Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Astellia is hiting a stride with some players

Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 1,056
edited June 29 in Astellia
People still wantt play this game : 

Year 2013

And this is what Astrellia in away is doing with good success. The biggest difference is Astellia's pet system is a lot richer then Bless's system.
There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
Tokken

Comments

• MrTugglesMrTuggles Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Give me an updated version of Rappelz or a game with that pet system and I am all over it.
    DMKanoTsiyaceratop001
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,648
    edited June 29
    SWG, Rappelz had far superior pet systems to Astellia.

Heck Riders of Icarus has beter pet/taming systems.

Not sure why OP chose to compare it to Bless.. lol
    Tsiya
    People still wantt play this game : 

And this is what Astrellia in away is doing with good success.

Hmm not sure how it's "good success" - there are 57 people viewers watching a handful of streamers on twitch - for a game in CBT = dead
    Tokken
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,215
    edited June 29
    This game or ANY have a better pet system than Atlas...i highly doubt it.I can build a whole army of Lions and Tigers and Bears oh my,or an army of Elephants,Rhinos,wolves,not even Ark is as good because Ark gets silly with level 1500+ pets.I draw the line when getting silly,i need some plausible realism.

FFXI had the best ever pet system i have played in any game,but in Atlas,your pets level up,you can mount most of them and battle off of them or alongside them.I have to feed my pets and i can BREED my pets to get even stronger pets and involves a small mini game.

Perhaps more importantly,seeing the ranger/archer class shoot arrows like a repeating machine gun,looks awful and unrealistic.I also bet that Astellia doesn't have any ammo as typically KR games just cut all the corners in depth.

FFXI is still imo the best overall mmmorpg,pet's oh yes and they matter,class versatility,the best in rpg's with the sub class system and all classes on same character.TRUE grouping mechanics and game play combat designed around grouping like a MMORPG should be.

If you like the game,fine,play it,but i highly doubt it does any one aspect of design well enough to steer my interest from games i already own/play.

Matter of fact i been sort of bored lately,been thinking of going back and dabbling in some FFXI,i miss the class structure a lot,as well a more realistic Ranger class and the pet's are powerful.Man if i could mix the FFXI class design with Atlas world,i would play no other game.

Prime_DirectiveKyleran

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Here's an actual end-game review of CBT1 - anyone who thinks this game has potential - watch this video:

AlbatroesKyleranRenoaku
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,319
    edited June 30
    This game is just a prettier version of Aura Kingdom with less classes. Gearing/pet system/upgrade system/using costumes as armor sets. For crying out loud, some of the genderlocked classes dont even blink. You can't even accurate gauge the popularity of the cbt atm because they gave out so many free keys to it. Its just desperation for something new, nothing else, but like with Bless, some people need to learn this the hard way.

I will say one positive thing, I did like the look of some of the astels (Seika is bae). Outside of that....I wouldn't say its Bless levels of bad.....maybe that's a 2nd positive. People need to stop being desperate and paying to play games they know are b2p cash grabs that will go f2p within 3-6 months.
    Prime_Directive
  • Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 1,056
    edited June 30
    Wizardry said:
    This game or ANY have a better pet system than Atlas...i highly doubt it.I can build a whole army of Lions and Tigers and Bears oh my,or an army of Elephants,Rhinos,wolves,not even Ark is as good because Ark gets silly with level 1500+ pets.I draw the line when getting silly,i need some plausible realism.

FFXI had the best ever pet system i have played in any game,but in Atlas,your pets level up,you can mount most of them and battle off of them or alongside them.I have to feed my pets and i can BREED my pets to get even stronger pets and involves a small mini game.

Perhaps more importantly,seeing the ranger/archer class shoot arrows like a repeating machine gun,looks awful and unrealistic.I also bet that Astellia doesn't have any ammo as typically KR games just cut all the corners in depth.

FFXI is still imo the best overall mmmorpg,pet's oh yes and they matter,class versatility,the best in rpg's with the sub class system and all classes on same character.TRUE grouping mechanics and game play combat designed around grouping like a MMORPG should be.

If you like the game,fine,play it,but i highly doubt it does any one aspect of design well enough to steer my interest from games i already own/play.

Matter of fact i been sort of bored lately,been thinking of going back and dabbling in some FFXI,i miss the class structure a lot,as well a more realistic Ranger class and the pet's are powerful.Man if i could mix the FFXI class design with Atlas world,i would play no other game.

you are mixing apples oranges and bananas. Asttellia didn't just implement a pet system, the pets have dialog and narratives, that make owning a stand there do stuff seem boring now. That is just my opinion. 

Bless pet system had a lot of "potential" which we never got to see fulfilled. 

I've also read many comments in game that players from FF , liked Astellia's pet system better because it brought in the idea of building "pet decks" much like Shroud of the Avaters skill deck syustem. YOu can build up different decks for different situations, I personally think that is cool because it is not class restricted, all classes get pets...

