Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is hard to say...

2»

Comments

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,000
    heard some talk about it doing away with some of the p2w stuff awhile ago and gave it a shot but it's just not for me.. the story was beyond terrible. and wtf is up with the loot? does it only come in boxes?

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 6,348
    I have always wanted to try this game but after having read up on it I realised it will be forever hampered by its p2w mechanics. The plots for housing is terribly handled too.
    Gdemami
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 203
    hmm ppl hate ArcheAge but I agree with OP, when i had a chance to play ArcheAge in alpha all i have to say is that I have never had a better time playing any MMORPG ever, well maybe it's on par with when I started to play WoW for the first time back in 2005? 2006? don't even remember when it came out...but yeah alpha ArchAge and early WoW when i started for the first time, everything was new etc = the best time in any MMORPG and i played many of them, 100+ i tried over the years

but after alpha with those hard p2w mechanics i stopped playing ArcheAge after first week of launch and never came back...I don't know at what state today's ArcheAge is or if it would be still so good without p2w mechanics...but ArcheAge alpha? oh boy, what a game, truly the most complete MMORPG ever created
    Reticulata
  • Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 1,162
    edited July 6
    THis gtame has a subscription patron model, which gives you land and other items, I am finding it very odd that people who whine about not having subscription based ganes  is so terrible, yet Archeage does have a sub , which negates the p2w. As I looked through the  item mall, I've not seen any p2w items.

Can someone post what they feel is p2w from the Archeage mall ?

Compared to other games the like BDO  or even w/o/w Archeage has no real "p2w" items. Everything is based around Labor, so if a "Labor potion" is your idea of p2w , then you really son'r understand the term.
    Post edited by Prime_Directive on
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
    So Ive been playing ArcheAge for over week now and I've come to this conclusion

ArcheAge is fans of Vanguard soh home. ArcheAge has done so much in improving  it, really feels  like a new game. Unlocking the Ancestral skill complely change the combat feel. Graphical, it looks a lot like Vanguard SOH.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,208

ArcheAge is fans of Vanguard soh home. ArcheAge has done so much in improving  it, really feels  like a new game. Unlocking the Ancestral skill complely change the combat feel. Graphical, it looks a lot like Vanguard SOH.
    Please don't compare Archeage with Vanguard, just dont.
    OG_Zorvan
    Amaging new zone, anfd the moster A.I. is so well done, people should at adventure through the area to see it. 

Maurgrim said:

Please don't compare Archeage with Vanguard, just dont.
    ooo but I did ! :D
  • HarikenHariken Member RarePosts: 2,324
    Please, open-world PVP killed this game like all others like it. So annoying when people just won't admit this because they like a game so much. Grow some balls.
    alkarionlogGdemami
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 831
    see people aren't trying the game before rebuttal, making their rebuttal invalid in 2019
    I couldn't tell if you were playing a game or shopping on Amazon, since a lot of the updates were pertaining to shop stuff....

Have fun & good luck!

Gut Out!
    Prime_Directive

What, me worry?

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    I'm forgetting things in my elder years.  Is the OP the guy who always comes up with the clickbait titles?
    Nah, this is the one who starts a new game every 3-6 months, praises it to high heavens then drops it like a hot rotten potato after that same amount of time.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Hariken said:
    Please, open-world PVP killed this game like all others like it. So annoying when people just won't admit this because they like a game so much. Grow some balls.
    . For me, the open world is whatr makes the game amazing. It ios truly the only game that has given me that Shadowbane rush when adventuring. Thought and thrill that any moment someone will get me while doing packs is so exciting. Doing pirate farming and other things, it is what Vanguard was missing.

Witnessing the government system with voting and the leader system, was where the Diplomacy mechanic could have gone to if developed over time. 

Now in the new content, it really pushes pvp interaction  even further sending both factions to the same zones to work on dailies and sometime raid vs raid open world pvp.

If one likes real pvp from the days of shadowbane and the world mass of Vanguard, look no further, you've reached home. 

