Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just scratched Cyberpunk 2077 off my list...

RhoklawRhoklaw Member LegendaryPosts: 7,294
I'm not going to create a definitive argument that will only degrade into a shit storm, but news broke out on something I'm just getting tired of. I'm all for game developers doing what they feel is right, but this is just not something I'll ever agree with. Good luck CD Projekt Red!

GdemamiTenohiraRain_DeathravenMaddog666darkwolfjayWalkinGlennJeffSpicoli

Comments

• ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Is it that penis thing? I am not saying your wrong in this situation but that stuff exists in the tabletop game. Its not something CD Project Red created. Its also not a real penis but an robotic one which is why it has so many ridges. 
    psychosiz1
    Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox One X)

Currently Reading: Skaven Slayer (Gotrek and Felix Book 2)

Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (3rd Draft)

Currently Watching: Oz (Season 4), Soprano's (Season 1)

• RhoklawRhoklaw Member LegendaryPosts: 7,294
    Arterius said:
    Is it that penis thing? I am not saying your wrong in this situation but that stuff exists in the tabletop game. Its not something CD Project Red created. Its also not a real penis but an robotic one which is why it has so many ridges. 
    Well, I've never played the tabletop version and so I was simply interested in Cyberpunk 2077 based off what was shown. As I said, it's their game and I support freedom of design, but hey, it's no longer a game for me.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,164
    Uh oh. Rhoklaw isn't going to buy Cyberpunk 2077!
    klash2defgunklacker
    Rhoklaw said:
    Arterius said:
    Well, I've never played the tabletop version and so I was simply interested in Cyberpunk 2077 based off what was shown. As I said, it's their game and I support freedom of design, but hey, it's no longer a game for me.
    That's fine like I said your not wrong on how you feel. I get people feeling that way and to be honest I was shocked that put that in there myself for the Video Game version. It was one of those things I did not see coming. You got to do what your comfortable with. You do you. I respect it. You will get no judgement here
    MrMelGibsonRhoklaw

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,057
    Why make a post if you won't state the basic reason? 
    Sovrathbartoni33Dagon13Quizzicalpsychosiz1GorweNephethRain_DeathravenWaanalkarionlogand 1 other.
    DMKano said:
    Umm what?
    In the tabletop version some women like get robotic penises. During the E3 demo they was a poster that someone saw. Someone was recording when they weren't supposed and caught a poster hanging on the side of a building of an energy drink. The woman has one of those robotic penises clearly visible in her one piece bikini.
    UngoodGdemami

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 28,953
    blamo2000 said:
    Absolutely agree.

Why call attention to it unless you want a discussion.

In any case I'm guessing it's the silly penis thing.
    bartoni33MrMelGibsonpsychosiz1MaggonalkarionlogmaskedweaselRhoklaw
    Nope, just like I don't buy games off Epic Store and just like I stopped watching the NFL. People boycott stuff all the time, so it surprises me that this surprises you.
    MrMelGibsonGdemamiTruvidien88mcd6993

blamo2000 said:
    Maybe because as soon as someone speaks their mind on this website, it immediately turns into a shit storm, as I said in my original post. This site doesn't support freedom of speech, in case you're wondering.
    GdemamisgelSpottyGekkoPanther2103iamspamicusJeffSpicolimcd6993

Rhoklaw said:
    Nope, just like I don't buy games off Epic Store and just like I stopped watching the NFL. People boycott stuff all the time, so it surprises me that this surprises you.
    I'm not surprised. I don't care.

Whether you purchase some random videogame is one of the least interesting things I could imagine someone making a forum thread about.
    SBFordWaangunklacker
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    If my Ramboesqe manly man of a character cannot sport a vajajay then I'm out!

ALL SEX PARTS FOR ALL GENDERS right? Right....
    mcd6993

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,057
    What is this penis thing?  Anyone willing to give me a brief summation instead of making me wade through tons of nonsense to get simple information?
    blamo2000 said:
    What is this penis thing?  Anyone willing to give me a brief summation instead of making me wade through tons of nonsense to get simple information?
    I posted above
    blamo2000

Rhoklaw said:
    blamo2000 said:
    Maybe because as soon as someone speaks their mind on this website, it immediately turns into a shit storm, as I said in my original post. This site doesn't support freedom of speech, in case you're wondering.
    You of all people should know what freedom of speech actually means. come on, you're smarter than that.
    GdemamiSBFordOG_Zorvan
    blamo2000 said:
    https://kotaku.com/cyberpunk-2077-artist-says-controversial-in-game-image-1835459949
    blamo2000
    edited June 2019
    Rhoklaw said:

Whether you purchase some random videogame is one of the least interesting things I could imagine someone making a forum thread about.
    Again, this is obviously over your comprehension level. People post reviews on this site all the time and now you're surprised to hear a review from someone before a game's released? Sorry I don't live up to your editorial standards of gaming 101.
    Gdemami

Rhoklaw said:
    blamo2000 said:
    were also not stupid. We know what you are trying to say either way. Its like I said you do you but you also said that you are boycotting the NFL. So I am guessing what you mean is that your not for sex changes and all that. I mean it doesn't take rocket science to put it together or at least come to that conclusion. 

