Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torchlight Frontiers 'Beast Buddies Update' Coming on July 16th - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageTorchlight Frontiers 'Beast Buddies Update' Coming on July 16th - MMORPG.com

The Torchlight Frontiers team is hard at work on the next major update to the game. Called "Beast Buddies", the patch will include pet companions. While they've always had helpful abilities to share with their player companion, pets in Torchlight Frontiers will be upping their game. Players will be able to collect a number of pets and swap them out as well as collect pet skills to assign to their companion.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I love games with pet systems and TL 2 always had the coolest with all their abilities. This sounds like a nice progression! :)
    NyteWytchScottJeslisTokkenJeffSpicoli

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    SBFord said:
    I love games with pet systems and TL 2 always had the coolest with all their abilities. This sounds like a nice progression! :)
    I always thought of my pet as just being a loot to merchant delivery service.  :p
    TokkenJeffSpicoli
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    they need make a founder pack right now and early access, I USUALLy never into founder pack or early access, but this game is all worth it. torch light or diablo will be always take my moneys, no question ask
    [Deleted User]alkarionlog

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    I wonder if we'll get Tetris MMO soon? People like MMO games with graphics from past millennium.
    kryntok

Thank you for your time!

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    edited June 2019
    3dom said:
    I wonder if we'll get Tetris MMO soon? People like MMO games with graphics from past millennium.
    We have a tetris battle royale. So, close enough?  :D
    kryntok
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Kind of disappointed because they said at launch they will only have 3 or 4 classes.
    kryntok
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    the way the topic was made I was thinking if they already launched the game, guess its not the case?
    kryntok
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • mandros56mandros56 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    edited June 2019

the way the topic was made I was thinking if they already launched the game, guess its not the case?

It's in Alpha and you can sign up via the link to the site at the end of the article.
    kryntok
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I signed up for Alpha, so we'll see.

Gut Out!
    kryntok

What, me worry?

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited June 2019
    I'm sitting over here like a jealous ex-girlfriend (I'm not jealous), because I supported since TL1 and can't get invited on a date with TL3.

kryntok
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426

Nope. It is basically feature by feature implementation of everything starting with a pretty bare-bones experience a few months ago. With the reworked relic weapon system and the improved pet system this would actually be the first update where the character development would not feel extremely basic.
    kryntok
  • kryntokkryntok Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Looks like this game is getting ♬♬ BETTER ♬♬ :'D
  • vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 431
    Call me when they release the game

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I haven't played in a while, will probably come back for the 4th class but I've seen enough for now to satisfy my curiosity. They are trying to avoid wiping as best they can which means all progress will carry over to final release, but I'm just not in love any of the current classes so I'll wait to see the next one before deciding on something to main.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    The amount of time it's taking for this game to come out(already half of 2019 gone)is making me fear that they are cranking up the monetization schemes.

While I'm not opposed to a variety of ways to pay(see ESO) and I think this game needs to be at least p2w-lite for its survival(see MH) I'm hoping they don't create a payment model that makes people turn away from the start. I don't think STO and Neverwinter monetization will work for this game.
  • MetroboMetrobo Member UncommonPosts: 31
    edited June 2019

They are trying to avoid wiping as best they can which means all progress will carry over to final release, but I'm just not in love any of the current classes so I'll wait to see the next one before deciding on something to main.

I gotta agree. I like the latest class but it is not one I'd see myself maining. The 4th class I'm hoping is one that I love.

I will come back to try new pets and collect them so that when i choose my main I'll have it ready.