was the source of the disruption. I wasn't the one hurling insults, but received plenty. 

    As for ban evasion, that is not even possible to occur during a period of good standing. As such, it is obviously irrelevant as a basis for a ban, nor upholding any ban hat had no original legitimate basis.

    Especially to someone who never had a chance to agree to the new terms
    Let's start with the end of that, ignorance of the rules doesn't mean you aren't bound by the rules.  So your agreement is irrelevant. 

    Now, you've admitted to being banned twice.  First it was a one shot perma ban, now its two bans.  Seems your position is slipping.  

    In your opinion you articulated an opinion.  In my opinion you ignored 2 mods, a senior Mod and the CEO when they all told you to shut it.   You just don't want to see yourself as wrong, you want to see everyone else as wrong.  Just like when you assume that you have less infractions than me when you have no clue how many official infractions I may or may not have.

    We both know that you ban evaded between your first and second bans.  You basically begged Steven to just leave you a passive alt so you could see discord, which, hate to tell you, is an violation.  So while you were banned and waiting for your ban to be appealed, you were busy breaking the rules.  

    The only thing Steven fucked up on was unbanning you in the first place.  
    You have to agree to new terms in order for them to apply to you. Otherwise, the old agreement is still in force. The old one has no "ban you for anything" clause. The new one has such a clause, but it's tenable at best due to how it's written. Most companies make you agree to new terms upon using their service, but IS hasn't dropped a test in six months, so there was no prompt to agree to updated terms. Did I mention they have no clue how to make a website? 

    I did say I was banned twice. Being banned is not an infraction, it is a removal. It was overturned and doesn't count against me for anything in the penalty system(which they didn't use anyway in my case). It was no more valid than the first, with no offending post or even a notification it had been done.

    Ignoring two mods and a CEO is not an opinion. They either commanded me to stop, or they did not. They did not. In fact they never even requested it beyond a short-term basis, which I headed. This is a fact, not an opinion. 

    Finally, you can speculate as to ban evasion. I deem it irrelevant. As I said, not against the terms I agreed to so it's a moot point. If at some point I accepted the new terms, at that point I'd be breaking rules if I did actually ban evade.


    Your view of the world is so warped its almost boarding on delusional.

    The moment you join a discord you agree to whatever rules they have by virtue of you staying on their discord.  You stay indicates you agree.   You don't agree, you leave.

    I mean I never agreed to any terms.  I showed up, took a look at the rules, and then off to the races.

    Being banned the first time is in fact an infraction.  Its in your record of behavior.  You had already demonstrated your inability to follow the rules.  While you were banned you ban evaded, which should have kept you permanently banned, but instead Steven felt sorry for you.  You got the pity consideration and got let back.

    Even after you went full flame on about the guy, his business practices, his running a pyramid scheme, he let you back.  

    Now, as far as your behavior.  You claim that they never "commanded" you to stop.

    "@GIGABEAR Best you change the topic. Now." seems to be a pretty direct instruction from a moderator.  You ignored it.  I'd try and find the other ones, but with all your comments purged, it becomes difficult to see who is who talking to.

    As far as deeming ban evasion irrelevant, funny how you want to just ignore all of that negative behavior and now its "if I did actually ban evade"  

    You don't even have sack enough to admit the shit you did.  

    And you wonder why so many people keep web achieves of your Twitter.



    Thanks for sharing your perspective on this.  I think any reader of this thread will know your original post is just your own bias since now you are talking about a lawsuit against Intrepid but you won't "telegraph" it any more than posting it to Twitter.   







    KyleranArterius
  • GigabearGigabear Member UncommonPosts: 53
    edited July 2019
    jahlon said:
     as far as your behavior.  You claim that they never "commanded" you to stop.

    "@GIGABEAR ;Best you change the topic. Now." seems to be a pretty direct instruction from a moderator.  You ignored it.  I'd try and find the other ones, but with all your comments purged, it becomes difficult to see who is who talking to.






    Belle affirmed to me the request was done IN ERROR due to her driving and asking for a change in the "Giga topic." And not for Giga to CHANGE topic. AKA, OTHER PEOPLE were keeping it going and she wanted to move on, as I was trying to do. Though when pun got rude I did ask why I was being singled out. 

