Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reviewer Hardware Requirements

Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 1,383
I think reviewers should have a set requirement for reviewing mmo's / games in a standardized setting.

Specifically at 1920x1080 resolution / desktop gpu / and over 8 gigs of ram 

Maybe have a cpu requirement like i5 < up / fx8350 < up

Seeing a review with screen captures at 1280 x 720 is a laptop, and should not be used for reviews.
There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.

Comments

• TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,017
    I think reviewers should have a set requirement for reviewing mmo's / games in a standardized setting.

Seeing a review with screen captures at 1280 x 720 is a laptop, and should not be used for reviews.
    picky picky

• MrJatobiMrJatobi Member UncommonPosts: 44

Most people screencap at 720 simple because it's less demanding on the game itself.  Doesn't mean they're playing at 720p.

Most streamers, for instance, stream a downscaled 1440p to a 720p to allow seamless playback on twitch, which has a bitrate cap of I think 5,000.

Therefore, some of the captures you may be seeing could be from a stream, or simply due to the nature of recording, editing, transcoding, and then uploading the file.

Or am I missing something?  Have examples?
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,017
    edited July 10
    MrJatobi said:

Most people screencap at 720 simple because it's less demanding on the game itself.  Doesn't mean they're playing at 720p.

Most streamers, for instance, stream a downscaled 1440p to a 720p to allow seamless playback on twitch, which has a bitrate cap of I think 5,000.

Therefore, some of the captures you may be seeing could be from a stream, or simply due to the nature of recording, editing, transcoding, and then uploading the file.

Or am I missing something?  Have examples?
    I'm kinda thinking he just wanted to complain about something on that day, or maybe it was just low blood sugar, hangry, lack of a Snickers Bar idk.

• hosterpakhosterpak Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    A very old post but on the topic , I also wanted to get good hardware for my games, Now I am in Dubai and driving a car rent from CT Rent a Car.