Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is hard to say...

Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 1,056
edited July 4 in ArcheAge
Many people see me playing  different mmo's  , saying this one is so good that is good too, this has many feature, that has many feature  but lack this that and the other. 

LAst two yours of trying most mmos, I can finally say this .....

Archeage is the most complete fantasy mmo ever created
There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
sumdumguy1Temp0Viper482darkheartsDekahnnatpickDaemonweaverOG_ZorvanMaurgrimAvanahand 4 others.

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,782
    Many people see me playing  different mmo's  , saying this one is so good that is good too, this has many feature, that has many feature  but lack this that and the other. 

Archeage is the most complete P2W Fantasy mmo ever created
    darkheartsRhoklawKorecBonejoker
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,755
    edited July 4
    Since this is a coming out thread i just want to say I love Maple Story 2 and the music of Billy Ocean, I dont care who knows it either !!!
    ScotnatpickQuicksandWaanTokken
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• SandmanjwSandmanjw Member UncommonPosts: 187

Glad you like it...but cmon...coming here to say something like that makes it seem that you want to spend more time in forum PVP than playing the game.

Just saying there never will be a "most complete fantasy MMO ever created" because everyone has their own opinion, and is willing to gut you, for your wrong opinion....
    Prime_Directivesumdumguy1
  • k61977k61977 Member RarePosts: 1,223
    That game is a train wreck.  Glad you like it though.  Has to be a game for everybody out there somewhere.
    Prime_Directivesumdumguy1Darkpigeon
  • Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 1,056
    edited July 4
    There's been a lot of positive changes over the last few years. I know , I was shocked but after playing Astellia, I was like, "let me go back and try Archeage" and low in behold, it hits all the points of what an mmo can do. 

Here are some of the points : 

Better enhancing system more in line with Lineage 2 then BDO 

Harim Enhancing  gear a lot better method then previous time sinks

Character progression through Ancestral system

low pay in of 10 dollars can set up for massive rewards ( Auction how license )

They now have cross server pvp mini games

Still solid graphically

Sailing is top notch , lest cumbersome over BDO

The notion I can pirate farm out in the middle of no where

"Hot Zones" if anyone remembers Shadowbane, hot zone can increase drop rates while the danger of pvp looms

Community is so much better then years past

Added Anonymous jury, making it safer to give judgement without fear of reprisal

Risk reward in trade pack system / go it safe or take a chance and go to the nation. 

Honor points much more usable with the ability to purchase Labor "potions"

Market price sales, now is thte time to grab auction license, character slots and other things

Just the monetization, 5 dollars for 1250 apex , that is the best ratio of any game to date, fully understanding what Micro-Transaction is.

So much great things and I wouldn't have gone back to look at ArcheAge if it wasn't for Astellia.  

I still love BDO, it is still one of the greatest mmos made, but their enhancing system is just heart wrenching. The Lineage 2  ( holly cow, did you see that ? LineAge 2 ArcheAge ??) system of enhancement with modern twist, it just a lot easier on my blood pressure lol. 
    sumdumguy1
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,215
    I quit Archeage so fast i barely scratched the surface.I also own and played BDO but didn't last long there either.

These devs do not know how to make a good quality mmorpg.I can live with some ideas that don't sit well with me,but is the overall core design that usually has me running for the exits.BDO i played about 2 weeks but struggled to stay online even an hour each time.,AA about 2 days.

BDO was getting worse the more times i logged in,something new to turn me off each day.
    Sailing?I doubt any game does sailing as good as Atlas.Realictic moving and combat creatures,again Atlas.FFXI gave me the best class design ever in a mmorpg.
    So other games need to improve on the ideas i already see as being done the best.One thing for certain,i am NEVER accepting an automated game like BDO or any automated movement.

Design the game correctly,then make sure the immersion is there,don't try and lead me astray with goofy non plausible ideas.

EQ did a few things i liked but once i look past EQ2/FFXI and Atlas,i do not see anything any developer is doing to improve a role playing game.

If your game has big yellow markers over npc heads..FORGET IT.Cash shops forget it,automation,forget it,altaholic designs,forget it.
    sumdumguy1QuarterStackTokken

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,840
    OP is right, now just imagine if they didn't completely ruin the entire ecosystem with P2W, weighted RNG, unchecked cheating/hacking, and "Surprise Mechanic" boxes.

