Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mouth Gaping

SO when I last played I had a high level character with an apartment . #gone
I had several unlocks through progression like codex ect. #gone
I tried to make a charater with two names #Cant
I was limited to general chat on the starting area
Once leaving the starting area, there is no chat channel for f2p player #MouthGaping
Current level is 70 , f2p 50 #forReal
Canteen store = astronomical pricing, it is by far the most ignorant and assinine attempt  that preternds to be cash shop
Gear locks / Pet locks / content locks / and much much more that is simply locked. 

THe fact that one can't even communicate in this game to other players is one of the most astronomically ignorant things I have ever seen in a f2p mmorpg. I would put this game in the same crap piles as game like Chaos Thorn,(Throne) Greed Monger and ect. Complete and total disregard to the value of a dollar and one of the greatest accomplishments in pure micro-transactio ignorance. 

Never in my life have I seen such pile of crap calling itself "f2p", they should be sued.
There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
parrotpholkvitorio16Asm0deusDarkpigeonViper482bartoni33Azaron_NightbladefoppoteeGdemamisumdumguy1and 2 others.

Comments

• moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 285
    They should be sued?  Wow, you know you can just uninstall the game right?  They don't have a gun to your head making you play the game.

F2P is definitely not worth the time.  If you want to play the game and enjoy it, you should probably sub to it.
    vitorio16klash2deffoppoteePhryNepheth
  • Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 1,120
    moshra said:
    They should be sued?  Wow, you know you can just uninstall the game right?  They don't have a gun to your head making you play the game.

F2P is definitely not worth the time.  If you want to play the game and enjoy it, you should probably sub to it.
    I don't sub to garbage.
    Ppipervitorio16DarkpigeonRich84Viper482klash2deffoppoteesumdumguy1RoinXarkoand 1 other.
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member RarePosts: 1,068
    I'm super glad you decided to share your disgust. Goes quite well with the daily feed of angry tweets.
    vitorio16foppoteeGdemami
    When I pay into a game, i look at core of the f2p model :

Does it support a fun gaming experience for all players ?
    Is their inclusion in content for f2p from level 1 to end level ?
    How restrictive is the title for free to play patrons ?
    Does the f2p exlude free players in more then 2 ways ? 

The answers for swtor : 
    No
    No
    Very Restrictive
    yes. 

Lets look at those question for Tera online 
    Yes
    Yes
    Not restrictive 
    no

Rift : 
    yes
    yes
    little
    no

Age of Conan : 
    yes
    yes
    very little
    yes

ect. ect. rct

For me to subscribe or even think of buying something from the cash shop, I make sure the title is fair and balanced for all players, swtor is by far the most disgusting use of the term "F2P" they should be sued for using that as a gimmick to attract victims.
    Gdemami
  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    Once leaving the starting area, there is no chat channel for f2p player #MouthGaping
    Canteen store = astronomical pricing, it is by far the most ignorant and assinine attempt  that preternds to be cash shop
    Gear locks / Pet locks / content locks / and much much more that is simply locked. 

THe fact that one can't even communicate in this game to other players is one of the most astronomically ignorant things I have ever seen in a f2p mmorpg. I would put this game in the same crap piles as game like Chaos Thorn,(Throne) Greed Monger and ect. Complete and total disregard to the value of a dollar and one of the greatest accomplishments in pure micro-transactio ignorance. 

Never in my life have I seen such pile of crap calling itself "f2p", they should be sued.

I'm sorry you dont like what was available for free.If you dont like it, move along. There are other games.
    I hope you find something you enjoy.

I am curious how you lost your stronghold. That's what the player owned structures are called.
    If you don't mind could you explain how your stronghold vanished?

If you once paid any amount of cash, for a months sub or a 5 dollar store purchase you would be preferred and not f2p. Preferred has several advantages f2p does not.

Personally I hate f2p with a burning passion and wish the genre had stayed firmly in the sub only lane.
    It, however, hasn't and there is little chance of it reversing course.
    moshraViper482klash2deffoppotee
    edited June 23
    and cutting off someones voice in a game chat world of a "MMORPG" is bigoted mentality of the have and have nots. It infuriates me in so many levels , it almost feels EA and Bioware are "racist" (ideologically, not generally)  in how they treat their audience..  it is digusting.
    RexKushmanklash2deffoppoteeGdemami
    edited June 23
    Thourne said:

I am curious how you lost your stronghold. That's what the player owned structures are called.
    If you don't mind could you explain how your stronghold vanished?

with over 100 items in it, I played for a while when the stronghold came out, I was really digging it, and they allowed people to use the chat channels back then as well. 

I haven't complained about a game in a while, and this one hit all the nerves. I can't stand bigoted prejudices. 
    RexKushmanfoppoteeGdemami
    and cutting off someones voice in a game chat world of a "MMORPG" is bigoted mentality of the have and have nots. It infuriates me in so many levels , it almost feels EA and Bioware are "racist" (ideologically, not generally)  in how they treat their audience..  it is digusting.

Actually, it is done to silence the unending amount of gold spamming that otherwise would occur.
    Azaron_Nightbladefoppoteek61977PhryKyleran
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 231
    While i liked the Game and played to to max levels, what do you expect from EA f2p? come on now......
    PalebanerodingofoppoteePhry
    When I pay into a game, i look at core of the f2p model :

Does it support a fun gaming experience for all players ?
    Is their inclusion in content for f2p from level 1 to end level ?
    How restrictive is the title for free to play patrons ?
    Does the f2p exlude free players in more then 2 ways ? 