If I am right we may have two diffrent thoughts on the matter but as I said you have no judgement from me. People have different PoV. Sorry you can't feel like you can't speak your mind. That sucks.
    Temp0

DMKano said:
    Arterius said:
    DMKano said:
    Umm what?
    In the tabletop version some women like get robotic penises. During the E3 demo they was a poster that someone saw. Someone was recording when they weren't supposed and caught a poster hanging on the side of a building of an energy drink. The woman has one of those robotic penises clearly visible in her one piece bikini.

Oh I know - I am just saying umm what to anyone who would miss out on a possibly great game because of a penis poster?

People get triggered by silliest of things.

The more options humans have to change their bodies the more sexually ambiguous the world will get.

This is inevitable - with freedom to alter our body, forget about anything traditional period.

You cannot control freedom of what people will do with their bodies given a chance to modify them as they wish.

Well, I'd love to get into that debate with you Kano, but alas, doing so here would probably get me banned.
    bartoni33

edited June 2019
    Rhoklaw said:
    Rhoklaw said:

Again, this is obviously over your comprehension level. People post reviews on this site all the time and now you're surprised to hear a review from someone before a game's released? Sorry I don't live up to your editorial standards of gaming 101.
    You call that a review? Do you even know the definition of review?

"you're surprised to hear a review from someone before a game's released?"

Yes, I'm VERY surprised since REVIEWS come AFTER you actually REVIEW something.

Your post said that you don't want to talk about why you don't want to play a game, just that you don't want to play it. It looks like some stupid attention seeking thread about how we should care about whether or not you buy a videogame. No one really does tbh.

OBVIOUSLY my comprehension level is the problem here.

NephethMaddog666
  • RobokappRobokapp Member RarePosts: 6,211
    Arterius said:
    is there really a penis? 

Sovrath said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    blamo2000 said:
    You of all people should know what freedom of speech actually means. come on, you're smarter than that.
    I do know what freedom of speech is and this site does not support it. In fact, this thread probably goes against their skewed version of it. I mean we all know, we can't talk politics, religion or anything else because heaven forbid, someone gets offended. Instead we restrict speech to save us from dealing with reality, right?
    GdemamiTemp0

Robokapp said:
    Arterius said:
    is there really a penis? 
    Yes a robotic one that woman got implanted

• RobokappRobokapp Member RarePosts: 6,211
    Arterius said:
    Robokapp said:
    Arterius said:
    is there really a penis? 
    Yes a robotic one that woman got implanted
    so it's a woman penis...nice. 

Rhoklaw said:
    DMKano said:
    Arterius said:
    DMKano said:
    Umm what?

Oh I know - I am just saying umm what to anyone who would miss out on a possibly great game because of a penis poster?

People get triggered by silliest of things.

The more options humans have to change their bodies the more sexually ambiguous the world will get.

This is inevitable - with freedom to alter our body, forget about anything traditional period.

You cannot control freedom of what people will do with their bodies given a chance to modify them as they wish.

Well, I'd love to get into that debate with you Kano, but alas, doing so here would probably get me banned.
    No it wouldn't as long as you were respectful, didn't call people names, didn't insult people, etc.

But like I said, all you had to do was note that the game contained imagery that you didn't like and not post on a forum. But you did and that invites discussion.

But you know, the game seems meant to be edgy and "envelope pushing" so it's not a surprise it would have "envelope pushing/edgey images."

ArteriusRhoklawAzothSBFord
    Rhoklaw said:
    Rhoklaw said:

You call that a review? Do you even know the definition of review?

"you're surprised to hear a review from someone before a game's released?"

Yes, I'm VERY surprised since REVIEWS come AFTER you actually REVIEW something.

Your post said that you don't want to talk about why you don't want to play a game, just that you don't want to play it. It looks like some stupid attention seeking thread about how we should care about whether or not you buy a videogame. No one really does tbh.

OBVIOUSLY my comprehension level is the problem here.

Ok, than feel free to exit the discussion.

This discussion has been closed.