Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netflix Offers a First Look at The Witcher Series Cast Members - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageNetflix Offers a First Look at The Witcher Series Cast Members - MMORPG.com

The "See What's Next" Netflix Twitter has been updated to provide fans with a first look at some of the main characters from the upcoming series, The Witcher. You can check out Henry Cavill as Geralt, Freya Allan as Ciri and Anya Cholatra as Yennifer in addition to seeing the first official post art for the upcoming series. Hop through for a look-see!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    HA! Interesting....just noticed that Geralt only has one sword in the poster art and only one (visible) in the promo shot. O.0 Seems like a big omission. D:
    SaltyDog79TokkenFolmen[Deleted User]HidekiNomuraNonemaneRoinOctagon7711

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 484

SBFord said:

HA! Interesting....just noticed that Geralt only has one sword in the poster art and only one (visible) in the promo shot. O.0 Seems like a big omission. D:

That's what they WANT you to think.
    SBFord[Deleted User]
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • ChargeousChargeous Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    edited July 2019
    Actually in the book there is no additional sword. It made up in the games as I know.
    TokkenLeiHngWeiAlomarMaurgrim[Deleted User]darkheartsCelciusinfomatzOctagon7711
  • jj7009jj7009 Member UncommonPosts: 223

SBFord said:

SBFord said:

Today on Hot or Not......
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Grow a damned beard, Henry. You look like Cleft, the Boy Chin Wonder.
    MagikarpsGhostJeffSpicoliHidekiNomuraTezcatlapoccaNonemaneRoinOctagon7711
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    edited July 2019
    One positive thing is they seem to get a proper Geralt wig and trashed the Legolas one. Cavill looks the part at least in these pics imo. "Yennefer" doesn't do it for me at all however. If I didn't know it's her I never would have guessed. Both the costume and the actress, just no.

BakgrindAlomarHidekiNomurainfomatzOctagon7711

Chargeous said:

Actually in the book there is no additional sword. It made up in the games as I know.

It's to bad the folks at cd project red created the only thing close to originality involving the witcher. (Their team did a great job) The book series is an extended work of plagiarism stealing almost all ideas aside from naming conventions from the Elric Of Melnibone series by Michael MoorCock.

Back when moorcock wrote mostly pulp, Andrzej Sapkowski was the editor and translator for Science Fantasy's Polish branch. He left at the height of the publication's popularity and the height of Elric of Melnibone's popularity.
    SBFordAsm0deusHidekiNomurakotu107Caffynated

Chargeous said:

Also Geralt has no beard until Witcher 3. He does not like beard at all before w3 according his speeches.
    LeiHngWeiScotinfomatz
    And shortly afterwords published "The Witcher"

jj7009 said:

Chargeous said:

It's to bad the folks at cd project red created the only thing close to originality involving the witcher. (Their team did a great job) The book series is an extended work of plagiarism stealing almost all ideas aside from naming conventions from the Elric Of Melnibone series by Michael MoorCock.

Back when moorcock wrote mostly pulp, Andrzej Sapkowski was the editor and translator for Science Fantasy's Polish branch. He left at the height of the publication's popularity and the height of Elric of Melnibone's popularity.

You are right about your points. I also like the Cd Project red's creative touch the Witcher series. I dont know detailed information about the writer though. I just know he was a salesman and wrote the Witcher tales in his sale trips.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Despite poster art fail, I am pumped up for this. ;)
    Tokken

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    Im only watching this if Gerald is played by either Mads Mikkelsen or Viggo Mortessen. Nothing else will do.
    Tokken[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonSirAgravaine
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    I hope they do the show well...... I would love a good series to watch.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Arterius said:

Look people who have only played the games will be disappointed and upset but as someone who has read every book multiple time and never played the games. Geralt looks spot on. Like holy crap. If he can pull off the role then this show will be great

so not many people will like the series, that is the problem here, the witcher become more or less famous because of the games, its worse then game of thrones, because I bet most only did play the witcher 3
    [Deleted User]
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    With this, my expectations for the series went down again, like with almost all recent Witcher announcements and leaks.

I would love to be positively surprised by the series once it's out, but I don't hold much hope any more.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Everyone is comparing this to the game, specifically the 3rd one, not the earlier games or the novels. If you do that and act like the game's interpretation is the only option then you ain't going to like it.
    LeiHngWeiMrMelGibsonCazriel
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AragoniAragoni Member UncommonPosts: 384
    The casting choices of Fringilla and Yennefer just kills it for me. And the Nilfgaardian hockey armor.
    gastovski1NorseGod
  • doomexdoomex Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Henry Cavill looks nice as Geralt now. But the other two..ugh it's hard for me. But hope it will be a nice series overall.
  • NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    I'm kinda hyped up, but don't want this to come out as well cause they can just screw everything up.... I just don't know...
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    "The worst monsters are the ones we create.. At Netflix"

Meh, this will be a shit show, I'm calling it now, not because I think the show will be inherently bad, but rather because its going to have to serve too many masters. The book fans VS the game fans. And both against people like the rabid Got fans looking for their next angry fix.
    Game of Thrones wasn't an angry fix. People legitimately loved it, and that last season (episodes 3 and 5 in particular) were legitimately bad television. 
    Raapnaap
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    As someone wo started as a fan of the games then went and read the books, I'm very much on the fence with this show. I wasn't happy with a lot of the casting, but time will tell whether or not it ends up being good television.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Well... it can´t be worse then the chronicles of Sha-nay-nay...

So it got that going for it...
    [Deleted User]Slapshot1188TacticalZombehMrMelGibson

This have been a good conversation

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    tawess said:
    Well... it can´t be worse then the chronicles of Sha-nay-nay...

So it got that going for it...
    Netflix: "Challenge accepted..."
    alkarionlogTacticalZombeh
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    edited July 2019

jj7009 said:

Chargeous said:

Having read both sagas, I completely disagree. Geralt is nothing like Elric.
    Actually, the damned Lich King from WoW is closer to Elric than Geralt.
    The Similarities are superficial.

The first time I saw Geralt in "The Witcher" game I thought "Elric?"

Both have white hair, not sure how Geralt's eyes are depicted in the books (cat's eyes in the games) but Elric is an Albino.

Both have used Sorceries to change their body. Geralt in order to be strong, quick, "whatever" and Elric to just have strength to survive. Though he has to keep using concoctions until he gets Stormbringer.

I should add, I'm fine with the casting if they can pull it off.
    Sure, looking that part would help, but as someone who has directed actors, sometimes they can re-imagine a part so that one can't imagine it any other way.
    MrMelGibson
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited July 2019
    This is not from many photos, so what we think must be provisional. Ciri is the only one that does not look right to me.

Apart from that I loved the typo on Twitter, media types meet your fantasy fandom wake up call. :)