The answers for swtor : 
    No
    No
    Very Restrictive
    yes. 

Lets look at those question for Tera online 
    Yes
    Yes
    Not restrictive 
    no

Rift : 
    yes
    yes
    little
    no

Age of Conan : 
    yes
    yes
    very little
    yes

ect. ect. rct

For me to subscribe or even think of buying something from the cash shop, I make sure the title is fair and balanced for all players, swtor is by far the most disgusting use of the term "F2P" they should be sued for using that as a gimmick to attract victims.

Oh, how noble of you.  

Under what basis would you sue them?  Are there guidelines set by the government that they need to adhere to in order to classify the game as F2P?  Until then, suing them is a huge waste of time and money.  

You're being awful dramatic.

I would bet that most of the people that frequent these forums are aware of the current state of SWTOR, the game is 1000 years old.  Also, the very same talking points have been brought up multiple times in this very forum.  

Not many people will defend the game in it's F2P state.  However, the game may be worth a go if you subscribe to it.
    gunklackerThournefoppoteePhry
    edited June 23
    moshra said:
    have a great life #blocked
    moshrafoppoteeKyleran
    edited June 23
    Thourne said:

Actually, it is done to silence the unending amount of gold spamming that otherwise would occur.
    LOL Weird how lazy that sounds .. isn't it... // instead of shutting down IP address of gold farmers, let's make the entire game community suffere, since it is subscrbers buying gold... #UNREALIGNORANCE

What weould f2p have to gain from buying gold ? 0 , nothing, nada.

Just another notching on the belt of ignorance 
    Gdemamik61977Phry
    Thourne said:

LOL Weird how lazy that sounds .. isn't it... // instead of shutting down IP address of gold farmers, let's make the entire game community suffere, since it is subscrbers buying gold... #UNREALIGNORANCE

What weould f2p have to gain from buying gold ? 0 , nothing, nada.

Just another notching on the ignorance scale.

Actually, it is much harder to code in a solid way to block urls from chat. Simply adding spaces bypasses most filtering.And dynamic IPs or VPNs gets you past the IP blocks in seconds.

It appears as though you are hear to rant and/or lack the ability to think critically.
    So, rant on!
    I'm out.
    moshrafoppoteek61977Phry
    edited June 23
    Did you just say moderating ip scans on a specific users account is "hard" because of VPN's/ Are we in the 21st century or the 20th century. 

Weird how only swtor had to shut down the chat system when no other mmorpg in the 20th or 21st century had too. Again  lazy . THank you for the confirmation. 
    GdemamiPhry
    Started taking a shot evertytimne the OP used a variant of the word ignorant.  Feeling pretty buzzed at this point.

ThourneRich84GruntyAzaron_NightbladeSolar_Prophetfoppotee
    What is really annoying is if you are free to play player in the newb land having a fun , fighting along with some new friends , and you are like I will purchase this 20 dollar item, then you get to the main land and you can't even talk to anyone ? Just grotesque ignorant bull crap .
    Gdemami
    moshra said:
    Started taking a shot evertytimne the OP used a variant of the word ignorant.  Feeling pretty buzzed at this point.

and that is how to make lemonade :)
    moshraAzaron_NightbladefoppoteePhry
    edited June 24
    THink what is even more substanctual, Funcom are by far leaps and bounds over EA and Bioware in the realm of f2p models, and if anyone seen my funcom posts, you should know that is hard for me to type. 
    Gdemami
    edited June 24
    So apparently it has been like this for 2 years 

"
    04.26.2017 , 12:23 PM | #1

I'm posting this for the F2P players since they cannot post here. There seems to be an issue with the chat for F2P that prevents them from using any form of chat even whispers unless they are whispered first."

This is by are the most disgusting thing I've ever seen an mmorpg do, it takes top spot over Funcoms "card on" fiasco and having  no chat going on for over 2 years ? it is the biggest fubar in mmorpg history.
    Gdemami
  • VutarVutar Member UncommonPosts: 916
    If you are ever feeling down on yourself, listen to a F2P player exude entitlement and you will quickly realize there are a whole lot of people in the world less intelligent then you are.
    bentrimViper482Azaron_Nightblade
    My account is 7 years old,  but not prefferred ? Fubar.
  • Rich84Rich84 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Don't waste your time imo. Its always had the worst f2p system.

Anyone that wanted an mmo left swtor years ago. The only ppl still playing are diehard SW fans playing dressup jedi imo.

Without the SW brand it would have died quicker than Wildstar or maybe even bless lol. I can't believe people still sub and spend in the cash shop.
    Prime_Directive
  • Viper482Viper482 Member EpicPosts: 2,633
    edited June 24

It's a bad f2p model, more of a demo. But sue them for it? Absurd. If you want to enjoy the full game pay the full price, typically how this service thing works....

And holy crap, get all your thoughts out in one post. 
    Prime_DirectivemoshraMadFrenchie
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    edited June 24
    Viper482 said:

It's a bad f2p model, more of a demo. But sue them for it? Absurd. If you want to enjoy the full game pay the full price, typically how this service thing works....

And holy crap, get all your thoughts out in one post. 
    THink there should be rules regulation for the term F2P set by the FCC / Like a certain % of content is required , and certain features  included to be labeled f2p. 
    RexKushman
This discussion has been closed.