Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not So MMO: Killsquad Hands-On Preview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageNot So MMO: Killsquad Hands-On Preview

Novarama's Killsquad hits Steam Early Access today. The game is described by developers as a co-op action RPG, but also has hints of an adrenaline-filled MOBA -- a sort of hybrid of the two in its way. Regardless, my time spent in Killsquad was fun, fast and furious.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• blazingcutblazingcut Member UncommonPosts: 65
    edited July 2019
    It looks great, just need more content
    SBFordPhaedruslives
  • nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    It kinda reminds me of Breach just top down. That game didn't last long in testing. I just don't see this game doing well with so little content. I know it's in early access but there is not much there to keep people wanting to come back. I hope it does well because the game does look really fun but it's not a well known game at the moment.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    40 missions and three planets is a lot of content. They've got an ambitious roadmap for 2019 that seems reasonable to expect they'll meet. It's got a lot more potential than Breach ever did, IMO.
    RueTheWhirlfrA6me

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Dis looks good.
    Bought it, i am looking forward to testing it, and see how devs are.
    I hope they communicate with players.
    SBFord
  • WodgeWodge Member UncommonPosts: 46
    edited July 2019

So....this is Anthem’s clone on Steam

I don't think you know what Anthem is.
    koldmiserPhaedruslives3domgastovski1TacticalZombeh
  • nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172

SBFord said:

40 missions and three planets is a lot of content. They've got an ambitious roadmap for 2019 that seems reasonable to expect they'll meet. It's got a lot more potential than Breach ever did, IMO.

40 missions is very little content as that means you can beat all the content in a day or less. 3 planets doesn't mean it's a lot of content if there is say only like a couple areas in each planet. I do hope they actually meat their roadmap as many EA games tend to fail sadly.
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited July 2019
    It seems Steam reviews rating is lower than 80% "very positive" due to bugs (people report dropping through the ground) but the game itself is fun and looks good - like third-person Destiny clone which I always wanted.

Worth purchasing for that price tag for sure.

edit: I've puchased the game. As expected - it's very fun with occasional bugs. Good graphics, good animations, good setting, good combat, apparently unfinished sound design. To compare: it's much better than recent Pagan Online, for example (which was published by a billion-worth Wargaming company btw). Huge potential.
    Post edited by 3dom on
    SBFordNordicApache

Thank you for your time!

• blazingcutblazingcut Member UncommonPosts: 65

Wodge said:

So....this is Anthem’s clone on Steam

I don't think you know what Anthem is.

It was my bad. I read the content without watching video and it does sound like Anthem. But yea, game it totally different and hope it will do well
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

nomadie said:

SBFord said:

40 missions is very little content as that means you can beat all the content in a day or less. 3 planets doesn't mean it's a lot of content if there is say only like a couple areas in each planet. I do hope they actually meat their roadmap as many EA games tend to fail sadly.

Missions are repeatable and randomized. The worlds on which they spawn are big too. Granted, it's not tons of content for early access, but given how quickly they plan to push out new things, I'm pretty content. The level of polish in combat and animations is top notch. It's got a good future ahead, IMO.
    RueTheWhirl

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• CynehildCynehild Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Good times for the ARPG genre. Wolcen is finally shaping up. Inquisitor Martyr 2.0 is a significant enhancement to the original. Chaosbane has decent action. Pagan Online offering something more arcade-y and has very smooth gameplay. Path of Exiles update refreshed the game a bit. Torchlight & Last Epoch coming out soon. Good times to be alive.
    NordicApache