Imagine if an even BETTER company took everything XL Games did, with amazing overarching story and lore then applied it into a subscription/what-you-see-is-what-you-get pay model.

Nice right? Now get the F#$% back to reality friends.  :D 
    Asm0deus
    Raging Demons for all flowchart "Kens". This is a metaphor.
    edited July 4
    see people aren't trying the game before rebuttal, making their rebuttal invalid in 2019
  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 5,685
    Some quotes from Mars_Orbital:

December:
      "Black Desert is literally, the greatest mmorpg ever created"

April:
      "Best F2P of 2019 : Albion Online....
      ...I've been waiting for a game like this for quite sometime, find bits and peices in other games. Finally it has arrived in a game that I've never expected  to like."

July:
     "Archeage is the most complete fantasy mmo ever created"

It's great that you like MMOs, but a bit funny how every 3 months you're finding the greatest MMO.
    Scotsumdumguy1Asm0deusFlyByKnightk61977KyleranRich84WaanOG_ZorvanMaurgrimand 1 other.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 11,514
    edited July 4
    Oh Vrika, that was cruel. :)

I guess Mars may be one of those people who tends to have a honeymoon with each new MMO he gets into. We all do but I have noticed in some players it is vastly more significant. They seem to think it is the best thing since 3d graphics came out and can't understand why you are not playing. A few months later I am not sure what happens, boredom, I can only guess. Anyway they start to find fault with everything and a messy divorce comes not long after that.
    Kyleran

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 920
    edited July 4
    I shall relant and admit to Duke Nukem back in the 80's. <ahem> and yeah some M s PacMan as well-- oh the pain!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3l0kpl5tA4

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• BaalzharonBaalzharon Member RarePosts: 403
    I still enjoy BDO the most tbh. I'm gonna skip comments about graphics since that is more personal preferences for everyone and graphics don't make a good MMO or even a good game.

I can buy for all outfits+most (not all) pearl shop items can buy on the central market through pre-order

Can skip enhancement pos mechanics and buy upgrades directly on the market. Expensive? Yup, but better than the pos terrible RNG of enhancement. Bought a pen this way...took quite a pretty penny...but that leads to...

Crafting/npc worker empire/fishing/farming etc all the PVE stuff is better than most MMOs do it. It isn't really even much of a pvp game, its like pvp is just tacked onto a pve mmo as a complete after thought. Perfect for me personally. But my npc worker empire makes (each month) about 500 million, not the most...some make billions...but for me that is a nice amount. So in roughly 2 months I can afford a pen, but I also don't really play a lot.

However you do get a ton of free sh! every day, which also adds up the monthly income. Plus grinding mobs makes a decent amount (I find crafting/npc workers to be better for that though)

Sailing is a ton of fun, just going out on a boat and fishing in middle of the sea

Housing is decent, I like that you live in an actual city and not in middle of nowhere. I despise housing areas where you live in middle of nowhere. Makes it a waste of time to have a house. BUT with that said, I think wildstar/EQ2 and SWG had/have better housing as far as mechanics and customization go.

Dying in pvp is literally better than dying in PVE. Which coincides with my comment that pvp is tacked on as an after thought, there is literally no penalty in dying in pvp in fact I like dying in pvp because nothing happens. AND actually pvp on the non-pvp (arsha) server is super rare anyway.

An actual storyline if you pay attention to it. Its not the best, but its okay as far as MMOs go. I've seen worse stories in MMOs.

Now lets get to the downsides

Community is rotten. Is it the worst? Not really but its pretty bad, I've played plenty of MMOs (won't name and shame) with such bad communities they killed their own game. But it isn't very good still. Its too many political trolls and memes and people that are sadly old enough to be able to vote but shouldn't be allowed. Judging by chat, you'd think it was mostly all kids, but sadly its actual adults. Very sad. But again, not the worst, played MMOs with such terrible communities the FBI should have investigated those people

So lets get to the cash shop. I put it as a pro (its both, mostly a pro but has negatives). BUT...you really do need 5 pets otherwise you miss actual loot because corpses disappear so fast and the pets loot for you. Losing loot means potentially losing a ton of income. However you do get free pets sometimes through the login rewards. Also you can probably pay to win it by buying a bunch of stuff and selling it on market then buying pens with that money. But that would cost so much money that you'd need to be super rich in real life, but still its possible.

