Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great Single Player Game

PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
edited July 2019 in Reviews & Impressions
So the title may be a little bit misleading as I have not tried any group content yet other than the Skull Crossbone bosses who I can't seem to solo. I really get the Elder Scrolls feel from the game and it has an ungodly amount of content. I'm almost max level and I haven't even fully completed three zones.

The side quests are actually enjoyable as you travel through random places on the Main Quest line. I've really enjoyed the game so far. Love the combat system, it is basically the same as Guild Wars 2 except you do not have a cooldown on weapon swapping which I freaking love. Mount speed +1 per day is pretty sweet. I am hoping the Dungeons/Trials are some great End Game content since I believe that is how the best gear is obtained.

I'm also mainly a PvP player once I hit max level, but apparently max level in this game takes quite some time so I'll be doing a ton of PvP along the way. I have not tried the PvP yet, but with the way the combat system works I would assume it is going to be pretty well done.

Running Dragonknight Stam build with 2H/Bow/Medium Armor at the moment. Well worth the $60 I spent on it already and I can see this taking the #1 spot over Guild Wars 2 for me.
Iselingunklacker[Deleted User]

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    You should try to get to CP160 as quickly as possible since that's the max level for gear. Any gear you find from that point on that fits your build is a keeper.

If you want to PvP before you have a lot of CP just go on the "No CP" campaign. Everyone there is normalized to CP160 whether they're above or below that. The only power gaps that exist in that campaign are all about which skills you have managed to unlock (Undaunted and Mage's Guild can take a while to max) and which weapon and gear sets you're wearing. So it's not 100% even but much better for low CP players than the full CP use campaign.

Dungeons in ESO just take familiarity since they're fond of using unique mechanics in each that may seem hard at first but just take getting used to. You'll notice a lot of dungeons have a I and II version. The IIs once upon a time used to be the vet dungeons so they're one step up in difficulty from the Is and both Is and IIs can now be done in normal or vet mode. The DLC dungeons are another step up in difficulty from the IIs. If you're in a dungeon that's new to you just let the group know and there will usually be at least one person that will be happy to warn you when you're about to fight something with a couple of tricks up its sleeve.

Have fun.
    gunklacker[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    What shocks me the most is the amount of content and side stories. You can literally just play this as a single player RPG and it's well worth the money. I think the fact that it is an MMORPG is just a plus. 

I think ESO is the way questing should be done in every MMO. Main Story Quest Line was fairly short though. I really didn't notice it was the "Main Quest" until about 3 quests deep into it just because those "diamond" quest markers are all great little story lines too.