    In short, he only even said anything because he thought incorrectly he had been asked to do so, which he was happy to oblige being as though he harbors a dislike for me I have never been able to figure out. To date, that is the only thing in my list from the old Nadeko bot, and it was, as far as I know, overturned. 
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 386
    Gigabear said:
    jahlon said:
     as far as your behavior.  You claim that they never "commanded" you to stop.

    "@GIGABEAR ;Best you change the topic. Now." seems to be a pretty direct instruction from a moderator.  You ignored it.  I'd try and find the other ones, but with all your comments purged, it becomes difficult to see who is who talking to.






    Belle affirmed to me the request was done IN ERROR due to her driving and asking for a change in the "Giga topic." And not for Giga to CHANGE topic. AKA, OTHER PEOPLE were keeping it going and she wanted to move on, as I was trying to do. Though when pun got rude I did ask why I was being singled out. 

    In short, he only even said anything because he thought incorrectly he had been asked to do so, which he was happy to oblige being as though he harbors a dislike for me I have never been able to figure out. To date, that is the only thing in my list from the old Nadeko bot, and it was, as far as I know, overturned. 
    LOL and yet Belle wasn't the moderator who issued you that change of topic instruction.

    And Belle didn't even chime into that conversation for a good 5-10 mins after you were told to stop ranting about the moderator topic.

    Belle chimed in to tell the handful of people who were ranting about you to change topics by issuing a .ct

    And... "as far as I know" so guessing again.

    I mean the countless times you were told to change topic must count since earlier in this thread you assumed I have infractions.

    Couldn't possibly be they counted all your rants and raves and "change topics" against you like you just did to me could it? 
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    All I can say is their is no love loss between you two...
    Slapshot1188
    Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox One X)

    Currently Reading: Skaven Slayer (Gotrek and Felix Book 2)

    Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (3rd Draft)

    Currently Watching: Oz (Season 4), Soprano's (Season 1)


  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 386
    Arterius said:
    All I can say is their is no love loss between you two...
    True.

    The thing is I actually complimented his OP.

    Had he taken the bias out of hit, it was a good write-up.

    Strangely familiar, but still a good write-up.  
    Arterius
  • GigabearGigabear Member UncommonPosts: 53
    edited July 2019
    jahlon said:

    LOL and yet Belle wasn't the moderator who issued you that change of topic instruction.

    And Belle didn't even chime into that conversation for a good 5-10 mins after you were told to stop ranting about the moderator topic.

    We were discussing it in direct message. As I said, she was driving and didn't have a chance to deal with the situation, so she asked for it to be handled and it got lost in translation.

    And I wasn't ranting lol. Just saying it should have been more open in how it was done.


    Considering the results of that process and the moderator that gave me pause posting up a racist meme, I'd say I had a valid point.

    jahlon said:
    Arterius said:
    All I can say is their is no love loss between you two...
    True.

    The thing is I actually complimented his OP.

    Had he taken the bias out of hit, it was a good write-up.

    Strangely familiar, but still a good write-up.  

    It was as unbiased as possible considering the issues I currently have with Intrepid. None of which I was the author of I note. Had we gotten the Alpha we were lead to believe we were getting, I'd be happily chugging along doing my thing and testing it.

    That didn't happen. And it probably will result in the game being DOA before it's all said and done.

    Refusing to reconcile with me isn't doing them any favors on that front either.
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 386
    edited July 2019
    Gigabear said:
    jahlon said:

    LOL and yet Belle wasn't the moderator who issued you that change of topic instruction.

    And Belle didn't even chime into that conversation for a good 5-10 mins after you were told to stop ranting about the moderator topic.

    We were discussing it in direct message. As I said, she was driving and didn't have a chance to deal with the situation, so she asked for it to be handled and it got lost in translation.

    And I wasn't ranting lol. Just saying it should have been more open in how it was done.


    Considering the results of that process and the moderator that gave me pause posting up a racist meme, I'd say I had a valid point.

    At no time did a moderator ever post a racist meme in the Ashes of Creation discord.

