Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bandai Namco Announces Blue Protocol, an Anime Styled Online ARPG for PC

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageBandai Namco Announces Blue Protocol, an Anime Styled Online ARPG for PC

Bandai Namco has announced a new anime-styled action RPG called Blue Protocol for PC. The game is being developed by Project Blue Sky, a team made up of veterans from Bandai Namco Online and Bandai Namco Studio, and it is being built on Unreal Engine 4. There are few other details and only a single screenshot of the game in development, but we do have an English-language description of the game.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Wizzurah84Wizzurah84 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Never ever play bandai namco game again thank you.
    FolmenmussolinialkarionlogAeanderXarkowormed
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    I really dislike how ARPG can describe everything from Diablo to Dark Souls. It makes it difficult to narrow down exactly what this is until we see gameplay.
    FolmenalkarionlogXarkoBlueThunderBearLife2v
  • RoyalValorRoyalValor Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Looks really similar to Genshin Impact. I was lucky enough to get into the closed beta and enjoyed it.. I'm wondering if this game will be just as enjoyable
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768

Looks really similar to Genshin Impact. I was lucky enough to get into the closed beta and enjoyed it.. I'm wondering if this game will be just as enjoyable

They probably think that anime mmo game is the next big thing and trying to compete for it.
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    looks promising aslong as its open world rather than dinky dungeon instances like soulworker
    JeffSpicoliFolmenBlueThunderBear
    looks promising aslong as its open world rather than dinky dungeon instances like soulworker
    A lot can be done with instances that cannot be done with open world (ie: death penalties that have a heavy impact on that run alone, goals like exterminating every enemy in a map, strategically restricting users to their current skill bar for an entire mission, etc.). But, a majority of instanced games do not tap into that potential, instead opting for shallow hack and slashers like Soul Worker and Dragon Nest. It's tragic, really. The instances aren't the problem. The games are.
    FolmenRoinalkarionlogsschruppSolancerNepheth
  • PARTIESPLAYINPARTIESPLAYIN Member UncommonPosts: 55
    I can't handle not having my awsd . So pass for me more then likely
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    i love namco, since ps1 destiny
    SigmaEX

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Interesting, keeping my eye on it.
    Mikeha
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Aeander said:
    A lot can be done with instances that cannot be done with open world (ie: death penalties that have a heavy impact on that run alone, goals like exterminating every enemy in a map, strategically restricting users to their current skill bar for an entire mission, etc.). But, a majority of instanced games do not tap into that potential, instead opting for shallow hack and slashers like Soul Worker and Dragon Nest. It's tragic, really. The instances aren't the problem. The games are.
    Wouldn't a non-instanced ARPG be quite stressful on servers?  Even Marvel Superheroes started having issues with its larger instances (especially when Squirrel Girl armies were involved)

If I had to guess, I'd say that's why no one ever makes noninstanced ARPGs.  It's a lot more server calculations in the physics of everything than most MMOs have.
    Tiamat64 said:
    Aeander said:
    Wouldn't a non-instanced ARPG be quite stressful on servers?  Even Marvel Superheroes started having issues with its larger instances (especially when Squirrel Girl armies were involved)

If I had to guess, I'd say that's why no one ever makes noninstanced ARPGs.  It's a lot more server calculations in the physics of everything than most MMOs have.
    Not being a developer myself, I can't attest to such. I certainly do know of a great deal of performance issues with Marvel Heroes, but my understanding from widespread talk on the matter was that these were the result of memory leaks.
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    Marvel Heroes... *sniffle*
    [Deleted User]
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Never ever play bandai namco game again thank you.

[Deleted User]
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

Im not seeing anything about not having wasd layout
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    I found this:

Are they going to publish a chinese game ?
  • KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137

I dunno, I think anyone who legitimately couldn't live without wasd would never call it awsd.
    [Deleted User]
  • CynehildCynehild Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Asian MMOs carrying the whole genre