Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Extended Gameplay Demo Video

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Extended Gameplay Demo Video

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited June 2019
    Extended Looks better then the crap they showed at E3 but still....Does a generic on rails action adventure game cut in 2019 ? Am i alone when i say I expect "more" at this point from Big Budget studio's?

They nailed the Star Wars aesthetic , Looks very star warsy, But the game itself....Mehh Bring something new to the table, At least pretend to try...
    [Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• NeffxUniNeffxUni Newbie CommonPosts: 3

Extended Looks better then the crap they showed at E3 but still....Does a generic on rails action adventure game cut in 2019 ? Am i alone when i say I expect "more" at this point from Big Budget studio's?

They nailed the Star Wars aesthetic , Looks very star warsy, But the game itself....Mehh

Bring something new to the table, At least pretend to try...

Dude I don't know what else you are wanting from game companies, but this looks very well done and is shaping up to be a great title for the end of 2019. This is far better than most of the crap that gets dropped these days. I think this is a great take on the starwars franchise that does feel fresh and exciting.
    [Deleted User]JeffSpicoliAlomar
    edited June 2019
    You created a account just to tell me that ?

[Deleted User]Tiller[Deleted User]XarkoOctagon7711
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Video looks pretty good.  On the rails, off the rails, doesn't matter to me as long as it's fun to play.
    GorweTacticalZombehrojoArcueid

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I bet the maps look like a straight line. Will anyone actually make an open world Star Wars game again?
    JeffSpicoli[Deleted User]Alomar
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    meh looks like jedi outcast all over again, lets see if it would be as good
    Octagon7711
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    It is effectively the safe bet game for Star Wars. It hams on the Jedi Knight and the Force Unleashed titles pretty bluntly.

Given those are games that worked out pretty well for sales it should come as no surprise they'd take another whack at the same horse.
    [Deleted User]Octagon7711Gorwe
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

They nailed the Star Wars aesthetic , Looks very star warsy, But the game itself....Mehh Bring something new to the table, At least pretend to try...
    What would that more be?

Open world?

I love open world games but open world games come with their own issues. If it's story based then having a player wander a lot sort of diffuses any sense of tension, no?

If not open world then what is it you want? Game looks solid. Combat looks decent, especially that fight with toward the end with the guy with the purple whatchamacallit, and that Spider thingy did make me jump.

[Deleted User]immodiumValentinaOctagon7711SabracRenfail
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:

What would that more be?

Open world?

I

I Honestly couldn't tell you, But here is what I can. . See this game, I'v been played it before, probably 20 or 30 times not with the fresh coat of Star Wars paint but yeah. Don't get me wrong if you are 12 and love Star Wars you are going to Loveeeee this. Not because the game is immature or catered towards children but it will probably be fresh/new , to them & thats fine. 

But for me I'v played this one before, and tbh it wasn't all that amazing the other 20 times i did . This formula is old, lazy, rehashed and just another SAFE GAME with a Home Run I.P. If you think this looks fun, great for you, enjoy. But me, I'l pass.
    GdemamiXarko[Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Why can't we have an MMO like this? :( Full-blown world, action-packed combat, social professions, etc etc etc.

COME ON
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    edited June 2019
    Is this the "way more impressive" footage people saw at E3 behind closed doors? I don't see how. My opinion remains exactly the same: Looks decent, nothing to write home about. Although considering we are talking about a Disney-EA Star Wars game decent is almost a miracle, I guess.

Gotta say the little droid is growing on me though.
    Sovrath said:

What would that more be?

Open world?

I

I Honestly couldn't tell you, But here is what I can. . See this game, I'v been played it before, probably 20 or 30 times not with the fresh coat of Star Wars paint but yeah. Don't get me wrong if you are 12 and love Star Wars you are going to Loveeeee this. Not because the game is immature or catered towards children but it will probably be fresh/new , to them & thats fine. 

But for me I'v played this one before, and tbh it wasn't all that amazing the other 20 times i did . This formula is old, lazy, rehashed and just another SAFE GAME with a Home Run I.P. If you think this looks fun, great for you, enjoy. But me, I'l pass.
    I suppose for developers it's damned if they do/damned if they don't. Sure, they could be innovative up the wazooo, most probably want to do that. 

But if the players don't get the game, don't think it's fun, then that's it, "game over" so to speak.

