Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CBT 1 Screenshots

Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 1,056
edited June 26 in Astellia
A lot of games takes years push out better graphics, but Astella has really pushed the texturing and post processing to the next generation using 4th generation base engine. When a group of people can produce these kind of vistas at the beginning of life of a title, it is something to watch how they continue to build on what is a very solid base of a game.

Sometime I can't even believe my computer can process such graphics, makes me happy :)

There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
blamo2000

Comments

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 539
    It looks nice but how is the performance? I watched some videos of the kr version and performance was pretty bad.

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,648
    edited June 26
    It looks nice but how is the performance? I watched some videos of the kr version and performance was pretty bad.

Not great.

The biggest problem is not the graphics nor performance but rather the game itself - dull to the core. 

I am sure there is probably a few thousand players that will find this appealing (there is always a following no matter how bad it is) - but as far as mass appeal goes - this one is a dead on arrival

My question from over a year ago stands when they first announce Astellia coming to the west:

Why? Zero chance of catching on with western players in 2019 
    RexKushmanMisterZebubGdemami
  • BobVaBobVa Member UncommonPosts: 125
    For some reasons , Astellia screenshot are decent, but the in-game graphics ( especially THAT zones with overthetop lightings ) is .. hurting my eyes. Reminds me of the cheap...washy graphics back in the days, such as on Perfect World. 
    DMKanoAsm0deus
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,648
    BobVa said:
    For some reasons , Astellia screenshot are decent, but the in-game graphics ( especially THAT zones with overthetop lightings ) is .. hurting my eyes. Reminds me of the cheap...washy graphics back in the days, such as on Perfect World. 
    Yep it's a case of- looks way worse in game, but if you look carefully - the screenshots are not all that either. 
  • Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 1,056
    Performance is pretty good for me. Most of the people who are having problems are running nvida cards which depend greatly on nvida gameworks.

DMKano said:

Take your negativity somewhere else, thank you.
    blamo2000Asheram
    edited June 26
    Has that BDO spark affects

This game is not for everyone, so am not sure why everyone is commenting on it.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 2,891
    edited June 26
    BobVa said:
    Yeah most games I find the screenshots look not as good as in game but find it's the opposite with this game.

There something about the graphics in game that are off..it makes me feel like I am all sparkly like the vampires the twilight movies or something especially when looking at things in the distance and the clouds..dunno they look fake pasted on...something is not right with them.

That said the story seem kind of interesting and I might run through the story line  to end game if it ever comes on sale like for less than 9.99$cad or so.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

case: Coolermaster HAF932
    PSU: Antec EA 750watt
    RAM: 4x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
    GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
    cooling: Noctua NH-D14
    storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, samsung evo 860 500gb SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

edited June 26
    I wasn't to sure about the invisi walls but the game seems to continually  open up horizontally. Some of the npc camps aren't as deep as BDO but again, we're dealing with BDO grind either. Looking forward to Sat which should have apoatch for gender unlock and quick lvl 50 lvl up.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 2,891
    edited June 26
    I guess it's not too bad for an old game using my old gpu. I have the feeling it's the kind of game where the graphic grow on you after awhile if you can get over that odd twilight vampires feel to them.  Oddly you don't get that in the SS as seen here but I definitely see it in game and the clouds look better in these SS than they do in game.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

case: Coolermaster HAF932
    PSU: Antec EA 750watt
    RAM: 4x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
    GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
    cooling: Noctua NH-D14
    storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, samsung evo 860 500gb SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

• NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 135
    1) Game is generic mmorpg nothing is different or added newly,
    2)Game is Dx9 which stutters or has some fps drop if your hardware is new and when you do something with UI it stutters for a split second like Tera online has decade ago.
    3)Movement is clunky, using skills somehow feels too laggy for me.
    4)Feels like completely Bless Online all over again, dead within months aaaaand yeah WoW Classic is gonna come out,

So don't waste your money on this game really... Even if you have nothing else to do just stay away. UE3 should be killed now it is 2019 but devs still trying to milk money from people. For me it feels like whenever MMORPG community buys an asian based 10 years old MMO, they're killing the future making of decent MMORPGs.
    Asm0deusKriggles
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 7,742
    That guy must always win at patty-cake, look at the size of those hands.
    Prime_DirectiveAsheram

• NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 135
    DMKano said:

Take your negativity somewhere else, thank you.
    Why are you getting paid buy the devs or too delusional to think that this game is going to survive after couple of months?
    edited June 26
    Tiller said:
    I didn't eeven adjust the hands lol, might have to reroll now :D

Starting a new trend for myself, blockking all negative reduncacies, I am at defcon 5, I don't need negative people in my world. :) 
    All depends on the hardware. I have notice a good man nivida people complaining mostly. 
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 7,742
    Tiller said:

Starting a new trend for myself, blockking all negative reduncacies, I am at defcon 5, I don't need negative people in my world. :) 
    All Korean MMOs seem to have that same default character design flaw, small head and huge hands.

Tiller said:
    Tiller said:

All Korean MMOs seem to have that same default character design flaw, small head and huge hands.
    It was more of me being lazy and not notice it. It can be ajusted in the character panel which is pretty nice character creator system.
  • MisterZebubMisterZebub Member LegendaryPosts: 3,574
    DMKano said:

Not great.

The biggest problem is not the graphics nor performance but rather the game itself - dull to the core. 

I am sure there is probably a few thousand players that will find this appealing (there is always a following no matter how bad it is) - but as far as mass appeal goes - this one is a dead on arrival

My question from over a year ago stands when they first announce Astellia coming to the west:

Why? Zero chance of catching on with western players in 2019 
    So yet another Asian made, paint by numbers, cookie cutter, assembly line MMO, with pretty graphics? It figures.
    Tiller

"l heard joke once: Man goes to doctor, says he's depressed. Life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go see him. That should pick you up.''
    Man bursts into tears. ''But doctor,... '' he says. ''l am Pagliacci.'' Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. . .Curtains."

edited June 26
    My Settings : 

More in my gallery : https://www.mmorpg.com/galleries/Mars_Orbital
  • StizzledStizzled Member RarePosts: 1,928
    That's some pretty extreme DoF. It all just looks like a blurry mess to me.

Does it do that just for screenshots or does the game always look like that? 
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,026
    Asian grinders have had some pretty good graphics for a while now.
    Looking pretty is kinda not the problem though.

Though I will say the lack of self-shadowing on that dude's helmet throws me off a bit. 
  • TokkenTokken Member RarePosts: 2,150
    Looks don't cut it....... it's whats inside that counts.  Tried it,  game is not good. 
    Make PvE GREAT Again!
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 863
    Well, since this game is coming out shortly after Classic I won't be playing it for a long while.  But just to annoy the people in this thread I plan on heavily supporting it financially.

1) Game is generic mmorpg nothing is different or added newly,

I haven't played it but it seems to have actual rpg systems and character development systems.  I can't think of any mmorpg that came out in a long time that has had this.  Certainly none of the popular ones people play today.  That alone is well worth the price of admission for fans of the rpg acronym in mmorpgs.  
    Prime_Directive
    edited June 26
    My setting are mid level , with 3/4 of the effects turned off. 

Max settings

My settings : 

I do use the film affect in the graphics menu, I like the look it gives it.
    no post processing

My settings w/ post processing : 

Max Setting / everything checked : 

Mikeha