    An individual who happened to be a moderator posted a questionable, maybe even racist, meme in another Discord.

    Ironically, it happens to be the discord you created to have a "safe space" for Ashes of Creation fans to talk, which was also littered with racist images and other toxic behavior.


    But I guess since you want to bring up what an individual (this particular moderator) did on one social media location like it has any sort of relevance, I guess that means you are ok with them carpet banning you from Twitch, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, Discord, and the forums because of your behavior on one.

    I mean, even though you had enough infractions to warrant your Discord, Facebook, Twitter, and Forum bans.

    But no problem man.  You are right people should be held accountable across all social media platforms.  Guess that's why you are banned?


    Anyway, back to your OP.  It was good.   If you take the bias out of your next one you might make some progress.

    Just remember, if you aren't going to tell the whole story...don't tell any of it.  No sympathy or pity support for your point of view. 

  • GigabearGigabear Member UncommonPosts: 53
    jahlon said:


    Ironically, it happens to be the discord you created to have a "safe space" for Ashes of Creation fans to talk, which was also littered with racist images and other toxic behavior.


    Toxic is a buzzword with no meaning. As for racism, I handed out so many warnings and deleted messages for that. But I'm not Steven, which is why the mod wasn't banned outright. I had rules, and I had to follow my own rules. 

    I'm glad Proxy took up the alt discord though, because I didn't even want to be a moderator. Even with Ashes it would have just been a means to get the info I needed to talk them down off the cliffs I, at the time, couldn't see them stepping over due to secrecy. Pointless now, since they've already gone over them.


  • ZiltchZiltch Member CommonPosts: 9
    Gigabear said:
    Ziltch said:
    Ofcourse you don't.
    They're arguments against your statements, you've always denied anything that goes against your opinions  :# 

    Nah you're not, you're just egosentric and try to paint a picture only with the colors of your choosing. I'm just adding in the missing colors.
    Don't leave out the most important "color," which is that Steven was part of what the FTC had declared in court filings had a very similar model to a PYRAMID SCHEME they had just shut down.

    That alone is why the letter is not credible, because of who wrote it. Here is the source article for this. XANGO was Steven's prior affiliation until they were rapidly wound down when this event happened. https://behindmlm.com/mlm/regulation/ftc-xango-has-a-vemma-like-marketing-program-tom-alkazin/

    I may have some contradictions, though must of what you cite is a malicious misinterpretation. It's what happens when a sensible explanation exists and you go for the one which makes me look as bad as possible. You already admitted you're objective was to get me removed from the community. That is how little regard you had for MY opinion. So little, you wanted me silenced for it. Tell everyone how you posted unrelated drama from CHAMPIONS ONLINE, another MMORPG, into the main discussion channel on AoC official discord in flagrant violation of guideline one(no unnecessary drama), and got away with it? I'm sure there was no BIAS at play among the mod team though(Punthullu), who went to the CO discord to dig up dirt on me to also have me removed.

    And as to Ashes, don't leave out how we were told engineering was the first thing they were focused on, only for that very thing to fall apart as soon as we got to see it. Why was netcode not addressed harder before they tried to spin up a standalone game? They had an alpha 0 test. They even sold raffle chances for it as part of their packs.

    You can say I was wrong until you're blue in the face, but the very moment I went from being super-hype to gravely concerned is when the whole process began falling apart. 

    I was right.


    bcbully said:
    It’s the best looking indie mmorpg (to be) I’ve seen.

    I agree with you on this. The game is gorgeous. Although be aware it's indie in terms of an unaffiliated studio, but not in terms of resources. Tens of millions are being pumped into the game. Crowdfunding was very lucrative, and Steven invested millions himself from his other ventures.
    So, you're not complaining about the letter in this thread you made about the letter, but the CEO himself? 
    And considering you're holding up what he did in the past against him, why should they unban you, why should they not hold what you did in the past against you? Even if it was after you were banned? There's no reason to trust you won't do the same again by your logic *shrug*

    I love how you keep bringing it up every so often to defame Steven, first time which was after your first ban and you started raging.

