Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Astellia Review

BobVaBobVa Member UncommonPosts: 125
Sorry, "review".

This game is so bad, that it makes Bless Online looks fantastic. The movement, the combat animations are very, very bad. Graphics are ..well, just bad! Made it to level .. 7? as an Assassin and didn't like it. Then I said : Let me try the Warrior ( maybe is me ). Yea .. no! Is not me .. is the game.

So yeah, final score : Bad

PS: I heard it will be B2P? If is true, then it will go down the road faster then Bless Online. 
PKrauserDMKanoXarkoSlyLoK

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 2,687
    Is it bad that I really want to try it now?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • BobVaBobVa Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Thinking about Astellia is bad. Wanting to try it out is bad.

Everything is bad about Astellia. Even my review is bad .. 
    Xarko
  • PKrauserPKrauser Member UncommonPosts: 11
    BobVa said:
    Sorry, "review".

This game is so bad, that it makes Bless Online looks fantastic. The movement, the combat animations are very, very bad. Graphics are ..well, just bad! Made it to level .. 7? as an Assassin and didn't like it. Then I said : Let me try the Warrior ( maybe is me ). Yea .. no! Is not me .. is the game.

So yeah, final score : Bad

PS: I heard it will be B2P? If is true, then it will go down the road faster then Bless Online. 
    lmao, i feel the same... tried archer and wizard then uninstalled.
    Will be even worse than bless release, because at least bless didn't had cbt's so everyone was hyped with their "new mechanics promises".

Thank you for the cbt key mmorpg.com! Saved some money and time.

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,648
    edited June 25
    What did I tell you guys..... the game sucks.

Glad to see people see it first hand finally.

No matter how many pre-release warning posts I made - none of that matters - people playing it for themselves - that's the real eye opener.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 695
    edited June 25
    Level 8 Mage atm. Graphics and performance is better than I expected. Town, forest and armor all look nice. The running animations and movement for mage is too slow, didn't notice other problems.
    The quest/story and combat are a bit traditional and boring. It would have been nice if you could make a non-loli mage.
    edited June 25
    Nasa said:
    Didn't notice any bad animations.

You haven't got a horse yet? 

You haven't noticed in the "waking up scene" at the beginning of the game that your character is barefoot waking in invisible heels? Did they cut that part out from western release?

Here - look at 2:07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdplFdqZFYo

2:19 - running/walking on invisible heels - because they only animated every female character in high heels.

Also notice how she is "floating" above the floor ... I wonder why that is - lol

hehe - ok ;)
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 695
    The tutorial have changed. You start fully dressed. The first NPCs are closer this time.
    edited June 25
    Nasa said:
    The tutorial have changed. You start fully dressed. The first NPCs are closer this time.

I guess butt cheeks were too much for the western players - or they just wanted to hide the dumb floating barefoot invisible high heels crap.

I just remember smh when I first played it - like - who the F walks like that barefoot?

I should have known that it wasn't gonna be good - but foolishly I kept playing that it would get better - 30+ levels later, nope. 

Was so wrong, should have stopped and uninstalled right at the beginning.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,319
    edited June 25
    I'll with-hold some harsh criticisms of the game until I see more 'credible' posters chime in on how things currently are.

That's by no means say I believed the game would be good though, especially with all the downloader issues people are complaining about on the game's official forums, like slow download speeds and the entire thing needing to be re-downloaded if you close the launcher/get disconnected during the patching process. Even from the launcher look alone and the need to have Dx9 just told me the game was about a decade too old.

The only real good thing about all of this so far is that they gave out a lot of free cbt keys (probably because they didn't get that many buying the 100$ back), so those with 'faith' can at least try before they buy. Then again, they'll probably just harp about how this is just the old build of the game being tested and not the actual one meant for the western market.....
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 2,891
    edited June 25
    Can't get in game,  I keep getting, "Request failed with status code 403".  I get that trying to log in the website too was working fine yesterday.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

case: Coolermaster HAF932
    PSU: Antec EA 750watt
    RAM: 4x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
    GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
    cooling: Noctua NH-D14
    storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, samsung evo 860 500gb SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Error code 403 enough said :/
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 2,891
    edited June 25
    Made it in.

Welp graphics are sucky and don't look good IMO.  I would say gw2 looks better.

Combat is really cluncky

Movement is meh  need to use w/s to move forwards/backwards  and a,d to strafe left or right.  You can alternately hold down both mouse button to run forwards, helloo carpel tunnel, but there seem to be no action combat. 

I prefer being able to lock down the cam so you press w or s to move forwards or backwards and use the mouse to control where you are looking running to.

People right now are 50/50, just like it was in Bless Online about the game failing while others just like it and are making excuses for it.

I think it will fail, frankly I thought Bless Online was better than this game.

I put everything on max to try and improve the graphics, it helped a little but ground textures still look "flat" in some places....

After playing a little more I think this game is going to be bot heaven the way combat plays out...lol

Post edited by Asm0deus on

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

case: Coolermaster HAF932
    PSU: Antec EA 750watt
    RAM: 4x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
    GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
    cooling: Noctua NH-D14
    storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, samsung evo 860 500gb SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD