Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Astellia First Look - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageAstellia First Look - MMORPG.com

Yesterday marked the first day of the Astellia closed beta #1. We were given access to the game for streaming, review videos, and anything you could want to see as you take the first look into a new title. This beta is running until July 1st and it gives us a good chance to break the system. There are two servers with absolutely everyone they can get into them for this purpose. Here is a breakdown of what we saw along with a video review to give you a little pre-show.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Is that an actual hotbar with room for more than 4 abilities in a new MMO? Omg, dare I be interested?
    ScotLrdEtriusRadooblamo2000gastovski1LeFantomedoomexBillMurphyKyleranpreachermanx
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    It stutter and lag for me, visually looks good though, and some people might hate gender lock, don't know if they will change that for the west.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

Viper482 said:

Is that an actual hotbar with room for more than 4 abilities in a new MMO? Omg, dare I be interested?

No because if you had five abilities you would need more than half a brain. :)
    blamo2000Kyleran
  • CynehildCynehild Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Graphics look good & colorful. Runs very smoothly. Combat is rather rigid because you can't hit while moving. Biggest problem is why most astels are underage little girls. So far I'd get it and probably play it here and then but not too intensely.
    OyjordLeFantomewingood
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Cynehild said:
    Combat is rather rigid because you can't hit while moving. 

So it plays like an actual tab-target MMO? Good news to me!
    BlueThunderBearretiredmjKyleran
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    edited June 2019
    its not a closed beta! the games been out in the koreas for a long time since like 2017 ofc its gonna look polished.... the main problem with this game is the astel system its a load of man berries.
    why cant korean companies make a decent mmorpg! little girls dont appeal to me nor do summoning many of them to fight for me
    Stop reporting on this PoS!
    [Deleted User]black9icedoomexBlacklabelcaliOyjordOzmodangastovski1LeFantomeValdheimKyleranand 1 other.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    It's not my dream mmo, but I could spend some hours there.
    blamo2000wingoodKyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375

Viper482 said:

Try Warhammer return of reckoning.
  • AenghasAenghas Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Kind of funny that they don't seem to grasp why the West doesn't like gender locks.

Every Western YouTuber that has covered it: Loli mage?! Have to play archer as a lady?! Mmno thanks.

Korean developers: They don't like gender locks? Ah, they must be upset they can't play the male classes
    as bikini models with bangin' bodies, lets fix that first.
    Kyleran
  • black9iceblack9ice Member UncommonPosts: 154

its not a closed beta! the games been out in the koreas for a long time since like 2017 ofc its gonna look polished.... the main problem with this game is the astel system its a load of man berries.
    why cant korean companies make a decent mmorpg! little girls dont appeal to me nor do summoning many of them to fight for me

IKR, Localization to a different market is now considered a "BETA" phase in 2019. Nope, its still called localization. Love how all these kids like trying to spin things differently these days.

But hey, if the confusion keeps the dollars flowing, no one seems to care but the 1-5% of us normal people. I still live by the old principal, you can't polish a turd, something people have clearly lost touch with.
    OzmodandoomexQSatu
  • QQMorePleaseQQMorePlease Member UncommonPosts: 51
    edited June 2019
    Yeah the whole "pretty polished for beta" comments are getting old after you do 2 seconds of research and find that this game isn't "beta" at all....its a fully functional...fielded product ....and its still garbage.
    doomexOyjordOzmodan
  • ZorlofeZorlofe Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Nothing will satisfy till Pantheon! :smiley:
    SovrathsakerValdheim
  • doomexdoomex Member UncommonPosts: 150
    edited June 2019
    Gonna wait for a switch bait into f2p. Or die as a b2p. It will be fun to see Bless v2.0beta
    This game offers nothing than looking for lolis and pet them. I would gladly hope it fails, and the weirdos get their money taken without refunds just as Bless did. I expect nothing from korean games this times..such a shame.BDO is going there also it seems.Tera did it first.Hope Astellia will be the last.
    MissingSignalKyleran
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Good game but needs more classes. I will play Astellia while waiting for A:IR.
    blamo2000wingoodKyleran
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    I'm all tab targeted out after decades of it. It's action combat or hybrids for me only.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • CynehildCynehild Member UncommonPosts: 102
    This game will be the living proof that catering to Western skeptics is just impossible, even though the developer has made Western version specific changes. I hope Asian MMOs learn from this and stop catering to Western tastes. Any effort will just be met with mockery & negativity anyway.
    OzmodanDr_BinksdoomexKyleranGroqstrong
  • Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

black9ice said:

I still live by the old principal, you can't polish a turd, something people have clearly lost touch with.

