Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What have been your saddest MMO shut down(s)? (ignoring private servers if they exist)

13»

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Vanguard was the game that should've been great, but never really got there.....FOr some reason it always ran poorly on my rig, no matter which PC I used.
    [Deleted User]Adamantine
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    Aeander said:
    Star Wars Galaxies. Not because I actually care about it at all, but because it unleashed an army of really jaded people onto forums everywhere.
    Big yikes
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    edited June 2019
    Marvel Heroes - I know.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    Marvel Heroes - I know.
    You know, I hadn't actually considered that one because it isn't what I'd traditionally consider a MMO. But I do miss it. Hoping MUA3 will fill that void.
    Tillerwingood
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Altis gate , man that game remind me of legend of mana on ps1. until today I still want it to be release, i heard its only in china

• immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    Aeander said:
    Star Wars Galaxies. Not because I actually care about it at all, but because it unleashed an army of really jaded people onto forums everywhere.
    Let’s be real, a huge portion of the Star Wars “fanbase” has been jaded since the first prequel movie. 
  • timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Tabula Rasa for sure. It had so much potential and i had great fun in it while it was alive.
    Palebane
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    edited July 2019
    Vanguard is the only one. Only played for about a month before it shut down, going thru the starter island and beyond it was obvious Sony didn't have a fecking clue how to run a F2P game, but then hit the real world and regret not being able to spend time getting to explore that world before it shut down.

To think we have to make do with hollow shells like Bless, Revelation and Black Desert (graphics aside) just shows how much the genre has declined quality wise.
    Adamantine
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Well, that would be

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

Played it for seven years. Had all six crafter classes near level 50. Had two accounts with maximum number of slots. Had so many more plans. Had so many more characters.

Ever since I'm MMO-homeless :'(
  • NarugNarug Member UncommonPosts: 756
    For me it's Asheron's Call 2

I started MMOs in a game that was a bridge between the old school and newer....flashier....

Well now that bridge has been cut out from under me.

I left my reminder on my avatar and signature for the grief is still to near.

I play other MMOs time from time but I'm mostly playing single player games now.

To think, I started playing it on a whim to try a Turbine game as the upcoming Lord of the Rings Online held my interest back then.

Perhaps it's best I'm really too busy in real life to play MMOs.

My hope from the destruction of my homeland is for fantasy MMOs to have more diversity instead of pigeon holding into elves (yuck!) and orcs. (dwarves are excellent though :) )

AC2 Player RIP Final Death Jan 31st 2017

Refugee of Auberean

Refugee of Dereth

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    All the games that I was sad to see go, had actually changed before shutting down and had already lost what made them special. COH, Loved it before COV, not after. SWG.....yeah, that game "shut down" (for me) after NGE. Many games I enjoyed have been closed, however, none closed at the point where I was still enjoying them.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I'll cry when LOTRO closes.

Misting up just thinking about it.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    For me Asherons Call, it was like a part of me was ripped out when they shut it down. i had played and subed to that game since 1999.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    SWG. I never got to play it. If they ever shut EQ down, I will miss my annual jaunts through Antonica and Kunark

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    Darkfall online. "We aren't diverting resources to a Darkfall 2 game" - Tasos, after a 2 year patch dry spell.
    Seelinnikoi

MurderHerd

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Phixion13 said:
    Wildstar - so much potential. Best raids I have ever had the privilege to play.
    Same, and I loved the graphics and the silly humour too.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    edited July 2019
    Darkfall online. "We aren't diverting resources to a Darkfall 2 game" - Tasos, after a 2 year patch dry spell.

We got Tasos'ed bro. I feel ya!
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    The orginal Horizon that never was.  The game that came out was nothing like it was supposed to be.  Birth the jaded and skeptical of any game with tons of promises.
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
     Is Wildstar the new Chuck Norris?
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    WarWitch said:
    SWG we told the devs sent in a petition with over 1 mill sigs they would not listen. Now they are gone.
    Yup! By far one of the most wasted IP's. Was a great game (it did need some love, no argument) that was wasted by "fixing" it to death. Such a shame, we will probably not see that IP realized in that way again. Truly sad.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.