    No, I agreed with some of your point and found several to have merit. But then you started raging after majority of people disagreed with you on one point (I have screenshots of this forum post still). It's after that I lost whatever respect I had for you, however it was only after you continued to try and cause drama again and again and again that I decided to do whatever I could to get you removed. Because you were just being a very disruptive element to everyone whenever you could at that point.
    It was related to your behavior at the time, as you had shown the exact same behavior previously in the Champions Online community. That's when I realized that you won't change and decided to spread what kind of person you are to others. *shrug*

    I never caused unecessary drama tho, I flamed it at times yes, but I never caused it myself.
    What you're most likely refering to is when I started breaking apart your arguments piece by piece by providing a screenshot with attached facts proving otherwise or as arguments against your points. 

    You obviously have no idea how development works. The netcode is their focus, however as they are developing new technology you can ofcourse end up in dead ends where you have to scrap everything and start over if you're unlucky with the path you choose at the beginning. 
    Why they never expected this to happen however is something I don't understand either, I called it that their netcode was the most likely reason behind it if there were ever delays, around half a year before their netcode caused the delay. 
    I could've just been lucky in my guess I assume but still *shrug*

    Hey, you were one of the ones who originally complained it was part of Alpha 1, and were happy when they finally separated it. Wait, I think tht is when I started looking at your differently because of your behavior as well *thinks*

    I don't need to say you're wrong until I am blue in the face. I just say it once.
    You were "right", which part? The part before your ban, or the part right after your ban(s)?
    Cause your attitude took a 180 after you were banned oO



    Don't forget the giant YET. You've banked the cash via the referral system,. It's just not been dispersed to you yet. Unless Steven refused to pay up, which would probably be illegal. OR, you got banned before he did. Hence, you have a financial stake in reigning in your criticism.

    Whether this has affected you or not, I can't say. You've been pretty negative. In fact, reading you is close to reading myself back in October. But then again, plenty of people now criticize the BR, and Intrepid on transparency. They can do little, or they'd have to ban the entire discord. It was easier to censor when I was alone in taking that stand though.

    As to the "year behind schedule". We are literally relaunching the BR a year from the first time we launched the BR. AN ENTIRE YEAR, where no discernible progress has been made on any system(I guess caravans might be a slight exception). All we have is their word that netcode is better, but we have no way to verify any of this.

    Intrepid statements are not facts. This is where we had issue before, like when they kept saying the date the NDA would be lifted, and people stated it as fact to "win" an argument with me. The NDA was not lifted until they blew by several timeframes, and by then their record of transparency was severely damaged. And their reputation as a studio went from being 'the last hope' to being .hope it even launches' among myself and others.
    I like how your first go to is trying to defame Jahlon as well as having monetary gains because he disagrees with you.
    Also btw, Jahlon is one of the most critical people in the community xD
    He is just objectively critical instead of emotional like some others, like you oO

    And no, it's not even close to reading you in October. He ain't creating drama or overexaggerating things, or filtering out facts to only support his view.

    Guess what, they were working on their netcode which caused the delay in the first place. 
    It's like you're complaining they are working on a core system of the MMO.

  • ZiltchZiltch Member CommonPosts: 9

    Gigabear said:
    jahlon said:

    So, I have a financial stake in reigning in my criticism?  While I have a financial stake in Ashes of Creation launching, again I'm going to call you out on your bullshit that your ACCOUNT is not banned.  You are banned on their social media.  You are banned from their community, but you are not banned from their game.   
    They just threatened a game ban not five minutes ago in an email chain if I don't stop "abusing the ticket system."

    All i did was ask for some EVIDENCE of what they accuse me of, mainly because I know it doesn't exist. They refuse to provide any at all, which pretty much acknowledges I was wrongly banned.

    Think I'm going to just drop the issue? I sent MK a business email fifteen minutes ago. I deserve due process considering the amount of money at play here.

    I know I'm innocent, or I'd not be fighting it at all.
    Well, that's what happens when you make the same ticket over and over again for half a year? 
    At some point it just gets annoying after they've already given an answer so I get them.

    I have tons of evidence, want it? Still haven't deleted a single thing.

    Weeeell.. Considering you've said at least a dozen times that "Ashes is behind me", "I am not gonna care about Ashes anymore", "Ashes dead on arrival"...
    Yes, one would think that you meant it at least one of those times.

