Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic to Update F2P & Preferred Versions Tomorrow - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageStar Wars: The Old Republic to Update F2P & Preferred Versions Tomorrow - MMORPG.com

On Tuesday, July 16th, Star Wars: The Old Republic will be updated to bring sweeping changes to both the free-to-play and preferred experiences.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    awesome
    sumdumguy1Hariken

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• DarkfyraDarkfyra Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Shame access to the full story is not in the list(maybe just a system when I can grind to get them would be fine)
    Folmeninfomatz
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I hate to see UI locked behind a paywall of any kind....pretty lame.

Gut ouT!
    bartoni33moshraalkarionloggastovski1ValentinaTyserieRellz[Deleted User]Gdemaminecrolockand 13 others.

What, me worry?

• Major69er1Major69er1 Member UncommonPosts: 133
    WoW Sweet A Quickbar &^*%*& You EA
    Sovrathsumdumguy1Rinswind89Rich84
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    wow a whole 3 bars now and 5 if you spend money at least once, then later they complain why we want to kill it with fire
    Rinswind89
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    Nice! Some of this should have been done from the beginning, but at least it's changing.
    sumdumguy1XarkoGorweMrMelGibson
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,165
    This was the first MMO I ever bought a CE copy in anticipation for, and it was also the last. I've tried to go back many times, and what it is, and what it has become annoys me.
    SignexRich84H0urg1ass
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    was a pretty sweet CE tho... Nice box, a solid statue and some nice faff.

Especially if you like me picked it up on a clearance... But that is a damning sign is it not... that a CE was on a clearance... Heck i seea Destiny 2 one pop every now and then.
    [Deleted User]sumdumguy1infomatz

This have been a good conversation

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Tiller said:
    This was the first MMO I ever bought a CE copy in anticipation for, and it was also the last. I've tried to go back many times, and what it is, and what it has become annoys me.
    Don't you love that even if you spent a ton of cash on the CE, when you return you still dont even get hotbar slots etc? I tried it again few years ago and immediately said "nahhhh"
    TillerbwwianakievRinswind89infomatz[Deleted User]
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Gutlard said:

Gut ouT!

This was the biggest WTF moment for me, who the hell locks UI elements behind a paywall. I've seen stash slots but never a hotbar.
    SovrathbwwianakievRinswind89infomatzTacticalZombeh
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    It's been so many years since I tried this game I dont even remember much about it.....ALl I remember was it was almost completely a solo experience. Has anything changed in the past 5 years to make it better?
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Playing when they have the mega-experience story events is awesome, otherwise no thanks. If I could only play story without crappy side questing it would be great.
    Gorwe
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,165

Utinni said:

Tiller said:

Don't you love that even if you spent a ton of cash on the CE, when you return you still dont even get hotbar slots etc? I tried it again few years ago and immediately said "nahhhh"

That and the ingame CE items (as crap as they were) were made available to everyone. Wouldn't be surprised if you could buy your way into the exclusive and empty CE area. I also got titles, those are gone and I had to pay cartel points to show a noobie title.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143
    I reinstalled this a year ago and checked out the ftp only to find they were selling quickbars for cash. I can't be the only person to find selling important ui elements incredibly asinine at any price
    Gdemami
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    >It's just beta, hater!
    >You just don't understand how games are developed, armchair dev!
    (reminds me of another game in development right now)

Remember the fights over this game during its development? Remember those same people disappeared overnight after it launched?

On this episode of "Where are they now?" lol

sumdumguy1infomatzRich84Gorwegastovski1Gdemami[Deleted User]
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Just going to leave this here for people interested...

https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/14/18663025/star-wars-the-old-republic-2019-co-op-campaign-improvements

Cool updates, Long overdue but better late than never. 
    sschrupp
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Preferred users still can't equip high quality gear without an active subscription. Greens and blues can only take you so far. I don't mind the dungeon/raid limitations but not being able to use the gear is not good.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Rinswind89infomatzGdemami

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    if they put crafting and companions back the way it was at launch I would likely still be playing, I loved the mini game
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Gutlard said:

Gut ouT!

This was the biggest WTF moment for me, who the hell locks UI elements behind a paywall. I've seen stash slots but never a hotbar.

EA, obviously :P

If it ain't greedy enough, they won't try it . That's why "Challenge everything" is their motto, lol
  • JahosefatJahosefat Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Love people crying because they can’t play all of a game for free lmao. If you don’t want to pay the $15 a month to help pay the devs for their work then move on. 30 days of entertainment is worth the price of 2 lattes. I remember the days when you couldn’t even log in to mmo servers without a sub. You kids have it easy.
    sumdumguy1cheebaOzmodansschruppGdemami

Blackthorne Legend Gaming | Join Us! Jahosefat - Deckhand of Blackthorne

• asnowasnow Member UncommonPosts: 43
    When is next solo starwars game ? XD
    Raquis
  • vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 425
    So for the people like myself that spent money on skill bars will we be getting coins back.....yea didn't think so.....fu ea go bankrupt already so we can have our favorite IPs made by someone who gives a flying poo
    Gdemami

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Viper482 said:
    Playing when they have the mega-experience story events is awesome, otherwise no thanks. If I could only play story without crappy side questing it would be great.
    I believe that xp boost is standard now and you can level through story quests alone.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Gorwecheebaklash2defPhry
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    edited July 2019
    So for the people like myself that spent money on skill bars will we be getting coins back.....yea didn't think so.....fu ea go bankrupt already so we can have our favorite IPs made by someone who gives a flying poo
    That's not how business works. When the cost of something declines over time, such as gaming consoles over their lifetime for example, companies don't track down early adopters to refund them the difference.

Just as the early adopters paid a high price so they could maximize the length of relevance of their cutting edge console you derived whatever benefit you saw from your purchased skill bars when those not buying such at the time had to do without.

You got what you thought was worth paying for at the time your purchase was made. To later expect the return of the coins that provided that benefit because of a subsequent change in price (even when the change is to zero) is unreasonable in any business transaction.

This isn't a case of unchecked EA avarice. It is simply how business works.
    cheeba
  • DEXA88DEXA88 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    I bought the equipment authorizations for credits ingame and the last time i came back i discovered that all auths were gone so f them !
    vonryan123