I am not familiar with Final Fantasy except for the movie in the 90's :) 
  • QQMorePleaseQQMorePlease Newbie CommonPosts: 10
    I played for about 15 hours and couldn't anymore....I agree with the final review that Kano posted...pretty spot on and definitely will be hard passing on this one too.
    Tokken
  • BlackAdder77BlackAdder77 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    edited June 30
    After playing Riders for 2 years, this game seems like a downgrade. Visually its not even bad, everything else... jeez. Cant customize the UI, max of 3 bars so you cant fit in all the skills unless u make combos from skills with different cooldown whereas you don't have any indication of when the next skill in the combo is off cooldown. Massive... fps.... drops.... Its not that buggy, the problem is it just isn't anything really. It had me thinking what im doing with my life 3 times till lvl 14. Tried legendary dungeons, snoozefest. Ony pros (as in doesn't suck) are graphics and the depths of the astel companion system. The astel deck effects and co-op skills have massive customization options, it reminded me of GW1 a little bit, but overall i'd rather play Bless.
  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 1,775
    edited June 30
    You guys are seriously basing a game off it's pet system? Go play Poke'mon, problem solved. As for this game in particular? More burned out, leftover asian crap reshuffled for western audiences. No thanks.

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

• AenghasAenghas Member UncommonPosts: 69
    I was hoping to like it but nope. Observations about the render distance were spot on. I had to play at low graphics levels, which is on me but the game is just plain ugly at anything less than medium. Anyone trying to deny that is just white knighting, it was clearly designed to be played at highest settings with no regard for the lowest. Maybe I've just been spoiled by the majority of mmo's that have a design philosophy of making lowest settings tolerable and having higher settings be icing and decoration on the cake. Anyway, the render distance adds insult to injury with large objects only appearing as you get close. It is just jarring.

The movement, story and combat were all just slightly clunky too. I feel like character motivations and dialogue might flow smoother in Korean for a Korean audience but for me the tone of the interactions felt awkward. Just in most aspects of the game it felt like a subtle piece was missing. 

I'm not going to be a hater. Some people seem to have an axe to grind with it like they want revenge on the developers for killing their wife and newborn or something. It really isn't the anti-christ, if it is missing the mark in a lot of areas it isn't by a huge amount although they all add up. While I like the idea of a pet system for every class I don't particularly want to spend more time settling for second best with all the other aspects of the game.
    Prime_Directive
    After playing Riders for 2 years, this game seems like a downgrade. Visually its not even bad, everything else... jeez. Cant customize the UI, max of 3 bars so you cant fit in all the skills unless u make combos from skills with different cooldown whereas you don't have any indication of when the next skill in the combo is off cooldown. Massive... fps.... drops.... Its not that buggy, the problem is it just isn't anything really. It had me thinking what im doing with my life 3 times till lvl 14. Tried legendary dungeons, snoozefest. Ony pros (as in doesn't suck) are graphics and the depths of the astel companion system. The astel deck effects and co-op skills have massive customization options, it reminded me of GW1 a little bit, but overall i'd rather play Bless.
    I tried Raiders, but I just couldn't get a vibe from it, it was a lot more generic compared to Astellia in my opinion, specifically the combat and lack of character progression.
    Mikeha
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,045
    edited July 31
    DMKano said:
    Here's an actual end-game review of CBT1 - anyone who thinks this game has potential - watch this video:

Yep couldn't agree more first things I notice about the game.

- Uses Direct X9, isn't Optimized for Multi-Core CPU's, basically the game is pretty bad especially when running other tasks on a modern computer due to the way the game is code.

- The animations are awful compared to BDO and other modern games.

- First impressions of opening a cash shop and seeing Dungeon Tickets, Ressurection Tickets, and premium items without any free ability to edit a character after creation like BDO (P2E) Pay 2 Enjoy.

- This doesn't incldue graphical glitches in the cutscene, and issues like shown in the above video posted.

The only positive things I see about the game is whomever did the Artwork Character Models, and cutscenes did a decent job, beyond this the game needs major re code, and update to make it worth investing into a founders package.

But wait it's CBT right, it will get the updates on Release?

Well if the game actually is totally re code, and launches without all these issues, then I will truly be impressed, but every game i've seen so far that hands out Beta Keys like candy, and has these issues in a CBT doesn't get major improvements and fails pretty quickly like Bless.

Game is also said to will be Pay 2 Win though not confirmed but I can believe it based off what i've already seen );.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Astellia/comments/cgna1b/how_is_the_cash_shop/evi0h4f/?context=3
    Gdemami
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 7,742
    This game is hard for me to enjoy. I was hoping it would be like Aion, nope, feels more like 9Dragons.

• rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 689
    If this game was released 10 years ago I would have said it was good competition against other games of the AOC, LOTRO, DDO era. Then Rift and GW2 came with new innovations. Against later games like Archeage or BDO it cant hold a candle sorry. 
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,584
    MrTuggles said:
    Give me an updated version of Rappelz or a game with that pet system and I am all over it.

Rappelz was dope before season 5

• MagikrorriMMagikrorriM Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I think it's more of a short term amusement. It was fun for a bit. I think it is more tuned for pvp than pve. I didn't expect much from costumes, why would they put everything in at a beta? 

It was fun there were a few clever moments involving the ai, I thought the pet pathing was pretty good, I didn't experience the pvp, can't comment on that. Something shortlived play for the LULz.
    Prime_DirectiveRaidonn
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,319
    So what happened to all the excitement? I thought people were saying this game was going to be a hit etc. Its been silent for a while now though. Maybe its too good for words? Lol
    edited August 20
    Albatroes said:
    So what happened to all the excitement? I thought people were saying this game was going to be a hit etc. Its been silent for a while now though. Maybe its too good for words? Lol
    Wasn't aware the game released ? Got the link ? 
    Mikeha