    "You know you are innocent." 
    Shame the world revolves around facts and not self dellusions. 
    I haz ze facts and ze evidence!
    Gigabear said:
    Except they weren't justified. I didn't break the rules buddy. You're not going to be able to sell a one-shot perma ban on a guy with no history of infractions and no offending post.

    Steven banned me for reasons beyond the rules. It was within his power as CEO, but it does not make the act legitimate.

    I was far better behaved as far as the rules went than many who are still active. Even you have more infractions that I do for actual guideline breaches. 

    This is mostly false. I ignored no moderator instructions. When they asked to change topic, I responded faster than most. Sometimes even stepping away for a time to let things cool down. 

    I was never instructed, at any time, to NEVER discuss any specific issue on the discord. Rather, a change in topic was sometimes requested. In fact, I wasn't even the one bringing it up each time. Others wanted to troll me with certain screen captures and such, opening the floor to their discussion.
    Yes you did.
    I can, I have evidence of your behavior from before the first ban. Can easily be gleemed why from that. 
    Steven didn't ban you the first time. 
    The second time, quite possible considering your behavior but not the first time as far as I know. Tho I guess you claiming CEO cared enough about you to intervene personally helps you in some way? oO
    Ha xD You were not, you were creating so much drama on purpose and agitating people xD Kept bringing up same topic after mods told you not to xD

    You ignored moderator instructor to change topic. I remember this cause you started up on the topic again after something I said :P 
    Yes you were instructed. Tho if you had the mod blocked then you prob didn't see it, which is on you again *shrug*
    Gigabear said:
    I was banned twice, yes. Both were one-shot bans with no infractions. I didn't disrupt the discord. I articulated an opinion. Others with a lack of maturity couldn't discuss negative opinions in a civil manner, and THAT was the source of the disruption. I wasn't the one hurling insults, but received plenty. 

    As for ban evasion, that is not even possible to occur during a period of good standing. As such, it is obviously irrelevant as a basis for a ban, nor upholding any ban hat had no original legitimate basis.

    Especially to someone who never had a chance to agree to the new terms.
    Both were indeed one shot bans because you were being just that obnoxious towards everyone who merely disagreed with you, downtalked everyone who did.
    You still haven't gotten it. 
    There were and still is a lot of people with negative opinions, yet why have none of them experienced the same thing? Could it be because of their behavior towards people with other opinions? No? What about attitude? 

    No it's not irrelevant, it's a proof of character. Your character.
    You even broke the old terms.

  • ZiltchZiltch Member CommonPosts: 9

    Gigabear said:
    jahlon said:
    Gigabear said:

    I was banned twice, yes. Both were one-shot bans with no infractions. I didn't disrupt the discord. I articulated an opinion. Others with a lack of maturity couldn't discuss negative opinions in a civil manner, and THAT was the source of the disruption. I wasn't the one hurling insults, but received plenty. 

    As for ban evasion, that is not even possible to occur during a period of good standing. As such, it is obviously irrelevant as a basis for a ban, nor upholding any ban hat had no original legitimate basis.

    Especially to someone who never had a chance to agree to the new terms
    Let's start with the end of that, ignorance of the rules doesn't mean you aren't bound by the rules.  So your agreement is irrelevant. 

    Now, you've admitted to being banned twice.  First it was a one shot perma ban, now its two bans.  Seems your position is slipping.  

    In your opinion you articulated an opinion.  In my opinion you ignored 2 mods, a senior Mod and the CEO when they all told you to shut it.   You just don't want to see yourself as wrong, you want to see everyone else as wrong.  Just like when you assume that you have less infractions than me when you have no clue how many official infractions I may or may not have.

    We both know that you ban evaded between your first and second bans.  You basically begged Steven to just leave you a passive alt so you could see discord, which, hate to tell you, is an violation.  So while you were banned and waiting for your ban to be appealed, you were busy breaking the rules.  