Also, do we really know if this isn't going to have some surprises? Look at the game Bloodstained: Ritual of the night. It looks like a throwback. In some ways it is. But the game has been getting very good reviews.

I'm more apt to give a game a chance than not. 
    Renfail

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• asnowasnow Member UncommonPosts: 43
    nice cash grab, i pass x)
  • TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456

asnow said:

nice cash grab, i pass x)

I'm as anti EA as the next guy, but what cash grab? They are selling a single player, story driven stars wars game. Those are always the best ones imo. They are even showcasing it extensively so it's not even a surprise what you're getting. Cookie cutter MOBA/Survival games feel way more "Gimme your money for minimal product"

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited June 2019
    If this isn't on rails then it's awesome.

If not, I'm gonna go back to playing Dragon's Lair. Wake me up when stuff isn't all scripted.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Sovrath said:

What would that more be?

Open world?

I love open world games but open world games come with their own issues. If it's story based then having a player wander a lot sort of diffuses any sense of tension, no?

If not open world then what is it you want? Game looks solid. Combat looks decent, especially that fight with toward the end with the guy with the purple whatchamacallit, and that Spider thingy did make me jump.

Skyrim did a good job.  The NPC you followed at the start said either come with him or go and do your own thang.  Dark Messiah of Might and Magic was on tight rails but the adventure was awesome, with good replay.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138
    edited June 2019
    After playing so many open world games recently, some of them mediocre (i'm looking at you Rage 2) i feel just in the right mood to try a single player linear story game, so while the trailer does it indeed looks lackluster, i'm willing to give Respawn a chance.

But i'm gonna wait for reviews first and see if EA keeps their word regarding the mtx and lootboxes suprise mechanics.
  • MowzerMowzer Member UncommonPosts: 78

Sabrac said:

After playing so many open world games recently, some of them mediocre (i'm looking at you Rage 2) i feel just in the right mood to try a single player linear story game, so while the trailer does it indeed looks lackluster, i'm willing to give Respawn a chance.

But i'm gonna wait for reviews first and see if EA keeps their word regarding the mtx and lootboxes suprise mechanics.

This is pretty well me, I will be waiting till a week or two after release, getting feedback from some trusted sources then making a decision. What they have showed so far is not enough to make that decision. It could easily be a half-arsed shallow money grab, theres no way to tell yet.
    If Obsidian were making it and EA had no hand in it, then I would already have it pre-ordered.
    Sabrac
    Sovrath said:

What would that more be?

Open world?

Skyrim did a good job.  The NPC you followed at the start said either come with him or go and do your own thang.  Dark Messiah of Might and Magic was on tight rails but the adventure was awesome, with good replay.
    Keep in mind before I say this, I have 1495 hours in Skyrim and currently 192 hours in the special editon...

It really didn't.

The issue is that a game, like skyrim, will drop some story, a problem, something dire, and you will then go off, pick flowers, look at a few caves and then when you are good and ready, go see what all that dragon hubub was about.

And if you decide not to no worries, nothing bad will happen to the world at all. You can ignore the dragons and you can ignore the civil war for the most part. At no point do you just show up Solitude or Whiterun and suddenly find that there is a new leader in town.

It's great for the player who wants to screw around but it doesn't maintain any sense of tension, doesn't really maintain the narrative in a compelling way as there is no rush, no real sense of danger. Unless of course the player chooses to take everything as seriously as the game says it is.

Dark Messiah was awesome (with some issues here and there and now you are making me want to reinstall it) but it was pretty much "on rails." Maybe more of "go to this map, do some things that allow you to move on to the next map" but it's still a linear experience.

But awesome! B)
    SabracOctagon7711

• SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Sovrath said:

Dark Messiah was awesome (with some issues here and there and now you are making me want to reinstall it) but it was pretty much "on rails." Maybe more of "go to this map, do some things that allow you to move on to the next map" but it's still a linear experience.

But awesome! B)
    Agreed. I wish Arkane studios makes a game like Dark Messiah again, those people really know how to craft interesting gameplay mechanics (freezing the floor and seeing my enemies slipping on the ice never gets old :D)

Dishonored games were good but i would like something more varied like Messiah.
    Octagon7711
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited June 2019

Tiller said:

I bet the maps look like a straight line. Will anyone actually make an open world Star Wars game again?

If CDPR makes it, SW open world would be glorious. :D