The Japanese have developed a technique to take poop and polish it into a nice shiny ball which started a trend in converting objects into shiny orbs which you can find youtube videos of. So you can indeed polish a turd but it takes dedication and effort.
    blamo2000wingoodValdheimdoomexKyleranTacticalZombeh
  • MissingSignalMissingSignal Member UncommonPosts: 13

doomex said:

Gonna wait for a switch bait into f2p. Or die as a b2p. It will be fun to see Bless v2.0beta

This game offers nothing than looking for lolis and pet them. I would gladly hope it fails, and the weirdos get their money taken without refunds just as Bless did. I expect nothing from korean games this times..such a shame.BDO is going there also it seems.Tera did it first.Hope Astellia will be the last.

Same here. I don't think the game is like too bad but for something that plays pretty identical to Bless, I'm not shelling any money for. Honestly I started playing archeage and it seems to have what this game has but with a better combat system and performance. I can imagine playing this for a bit but never imagine this becoming my main mmo.
    BlacklabelcaliOzmodanmbrodiedoomex
  • RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298

Viper482 said:

Such swagger in 2019? How dare you?!
    Kyleran
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

doomex said:

Same here. I don't think the game is like too bad but for something that plays pretty identical to Bless, I'm not shelling any money for. Honestly I started playing archeage and it seems to have what this game has but with a better combat system and performance. I can imagine playing this for a bit but never imagine this becoming my main mmo.
    Welcome to our forums. :)

and your first WTF, don't let that put you off!
    Kyleran
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    the graphics look ok, nothing revolutionary - but the creepy little girl servant, yeesh - with a giant gear/weapon... also just looks very boring frankly
    Ozmodan
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    Ok, after watching the video AND finding out they may not have the gender locking resolved by launch, I once again doubt this company understands their western audience. I'll pass unless I get a key to check it out and/or wait for post-launch reviews.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    edited June 2019
    I like that they made the pet system kind of like a card game or pokimon :D . Travel around do quests to get a new card  aka pet and can play them when ever . 

This was overlooked by a lot of the "previews" and a few other details like actual character attributes and skill attributes. Something many games currently don't do , but something I've always liked while playing shadowbane. 

Even BDO really only has the enchanting system for character output leveling everyone at the same base damage once all PEN is achieved

Having a chance to build on stats , should be in every mmorpg.
    I couldn't agree more.  Most games people consider mmorpgs forgot to add the rpg systems in.  If I'm exactly the same sans gear as everyone else of my class or in the game, or mostly the same, what is the point?  What is the most infuriating are games with decent systems but no skill cap.  Games with every player being exactly alike sans gear saved themselves a ton of work - the games with decent rpg systems and no skill caps just confuse me - why put all that work into the system to have the same exact result as if you didn't have them?  Every maxed out player being exactly the same (sans gear).  I'll never understand it (and also never play those types of games either). 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited June 2019
    Scot said:

Viper482 said:

No because if you had five abilities you would need more than half a brain. :)
    As someone who has played a lot of MOBAs, I say that you can actually condense a lot of mechanical skill ceiling into a mere four abilities.

Don't believe me? Here's a clip of one of the most difficult characters in the genre. His name's Aether and he comes from an obscure Chinese moba called Realm of the Titans (a game which could have possibly inspired Heroes of the Storm's mechanics due to their heavy similarity). While he's seemingly simplistic, he's got an incredible learning curve in practice. Being effective with Aether requires landing 3 thin, curved skillshots in less than a second. An amazing Aether player can instantly kill someone from a quarter of the map away, and a mediocre Aether may as well go AFK for all that he would contribute to his team. 

(It was actually pretty difficult to find any footage at all due to how old and short lived the Western version of the game was).

Kyleran