    The only thing Steven fucked up on was unbanning you in the first place.  
    You have to agree to new terms in order for them to apply to you. Otherwise, the old agreement is still in force. The old one has no "ban you for anything" clause. The new one has such a clause, but it's tenable at best due to how it's written. Most companies make you agree to new terms upon using their service, but IS hasn't dropped a test in six months, so there was no prompt to agree to updated terms. Did I mention they have no clue how to make a website? 

    I did say I was banned twice. Being banned is not an infraction, it is a removal. It was overturned and doesn't count against me for anything in the penalty system(which they didn't use anyway in my case). It was no more valid than the first, with no offending post or even a notification it had been done.

    Ignoring two mods and a CEO is not an opinion. They either commanded me to stop, or they did not. They did not. In fact they never even requested it beyond a short-term basis, which I headed. This is a fact, not an opinion. 

    Finally, you can speculate as to ban evasion. I deem it irrelevant. As I said, not against the terms I agreed to so it's a moot point. If at some point I accepted the new terms, at that point I'd be breaking rules if I did actually ban evade.
    Still broke the old terms. 
    Did you again leave out a fact, that the website devs from that time were fired for their lack of competense and replaced with a new team? 

    The "Infraction" system is for small rule breaks, yours was not small.
    You'd managed to agitate most of the community, alone, yet still think it's everyone else's fault (another proof of character)

    They did, still remember they did. Your word against mine, and seems more people remember the version I remember. If it's fact, provide evidence of it being fact. Else it's just words as you like to say.

  • ZiltchZiltch Member CommonPosts: 9

    Gigabear said:
    jahlon said:

    LOL and yet Belle wasn't the moderator who issued you that change of topic instruction.

    And Belle didn't even chime into that conversation for a good 5-10 mins after you were told to stop ranting about the moderator topic.

    We were discussing it in direct message. As I said, she was driving and didn't have a chance to deal with the situation, so she asked for it to be handled and it got lost in translation.

    And I wasn't ranting lol. Just saying it should have been more open in how it was done.


    Considering the results of that process and the moderator that gave me pause posting up a racist meme, I'd say I had a valid point.

    jahlon said:
    Arterius said:
    All I can say is their is no love loss between you two...
    True.

    The thing is I actually complimented his OP.

    Had he taken the bias out of hit, it was a good write-up.

    Strangely familiar, but still a good write-up.  

    It was as unbiased as possible considering the issues I currently have with Intrepid. None of which I was the author of I note. Had we gotten the Alpha we were lead to believe we were getting, I'd be happily chugging along doing my thing and testing it.

    That didn't happen. And it probably will result in the game being DOA before it's all said and done.

    Refusing to reconcile with me isn't doing them any favors on that front either.
    "Moderators should be recast because I didn't know that you had to show interest to be a moderator to be considered for one"
    Is basically what started your second ban. It was a rant because you didn't "get a chance" to be a mod, which you would never've gotten to be anyways.
    You literally only wanted the mod position so that you would have access to the "locked/hidden" channels. You even admitted this at one point. (Haz screenshot)
    And the amount of drama you caused around this was obnoxious as hell. 
    Mods get chosen because of their personality and their show of responsibility by the owner/leaders of servers, not chosen by members.

    But yeah, that racist meme was not his brightest moment, glad he's not Mod anymore as well on that one oO
    But "a valid point" you had nothing agaisnt him personally except that he was "newer" than you to the server, that was your whole point at the time. 
    "HE WAS CHOSEN AS MOD OVER ME WHEN I HAVE BEEN HERE LONGER!" <-- That was your point.

    Basically, it was not unbiased, becasue you are unable to be unbiased. 
    Ever since your ban you've looked for any opportunity to smear them xD
    I have several of these incidents screenshotted and/or archived xD

    "Refusing to reconcile with me"
    Eh, this reminds me of several of your
    "YOU WILL REGRET BANNING ME!"
    "I WILL SMEAR YOUR NAME WHEREVER I CAN!"

    Gigabear said:
    jahlon said:

    Ironically, it happens to be the discord you created to have a "safe space" for Ashes of Creation fans to talk, which was also littered with racist images and other toxic behavior.

    Toxic is a buzzword with no meaning. As for racism, I handed out so many warnings and deleted messages for that. But I'm not Steven, which is why the mod wasn't banned outright. I had rules, and I had to follow my own rules. 