Also. Some stuff have so many pre-orders (which is a pro at same time) that its not very feasible to wait and better just to buy it. Also some stuff you can't buy, like the rip off 50 dollar tent that is actually more expensive than very high quality real life tents. I have a tent I bought for 49.99 (it was on sale) about two decades ago that is such high quality its still better than most tents one can buy, and none at that price. So same price yes, but that proves the point that 50 dollars for a game tent is a rip off.

Next downside is that for advancing, grinding does get kinda boring. Combat is a ton of fun, but for me the real game is all the pve stuff outside of grinding. Fishing, crafting, worker empire, quests to see the story (yes again it is there for those that pay attention) is the real game.

Biggest downside though is if you are a pvper. If you like pvp? This is probably the worst pvp game I can think of, it literally is tacked on. If I was a pvper, I'd find another MMO. Literally if you kill someone all you do is cost them a tiny bit of time, but the person literally gets no penalty from dying in pvp.

• BaalzharonBaalzharon Member RarePosts: 403
    You know...I saw the OP and I had black desert sub forum opened. And posted that long review of BDO cause I knew the OP also play(ed) BDO and posted it here cause I thought OP was a huge fan of BDO...and scanning through posts I saw BDO mentioned in a quote that the OP said...

and I'm in archeage forum xD
  • Viper482Viper482 Member EpicPosts: 2,576

Mars is drunk-posting again.
    Asm0deusOG_Zorvan
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    Vrika said:
    Some quotes from Mars_Orbital:

December:
      "Black Desert is literally, the greatest mmorpg ever created"

April:
      "Best F2P of 2019 : Albion Online....
      ...I've been waiting for a game like this for quite sometime, find bits and peices in other games. Finally it has arrived in a game that I've never expected  to like."

July:
     "Archeage is the most complete fantasy mmo ever created"

It's great that you like MMOs, but a bit funny how every 3 months you're finding the greatest MMO.
    reading comprehention is key :

IMO BDO is the "Greatest"
    IMO Albion, Best MMO for "2019"
    IMO ArcheAge is the most "Complete".

Bassic logic works if one applies it.  
    AethaerynMaurgrim
    Viper482 said:

Mars is drunk-posting again.
    I don't do redundancies .
    edited July 4
    Scot said:
    Oh Vrika, that was cruel. :)

I guess Mars may be one of those people who tends to have a honeymoon with each new MMO he gets into. We all do but I have noticed in some players it is vastly more significant. They seem to think it is the best thing since 3d graphics came out and can't understand why you are not playing. A few months later I am not sure what happens, boredom, I can only guess. Anyway they start to find fault with everything and a messy divorce comes not long after that.
    I been playing ArcheAge since F2p. I just now 2 years later came back to it because Astellia reminded me of ArcheAge. Archeage is simply the more complete version of all of the top Korean titles. 

Unlike 90% of the people here, I post about the games I'm playing, not from an out dated source of second hand knowledge.

Another thing, I haven't noticed how bad I've become at playing "real" mmo's that have multiple skills, playing games with 3-5 skills on a bar, I will probably not do again. 
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,648
    edited July 5
    I love ArcheAge as a game (not the cash shop) just the base game.

I just cant wait for the contract to expire with Gamigo as they are a total joke.

I hope XL self published in the west after Gamigo.
    KyleranViper482ScotGiarclen
  • Viper482Viper482 Member EpicPosts: 2,576
    DMKano said:
    I love ArcheAge as a game (not the cash shop) just the base game.

I just cant wait for the contract to expire with Gamigo as they are a total joke.

I hope XL self published in the west after Gamigo.

On this we agree. I absolutely fell in love with ArcheAge in beta and gave them $100 because of it. Then it released and they went full-on P2W. I've never seen such a horrible nosedive from greatness to shit in an MMO. Such a waste.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    edited July 5
    Will say Harim is also the best update for an mmo in 2019 , so far ....
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

Archeage is the most completely pay to win fantasy mmo ever created
    Fixed it for ya ;)
    Scot
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 2,504
    I'm forgetting things in my elder years.  Is the OP the guy who always comes up with the clickbait titles?
    Tokken
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,431
    ArcheAge is the best MMO ever made, but alas, until they get rid of the P2W elements in their cash shop, it's as good as dead.

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    I hear the only game you can play this game is with your credit card. Is this true still?
    Scot