Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The N word

Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 956
edited July 12 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
So my summer is a disaster so, I'm taking medicine that really makes me sleepy but I need it to live out my days. 

Never felt like this  and like to login to games to occupy my time. 

I was logged into a game and someone called me the n word because I didn't do something right. It really hurtful and it made me fall deeper into an abyss that has no end. 

How do you guys deal with someone who calls you the N word ? 
There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
blueturtle13LeFantomeBaalzharonPhaserlightklash2defWaanNephethCaffynatedsumdumguy1

Comments

• boris20boris20 Member UncommonPosts: 265
    are we talking about Noob?  :D just click that little ignore button most games have. move on. dont be so sensitive. 
    KyleranPrime_DirectivejimmywolfWaanCaffynated
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,489
    Visualization helps. This is probably the guy who did it:

boris20KyleranNyghthowlerbcbullyWaanLackingMMORich84Asheramkitarad
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 956
    word wasn't noob :(
  • ArteriusArterius Member RarePosts: 1,165
    well then thats messed up. I hate the "N" word with a fiery passion. It makes me upset. If that is indeed the word I am thinking you meant.
    SBFordBaalzharonPrime_Directive
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 33,003
    Learn to revel in such insults, they are made by gutless losers who are well beneath you.

I mean, I get called a cranky old forum troll all the ..... err, OK, that one is spot on, but you catch my drift,  yes?

TGIF

;)
    WaanHatefullSandmanjw

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 4,928
    Really? I thought you meant Noob and this whole thing was a kind of click bait troll type post.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Major69er1Major69er1 Member UncommonPosts: 127
    So Um Mars you like 5 years old?

moshraNephethCaffynated
    edited July 12
    Arterius said:
    well then thats messed up. I hate the "N" word with a fiery passion. It makes me upset. If that is indeed the word I am thinking you meant.
    Then the bad guys just won again.

Don't let words by random idiots ruin your day.

TGIF.
    Prime_DirectiveHatefullSandmanjwAlBQuirky

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 910
    edited July 12
    Really? I thought you meant Noob and this whole thing was a kind of click bait troll type post.
    It's Mars, so it probably still is.

Not sure what the goal of the post is any ways. It's mostly a given that "saying bad things online is rude and using racial epithets is not appropriate".

Think one of the weirdest times I ever had personally with this sort of thing was when I got booted from a server after the moderator learned I was only half-asian and lived in america.
    Hatefull
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,309
    we should censor everything and make words a hate crime.  if its such an offensive word NOBODY should use it
    Prime_DirectiveBaalzharon
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member RarePosts: 2,439
    my dear blog...

I will ask this again, how the hell you guys function in the world if a single little word can hurt you so much? serious one day people will prefer they kill each other then hurt they little "feelings"
    PKrauserDrunkWolfBaalzharonboris20Caffynated
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 990
    my dear blog...

I will ask this again, how the hell you guys function in the world if a single little word can hurt you so much? serious one day people will prefer they kill each other then hurt they little "feelings"
    i mean without conext your comment could be seen as you're getting riled up.
    the internet is probably due for some kind of reform.. people can't really handle the anonymity it provides.

Arteriusvandal5627Caffynatedalkarionlog

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• PKrauserPKrauser Member CommonPosts: 10
    omfg someone called you the n word? damn... now you can safely leave ur home nothing can be worse than that!
    Baalzharon
  • SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 33,120
    So my summer is a disaster so, I'm taking medicine that really makes me sleepy but I need it to live out my days. 

Never felt like this  and like to login to games to occupy my time. 

I was logged into a game and someone called me the n word because I didn't do something right. It really hurtful and it made me fall deeper into an abyss that has no end. 

How do you guys deal with someone who calls you the N word ? 
    I've been where you are -- when life is so depressing it's hard to get up and function. And, yes, for all of you mocking him for expressing something hurtful, words do hurt when you're already depressed and can send you into a tailspin. If you've never been that low, well B-R-A-V-O for you. I hope you never are. 

My best suggestion is to not turn on voice comms if you're having a rough day or to play single player games or just co-op with friends. On better days, brave the bozos and give them the silent finger when they are jerks and use in-game reporting tools. 
    OG_ZorvanPrime_DirectiveKyleranPhaserlightWaanalkarionlog

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 956
    Myrdynn said:
    we should censor everything and make words a hate crime.  if its such an offensive word NOBODY should use it
    . I actually the word should be labelled as a hate crime. ther eis no place for it in modern society, and the impact it has when thrown around like a common everyday occurrence. What is even mmore profound is the that people think it is ok, and then come on my  post and troll about. 

What kind of society is this ?  
    ArteriusBaalzharondragonlee66CaffynatedSandmanjwalkarionlog
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Do you own a pet? cat or dog maybe? go hang out with them for awhile it might help you feel better. animals are better than humans.
    JackDundeePpiperArteriusSBFordWaanAsm0deusPhaserlightsumdumguy1
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,698
      The Internet is no place for emotions or feelings ..

BaalzharonKyleranNepheth
  • ArteriusArterius Member RarePosts: 1,165
    Scorchien said:

You keep saying that but that is just not the reality we live in
    Baalzharonalkarionlog
  • FinvegaFinvega Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Words have no power over me... unless I let them. Unfortunately this is not knowledge most of us accept. 
    PKrauserScorchiendragonlee66alkarionlog
    Arterius said:
    Scorchien said:

You keep saying that but that is just not the reality I live in
    You have your pronouns all Fugged up, there .................. Fixed
    jdlamson75BaalzharonCaffynated
  • vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 758
    Scorchien said:
    Arterius said:
    Scorchien said:

You know the only reason you reponded was because of an emotion or feeling you felt that made you have to respond to them right?
    Scorchien said:
    Arterius said:
    Scorchien said:

You know the only reason you reponded was because of an emotion or feeling you felt that made you have to respond to them right?
    hmm yes .. i am laughing ... friggin genius
    Scorchien said:
    Arterius said:
    Scorchien said:

Scorch have emotions or feelings, puleeze.

;)
    Scorchien

• vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 758
    edited July 12
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    Arterius said:
    Scorchien said:

hmm yes .. i am laughing ... friggin genius
    but i thought there were no feelings or emotions when it comes to the internet? 

I'm no genius but thank you.
    IselinCaffynated
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 284
    I dont care what people say to me online.  I have a headset but never use it do to the toxic nature of people.  I think people who have emotional troubles to start with are definitely more effected by online insults.  Best thing to do maybe find a different hobby / club and just cut back some on the internet stuff.
    BaalzharonbcbullyPrime_Directive
This discussion has been closed.