    I'm glad Proxy took up the alt discord though, because I didn't even want to be a moderator. Even with Ashes it would have just been a means to get the info I needed to talk them down off the cliffs I, at the time, couldn't see them stepping over due to secrecy. Pointless now, since they've already gone over them.


    Yet you've used this "buzzword" so many times in relation to AoC Community members. 
    I love how it holds no meaning when used against you, but if you use it, it's completely valid.

    Oh and just keep reporting me, you who claim I tried to silence you. The irony of your actions is probably going over your head tho.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,404
    Always fun when AoC forum drama spills over to MMORPG.  New accounts and all!

    I have an idea.  Let's go talk about the Creative Director's Letter!
    Ziltch

    "I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

    Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

    Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

    Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

    "Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

    My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 386
    Always fun when AoC forum drama spills over to MMORPG.  New accounts and all!

    I have an idea.  Let's go talk about the Creative Director's Letter!

    BR testing August 20, 2019


  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,827
    Arterius said:
    Gigabear said:
    Intrepid finally decided to give up the goods and drop the letter which you can read here: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-07-16-creative-directors-letter

    I say finally because it was slated to be given in June, then early July, and then finally mid-july. But, delays are expected so I'm not going to get too hung up on it. HOWEVER, in the prior letter Intrepid committed to not giving dates they weren't confident in, and obviously they failed on that front.

    Additional issues with the prior letter include providing less than half of the weekly MMO updates(but lots of cosmetic spam masquerading as MMO 'content'), missing some of the stated dates for the monthly streams given in the letter, and not providing nearly enough content on nodes in that month. It took 3 months to get a decent amount. This is only a big deal because it pushed housing and any other info off the table, so we haven't seen any of that yet. Also, Xsolla is still their payment processor, a commitment to move from them was given, and I'm sorry but it's been over 3 months. They must not be trying very hard. Xsolla is VERY disliked among the community(and most people who know of them)

    The prior letter's issues are relevant because they sets the stage for how much credibility this new letter can be taken with. In short, dubious at best.

    Reviewing the actual letter, I can confirm CS ticket response times are way down from the abysmal wait times back in December and January of SEVERAL MONTHS. Now they seem a paltry few days. So, that's a positive.

    But then we get to the next heading "ASHES OF CREATION APOCALYPSE - THE TESTING GROUND," which isn't really a fair characterization of a monetized BR game(and possible future modes) which are intended to be a standalone. The claim of it being primarily for testing despite the battle pass and Fortnite style monetization scheme strains credulity, and that's putting it charitably. 

    Moving on, a large section of the letter is taken up by a fluff poll for kickstarter backers, which had no place in such a letter addressed to the entire community. It's simply not relevant to the vast majority of readers and has little impact on the state of the game.

    The Mayoral Caravan system vid was good, and gave us our first glimpse of a system working organically(except we didn't see the caravan actually spawn in). This is a pretty important system for the game as a whole, and I'm glad it seems to be somewhat working.

    However, this system was due in March along with 4 of the races, freeholds, limited crafting and a whole other bevy of features for the original start time of alpha 1, now delayed for the foreseeable future.

    TLDR: Ashes of Creation MIGHT still pan out, but there are many reasons to consider it may be slipping into vaporware as timelines are stretched and stretched. Can you believe up till March, Intrepid's official stance was "release before 2020?" Yeah, we may not be in alpha by then :)
    I never believed this game would launch before or in 2020 and when I would bring that up in the discord I would be shot down quick. Honestly I don't think this game will launch at all and if it does it will not be what the kickstarter promised
    ^ Exactly.

    Kickstarter title. If the biggest and longest in development one of them hasn't even gone live yet (Hello there, Star Citizen), how on earth are some of the people here buying into the promises that a brand new one is going to go from zero to LAUNCH in two years?

    I know some like to throw incompetence at Chris Roberts and believe that somehow the next Kickstarter game is going to actually do it properly... but come on... how many more of these is it going to take before it sinks in that it is an issue with all of them?

    My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

  • DavlosDavlos Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Always fun when AoC forum drama spills over to MMORPG.  New accounts and all!

