Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Weekend of Gaming

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

imageA Weekend of Gaming

It’s a holiday weekend here in the States and while I’ll be busy partaking in typical holiday festivities, I’ve also got plans to set aside some time for gaming. This is what I’ll be playing. Share your own holiday weekend (or just weekend) gaming plans with us in the comments below!

Read the full story here

Comments

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited July 2019
    With my limited time, I’ve only been playing Overwatch and Lords of Magic until Age of Wonders: Planetfall releases. Still want to get through the new Grim Dawn expansion also. Maybe this weekend, hehe.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Vendetta Online and Distance, bro!

...I may futz around with Kerbal Space Program to see if I can launch a rocket without the parachute deploying prematurely.

Seriously though, Distance is amazing and Vendetta Online... well it's been a 16 year journey. I view VO somewhat like golf or tennis: worthy of improving for its own sake. Distance is the arcade racer I needed in my life.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    It's a weekend already?  A holiday in the US, yes.  But it's not a weekend yet.  I'm going to work tomorrow.

If the rest of the world wants to celebrate a holiday today, they should.  Today is aphelion for most of the world.  (July 4 for a majority of the world, but it's already July 5 for part of the world that aphelion falls on that day.)  And that should be of worldwide significance, as it isn't based on events that happened in this or that particular area.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I'm doing the same with Borderlands except I'm going full on and aiming for full play through, max level and every achievement in all three games (with new characters).

I've got 100% in BL1 Enhanced already (it took 88 hours) and have three achievements left to get in BL2.

Need a break before tackling Pre-sequel though...
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited July 2019
    Nope. No gaming today my friend. It's my favorite American holiday. It's time to get ridiculously, even offensively drunk, and play with high explosives.

DMKano said:
    "However, the celebration often turns into tragedy with the improper use of fireworks. According to the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, approximately 12,900 firework-related injuries were treated in emergency departments in 2017. There were at least 8 firework-related deaths in 2017."

XarkoPhaserlightJeffSpicoli[Deleted User]infomatzIselinSamhael
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    edited July 2019
    DMKano said:
    A weekend of keeping all your ten digits intact.

Remember if shooting off fireworks from your hand - count the fingers afterwards 

"However, the celebration often turns into tragedy with the improper use of fireworks. According to the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, approximately 12,900 firework-related injuries were treated in emergency departments in 2017. There were at least 8 firework-related deaths in 2017."
    Don't be this guy, even if he signed a contract that will pay him just shy of $40 million:

• BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    No games today just freedom  & food and the BIG MANS Parade- Suck it Commies!!!

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    ESO all weekend!

Slapshot1188Phaserlight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    borderlands 2 with grand kids on Xbox and after there sleeping Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth 
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness.
    I am still so jelly i didnt come up with that screen name......
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Inquisitor Martyr
    Shadfowbringers
    The Sinking City

Would have played those anyways., this week/weekend isn't any different to me being Dutch and all.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    [Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• TakeoJusticeTakeoJustice Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Final Fantasy XIV all weekend for me! Need to get my Dancer to 80. :)
    Phaserlight
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited July 2019
    I'm playing Inquisitor: Martyr - and you should too. Now (after 2.0 patch) it's one of the best ARPGs - and a very nice Warhammer40k game. Its recent user rating on Steam has grown from 50% ("negative") to 81%+ ("very positive") in a week and continues to grow for a reason - which is the game is very fun and deep. Not to mention the best cosmetics customization in the whole genre.

Thank you for your time!

• AlusciaAluscia Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Langrisser I & II all weekend (I use the very-handy google translate photo function for things I can't figure out). Was excited to see NIS announce they're bringing it to the US for real next year, but it's too good of an SRPG classic to wait that long for.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Spiderman movie, followed by a heavy push split between Baldur's Gate (I've got to clear those damn mines) and Hearts of Iron 3 (Italian Sevastapol needs some reinforcements, somehow).  If I need a break, I may pop into EQ1 for a bit.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    The new Season 2 of Apex Legends is fun....when the server doesn't hit a crap shoot for ping. The lag is real! However, still love the new map changes and the new Legend.

Playing Borderlands 2 for the first time ever. Out of all of 'em, never played, didn't seem interested. But now I see reason to try when at discount and to see if I should get the new one. So far so fun. A lot of humor and bad jokes.

Might get back to Guild Wars 2 or ESO this weekend as well (if there's time outside work). I really want to get back into playing a mage class character in an RPG setting. Very few single player RPGs allow for that and instead strike straight for the knight melee classes. Sure there's Skyrim again, I guess I could finally complete it's storyline...maybe.

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    3dom said:
    I'm playing Inquisitor: Martyr - and you should too. Now (after 2.0 patch) it's one of the best ARPGs - and a very nice Warhammer40k game. Its recent user rating on Steam has grown from 50% ("negative") to 81%+ ("very positive") in a week and continues to grow for a reason - which is the game is very fun and deep. Not to mention the best cosmetics customization in the whole genre.
    $50 regular price + 17 paid DLC?  What is in the DLC?
  • BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    3dom said:
    To me this is exactly the reason for not getting into Martyr. It's like with Paradox's games: they release the base game, followed by a diarrhoea of paid DLCs. By this time I reckon it would take you some 200 dollars to get all the Stellaris content, for example.

These guys here seem to have adopted the same annoying strategy, bleeding their customers $3.99 at a time.

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    3dom said:
    To me this is exactly the reason for not getting into Martyr. It's like with Paradox's games: they release the base game, followed by a diarrhoea of paid DLCs. By this time I reckon it would take you some 200 dollars to get all the Stellaris content, for example.

These guys here seem to have adopted the same annoying strategy, bleeding their customers $3.99 at a time.

Yeah, I looked at some of the DLC, and it's not fluff.  It's actual game play content.  No thanks.  I realize the content is optional, but I'm not supporting a game that charges $50 and then another $50 in DLC.  I'm sticking to the olden ways, where you got an entire game for the cover price, for as long as possible.
    GdemamiPalebane
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    3dom said:

Yeah, I looked at some of the DLC, and it's not fluff.  It's actual game play content.  No thanks.  I realize the content is optional, but I'm not supporting a game that charges $50 and then another $50 in DLC.  I'm sticking to the olden ways, where you got an entire game for the cover price, for as long as possible.
    Actually, the gameplay content can also be unlocked in game, it just takes a fair while. Wait for a sale or the stand alone expansion hitting the 30th of July for 30 bucks. 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited July 2019
    All the DLC packs in one set for Warhammer Inquisition Martyr is 20 Euros in the summer sale. The main game is 25 Euros but like @lahnmir said you can use fate (earned in game) to buy the DLC.
    Chamber of Chains
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I'm still waiting for one of the games I like to come out. Only now I can wait with hot dogs, apple pie, cold beer, and fireworks.
    JeffSpicoliMikeB

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    Finally saw Avengers Endgame and just played about 30 minutes of Breath of the Wild Last night.

Tomorrow more Breath of the Wild and that's it. Modding on Sunday.
    Iselin
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo