Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV Patch 5.01 Is Live - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageFinal Fantasy XIV Patch 5.01 Is Live - MMORPG.com

Final Fantasy XIV Patch 5.01 is now live, bringing the Eden raid to Shadowbringers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    If I'm reading this correctly, the new raid gives out 1 token per week, but to get all of the pieces of armor / accessories it requires 16 tokens total. So 16 weeks to get all the gear just because of a time lock? Or is it per boss?
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    edited July 2019
    Each boss you can loot 1 token from a week. Each boss drops all types of tokens (Accessory, head, hands, waist, feet, legs, body)  So you can get 1 to 2 peices a week depending on which slot. They cost 2 to 4 tokens depending on which item you want.

IN addition the final boss drops a token for a weapon once a week that you auto get apon killing. You need I think 7 of those + 1000 of the next tier tomestones (not released yet) to get a weapon.

So in total you get 5 tokens (4 armor/1 weapon)
    infomatz
  • Deadrites87Deadrites87 Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Wow could learn a thing or two from this game. If it ain't broke don't fix it. You don't need to reinvent the wheel every time a expansion comes out. Just improve the areas around the core gameplay and don't develop a game that centers around keeping people logged in for as long as possible with meaningless grinds and rng. Loving this expansion so far. It's way better than stormblood.
    Krematory
    Nyctelios said:
    If I'm reading this correctly, the new raid gives out 1 token per week, but to get all of the pieces of armor / accessories it requires 16 tokens total. So 16 weeks to get all the gear just because of a time lock? Or is it per boss?
    FF has that as side content for the ones who want to get that GS, but it is not needed.

Heavensward Alexander top gear is passed by the basic gear from main story quests in Stormblood.

You can play it easy or you can grind gear and keep doing fights. That's on you.
    Well I understand that, but it's not necessarily hard to just keep doing the same raid for 16 weeks, it just seems like a weird length of time to lock gear behind. Especially in a game where everyone seems to play 4 different classes.

Do we know if it is 1 token per boss? Or is it 1 token from the whole raid every week. 
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    edited July 2019
    the new raid is AMAZING , the battles are tons of fun and has a nostalgia vibe the whole way !

the new way to obtain items is perfect , u dont need to fight for items anymore (mostly ) since there are 8 drops boss drops usually 2 of EACH , so yeah no issue at all , before u fighted for drops

accesorry items (rings , neck , bracelets , earrings ) cost 1

feet head hands belt 2

body legs 4

weapons : 7 drops from the last boss (100% drop for every1 )
    infomatz
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855

Nyctelios said:

FF has that as side content for the ones who want to get that GS, but it is not needed.

Heavensward Alexander top gear is passed by the basic gear from main story quests in Stormblood.

You can play it easy or you can grind gear and keep doing fights. That's on you.

Well I understand that, but it's not necessarily hard to just keep doing the same raid for 16 weeks, it just seems like a weird length of time to lock gear behind. Especially in a game where everyone seems to play 4 different classes.

Do we know if it is 1 token per boss? Or is it 1 token from the whole raid every week. 

4 bosses and a boss drops 8 tokens, 8 players in the raid and you can only loot 1 token per boss per week.

Also, if you dont get anything from a particular boss then you can re-run that boss until you do get a token.

So, with luck or a guild group then it would take you a minimum of 5 weeks to get everything except the weapon which would take a minimum of 7 weeks.
    Panther2103vandal5627
    Xiaoki said:

Nyctelios said:

4 bosses and a boss drops 8 tokens, 8 players in the raid and you can only loot 1 token per boss per week.

Also, if you dont get anything from a particular boss then you can re-run that boss until you do get a token.