FOr myself pewrsonally iwas in and out of some many games this year I just couldnt get all the mechants I wanted, then out of the blue after doing that closed beta for Astelia, I decided to go back and retry Archeage. I am glad I did.  
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member RarePosts: 2,667
    what killed this game was several trion deals and lack of work to stop hacks, when people who was not even close could get land, then it had all that problem with mian attacks only work with single cast, and the change of drops could be only be used with labor and then to put the little cherry on the top of all the problems they killed the crafting of the game since the dusts we need to craft become rare drops, and to fix that, buy it from a random box from cash shop

serious the best time for arche age was during the alpha stage, that time was the best time of the game, it become a sad time after, and much of the ahte from trion came from this too

there is nothing on this game anymore everything is locked behind the cash shop as the best way to evolve, this game become even wrose then chinese games.

and I don't see that many people saying the game is good, unless they are playing a private server using the alpha patch it had on trion then I would agree
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,042
    There's been a lot of positive changes over the last few years. I know , I was shocked but after playing Astellia, I was like, "let me go back and try Archeage" and low in behold, it hits all the points of what an mmo can do. 

Here are some of the points : 

Better enhancing system more in line with Lineage 2 then BDO 

Harim Enhancing  gear a lot better method then previous time sinks

Character progression through Ancestral system

low pay in of 10 dollars can set up for massive rewards ( Auction how license )

They now have cross server pvp mini games

Still solid graphically

Sailing is top notch , lest cumbersome over BDO

The notion I can pirate farm out in the middle of no where

"Hot Zones" if anyone remembers Shadowbane, hot zone can increase drop rates while the danger of pvp looms

Community is so much better then years past

Added Anonymous jury, making it safer to give judgement without fear of reprisal

Risk reward in trade pack system / go it safe or take a chance and go to the nation. 

Honor points much more usable with the ability to purchase Labor "potions"

Market price sales, now is thte time to grab auction license, character slots and other things

Just the monetization, 5 dollars for 1250 apex , that is the best ratio of any game to date, fully understanding what Micro-Transaction is.

So much great things and I wouldn't have gone back to look at ArcheAge if it wasn't for Astellia.  

I still love BDO, it is still one of the greatest mmos made, but their enhancing system is just heart wrenching. The Lineage 2  ( holly cow, did you see that ? LineAge 2 ArcheAge ??) system of enhancement with modern twist, it just a lot easier on my blood pressure lol. 
    BDO's enhancing system is more than heart wrenching, its soul destroying, this single thing alone makes the game unplayable for me.
    Prime_Directive
    Grunty said:
    I'm forgetting things in my elder years.  Is the OP the guy who always comes up with the clickbait titles?
    Nah, this is the one who starts a new game every 3-6 months, praises it to high heavens then drops it like a hot rotten potato after that same amount of time.
    . The only game I've "dropped" is Age of Conan. SO not sure where you are coming from. I play videos games, a lot of them and if sharing positives is such a sinister thing,then I feel it is on the comprehension of the reader, not me.

THe thought that games can be looked at in a positive scope is alien to so many people, they should take a moment and cut that cancer of hate out them. 
    goboygo said:
    There's been a lot of positive changes over the last few years. I know , I was shocked but after playing Astellia, I was like, "let me go back and try Archeage" and low in behold, it hits all the points of what an mmo can do. 

Here are some of the points : 

Better enhancing system more in line with Lineage 2 then BDO 

Harim Enhancing  gear a lot better method then previous time sinks

Character progression through Ancestral system

low pay in of 10 dollars can set up for massive rewards ( Auction how license )

They now have cross server pvp mini games

Still solid graphically

Sailing is top notch , lest cumbersome over BDO

The notion I can pirate farm out in the middle of no where

"Hot Zones" if anyone remembers Shadowbane, hot zone can increase drop rates while the danger of pvp looms

Community is so much better then years past

Added Anonymous jury, making it safer to give judgement without fear of reprisal

Risk reward in trade pack system / go it safe or take a chance and go to the nation. 

Honor points much more usable with the ability to purchase Labor "potions"

Market price sales, now is thte time to grab auction license, character slots and other things

Just the monetization, 5 dollars for 1250 apex , that is the best ratio of any game to date, fully understanding what Micro-Transaction is.

So much great things and I wouldn't have gone back to look at ArcheAge if it wasn't for Astellia.  

I still love BDO, it is still one of the greatest mmos made, but their enhancing system is just heart wrenching. The Lineage 2  ( holly cow, did you see that ? LineAge 2 ArcheAge ??) system of enhancement with modern twist, it just a lot easier on my blood pressure lol. 
    BDO's enhancing system is more than heart wrenching, its soul destroying, this single thing alone makes the game unplayable for me.
    I learned that ArcheAge does have failures in enchanting, but more like Lineage 2.