    I have an idea.  Let's go talk about the Creative Director's Letter!
    Hi. Senior citizen account, but rampant lurker.

    We're deeply sorry about the AOC community drama spilling over here. Unfortunately, OP was repeatedly made persona non grata of the community, and because he cannot get his way, he is doing all he can to damage AOC's reputation. 

    Please find a moderator who can ban OP and take out the trash. As you can see from a short rundown from an older thread and his deranged responses seen in this thread and the older one, this is a mentally unstable person who thinks himself infallible, and is an unreliable narrator at best. If this cancer isn't treated now, he will migrate to other communities on this forum to feed on them like the parasite he is.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,665
    Davlos said:
    Always fun when AoC forum drama spills over to MMORPG.  New accounts and all!

    I have an idea.  Let's go talk about the Creative Director's Letter!
    Hi. Senior citizen account, but rampant lurker.

    We're deeply sorry about the AOC community drama spilling over here. Unfortunately, OP was repeatedly made persona non grata of the community, and because he cannot get his way, he is doing all he can to damage AOC's reputation. 

    Please find a moderator who can ban OP and take out the trash. As you can see from a short rundown from an older thread and his deranged responses seen in this thread and the older one, this is a mentally unstable person who thinks himself infallible, and is an unreliable narrator at best. If this cancer isn't treated now, he will migrate to other communities on this forum to feed on them like the parasite he is.
    In the interest of fairness the OP and even his 2nd post were both reasonable for this site IMO.

    Wasn't until two other folks started accusing him of bias (which we all have here) and then brought up the gory details of his Ashes forum bans that things went all sorts of sideways.

    Fairly certain things might have settled down more quickly had folks not continued to engage back and forth over past sins.

    As Slap said, perhaps better if the focus returns to the details and accuracy of the Creative Directors letter, yes?

    If people got banned here regularly for deranged responses many would not still be here, me included probably. 

    I hope you keep coming back from time to time to help keep us informed as I normally avoid official forums and Discords as folks tend not to welcome my attempts at enlightenment.

    ;)

    GdemamiAzaron_NightbladeMendel

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,827
    Kyleran said:
    Davlos said:
    Always fun when AoC forum drama spills over to MMORPG.  New accounts and all!

    I have an idea.  Let's go talk about the Creative Director's Letter!
    Hi. Senior citizen account, but rampant lurker.

    We're deeply sorry about the AOC community drama spilling over here. Unfortunately, OP was repeatedly made persona non grata of the community, and because he cannot get his way, he is doing all he can to damage AOC's reputation. 

    Please find a moderator who can ban OP and take out the trash. As you can see from a short rundown from an older thread and his deranged responses seen in this thread and the older one, this is a mentally unstable person who thinks himself infallible, and is an unreliable narrator at best. If this cancer isn't treated now, he will migrate to other communities on this forum to feed on them like the parasite he is.
    In the interest of fairness the OP and even his 2nd post were both reasonable for this site IMO.

    Wasn't until two other folks started accusing him of bias (which we all have here) and then brought up the gory details of his Ashes forum bans that things went all sorts of sideways.

    Fairly certain things might have settled down more quickly had folks not continued to engage back and forth over past sins.

    As Slap said, perhaps better if the focus returns to the details and accuracy of the Creative Directors letter, yes?

    If people got banned here regularly for deranged responses many would not still be here, me included probably. 

    I hope you keep coming back from time to time to help keep us informed as I normally avoid official forums and Discords as folks tend not to welcome my attempts at enlightenment.

    ;)

    To be fair, the OP is probably considered a well adjusted person by this site's metrics even! :P
    He hasn't tried to browbeat it into us why today's MMOs suck, how Pantheon is going to make MMOs great again, or any of the usual things a certain someone on this site does on a weekly basis :D
    Kyleran

    My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,665
    jahlon said:
    Always fun when AoC forum drama spills over to MMORPG.  New accounts and all!

    I have an idea.  Let's go talk about the Creative Director's Letter!

    BR testing August 20, 2019


    Yep,  great choice, it is Aug 1st after all,  let's have some "fun" with it.

    Here, hold my beer.

    ;)

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






Sign In or Register to comment.