So, with luck or a guild group then it would take you a minimum of 5 weeks to get everything except the weapon which would take a minimum of 7 weeks.
    Ooooo okay, that's a bit better. I was thinking it meant 1 token for the entire week. 
  • retiredmjretiredmj Member UncommonPosts: 160

Nyctelios said:

Ppiper said:

Wow could learn a thing or two from this game. If it ain't broke don't fix it. You don't need to reinvent the wheel every time a expansion comes out. Just improve the areas around the core gameplay and don't develop a game that centers around keeping people logged in for as long as possible with meaningless grinds and rng. Loving this expansion so far. It's way better than stormblood.

As one who hasn't gotten past ARR, I'm not really enjoying it. Hoping the next three expansions makes the journey more enjoyable. 

Every single one improves on the one before. The plot of ARR is kinda silly when you get to the next level to be honest.

I agree it gets much better than core ARR, I didn't feel Stormblood came anywhere near as good as HW. Storm blood felt like a B rated sequel to late/post core ARR
  • Rockinw311Rockinw311 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Just coming back after having been gone since 2.1 ~5y ago. Is this 8 man raid similar to what Coil was back then in terms of difficulty, or is it more like the raid finder 24 man Labyrinth difficulty? Or something else I can equate to from back then?
  • vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Just coming back after having been gone since 2.1 ~5y ago. Is this 8 man raid similar to what Coil was back then in terms of difficulty, or is it more like the raid finder 24 man Labyrinth difficulty? Or something else I can equate to from back then?
    It's alot easier than Coil for this update but they will release a tougher one like coil with the same bosses tuned up.
    Rockinw311
  • AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Ppiper said:

As one who hasn't gotten past ARR, I'm not really enjoying it. Hoping the next three expansions makes the journey more enjoyable. 

There is a general consensus in the FFXIV community that ARR is unfortunately not that great, and drags a lot.

To be fair, the FFXIV team was divided into two during the development of ARR and they were under a lot of pressure as this could've bankrupted the company had 2.0 failed if I'm not mistaken (something mentioned in a documentary from a year ago). I suppose it's to be expected that the story suffered a bit, as they were working on both releasing and testing new content and ideas for FFXIV 1.0 while also simultaneously developing/rebuilding FFXIV 2.0 (ARR) completely.

The game greatly improves once you finish up with 2.0 content. Heavensward (3.0) was considered to be the best expansion until Shadowbringer (5.0) released, while Stormblood (4.0) has generally been well received, but it's not seen as good as 3.0.

Be sure to complete the Crystal Tower raids (Lv.50 side content) before jumping into 5.0. Crystal Tower is technically optional, but having completed that storyline adds a few story elements that makes various moments in 5.0 even better.
    [Deleted User]
  • whoywhoy Member UncommonPosts: 53

Unlike bahamut coil which has only one difficulty, there are normal mode and savage mode now for 8 man raid.
    Some people enjoy the story but don't want to go through the difficult battle, so SE added a normal mode.
    Rockinw311
  • whoywhoy Member UncommonPosts: 53

Ppiper said:

Simply because you had never played 1.0 before, so you won't appreciate nor understood anything about 2.0.
  • p4ttythep3rf3ctp4ttythep3rf3ct Member UncommonPosts: 194

Ppiper said:

I just finished HW. It’s good stuff.

That's just, like, my opinion, man.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    I'd describe FFXIV as a series of books. In theory the first of the series should grab the people that are introduced in the series. This is not the case in FFXIV. Still, since the majority of people that read past the first (2.), second(3.), third(4.) and now fourth (5.), universally claim that the series is well worth the read, it's up to the people to decide whether they want to do it or not.

Personally, I believe it's worth the minor inconvenience of braving through some mundane quests to reach the more juicy parts.
  • darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    edited July 2019

Nyctelios said:

its a token per boss per week, always has been, and soon there will be a tombstone currency that has a 450 weekly cap and Savage raids which has a per boss drop lock each week but also gives you a tome to save up for a piece of gear. As we get towards 5.1 the weekly lock will be removed and you can grind to your hearts content.
  • darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383

It's alot easier than Coil for this update but they will release a tougher one like coil with the same bosses tuned up.

Not just tuned up but with completely new mechanics