Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

20 mins of Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 Gameplay (IGN)

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 3,853
    cool ty

Arterius
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,826
    edited June 12
    I like the idea of this game more than I am liking the game itself. The combat just does not do it for me. It seems loose and sloppy. There is still time to tighten it up but knowing the guys over at Hardsuit, combat is not their strength unless it is a shooter. (Sorry Kai'ai) 
     I mean if the story is good I guess it will not matter as much. With Brian, Cara and Chris writing it the story should be well done. Vampyr was the same way for me and I did like that game despite the combat just being ok. 
    Post edited by blueturtle13 on
    ArteriusIselinOctagon7711ConstantineMerus

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,228
    The combat looks bad in 1st person - it's like a 3rd person game that was forced to be played in 1st person view with cam going all over the place and the target going in and out of frame?

Wtf?
    ArteriusTezcatlapoccaIselinConstantineMerusbartoni33
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I thought you guys were exaggerating, but that combat is pure hind parts. Sheesh.
    Arterius
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TezcatlapoccaTezcatlapocca Member UncommonPosts: 12
    As it stands right now after watching this, the $130 price tag ( for the Blood Moon Edition ) doesn't seem to fit the gameplay. I really hope it gets the love it needs as there are so many VTM fans out there.
    Arterius

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 3,853
    The lip sync seems off as well and animations stiff, that girl that sent him after slug could be reskinned as a robot.
    Arterius
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,928
    I sure hope that was just an exceptionally bad player who couldn't target worth a shit because that looked awful and annoying... disappointing. 
    bartoni33
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    The combat was a weak point of the first, so if it's merely a marginal improvement over the first when the game releases, it'll do okay.

It needs to be at least marginally improved, though. :D 
    Arterius

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 2,947
    Looking forward to this game but I do hope they do fix this lip syncing thing as it did seem a little off.

The combat seemed a little wierd too, not sure I liked how the cam moved out of 1st person at some point...seems awkward.

Dunno but maybe allowing us to scoll back the view to a 3rd person view might be a nice option.
    bartoni33

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

case: Coolermaster HAF932
    PSU: Antec EA 750watt
    RAM: 4x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
    GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
    cooling: Noctua NH-D14
    storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, samsung evo 860 500gb SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,101
     :/

Some of you guys are so jaded. Game looks fine. Combat is certainly better than the original.

ConstantineMerus

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,691
    Sovrath said:
     :/

Some of you guys are so jaded. Game looks fine. Combat is certainly better than the original.

You're right about that. And not just the combat, the physics were horrible altogether. I don't think any game had a more awkward jump compared to the original 
    Sovrath
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: Blackfield by Blackfield from Blackfield (2005)
    • Currently Playing: Devil May Cry 1
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro.
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 1,904
    Rewatching the gameplay I don't think it looks to bad for AA game... I doubt this game has that high of a budget considering the first game is a more of cult hit and Paradox doesn't make AAA games to begin with
    Octagon7711MadFrenchie
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,843
    Not bad for a pre-alpha state mission. Will have to wait and see.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,826
    edited June 12
    Arterius said:
    Rewatching the gameplay I don't think it looks to bad for AA game... I doubt this game has that high of a budget considering the first game is a more of cult hit and Paradox doesn't make AAA games to begin with
    They don't fund AAA budgets for sure but they can. Battletech is a big money maker for them.
    Hearts of Iron have sold millions. (HoI IV sold over a million alone) 
     As does the AoW series.(Age of Wonders)
     Their budget for Planetfall is the highest they have ever spent. They make serious money on that series.  
    Of course it helps to drip feed content in the form of over priced DLC every few weeks ad nauseam for almost every title they release. 

Arterius

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,351
    Iselin said:
    I sure hope that was just an exceptionally bad player who couldn't target worth a shit because that looked awful and annoying... disappointing. 
    The player couldn't be bothered to use thumb sticks to move the camera most of the time, clearly didn't know how to use a controller.

PCWorld has a video that show the start played by someone else but it switch to the IGN version once it reach the Jungle and most of the combat.
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,025
    As I said when I saw gameplay video of the new SW game I am automatically wary of any PC game that is demoed using a controller. Their has to be a reason why they use an inferior input mode to show off their game. It usually is because it is a shitty port. As @Iselin said the whole gameplay looked clumsy because of the god awful use of a controller.

Also it reallllly needs a 3rd person mode bad.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 5,832
    I love the idea of these games. And this one looks especially great. But they bring out the OCD in me. Did you see how that guy spawned in that initial room full of stuff and breezed on past it without checking ANYTHING? I can't do that. I have to read/touch every blessed thing in sight. Or else someone will say later "hey Amathe did you click on the deck of cards on the end table? It gives you ___ which you can never go back and get again." And then I will scream.

MadFrenchie

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    I love the idea of these games. And this one looks especially great. But they bring out the OCD in me. Did you see how that guy spawned in that initial room full of stuff and breezed on past it without checking ANYTHING?

I'd assume a video where the player checks every box and deck of cards isn't that exciting a video for those watching it.
    azarhal

Amathe said:
    I love the idea of these games. And this one looks especially great. But they bring out the OCD in me. Did you see how that guy spawned in that initial room full of stuff and breezed on past it without checking ANYTHING? I can't do that. I have to read/touch every blessed thing in sight. Or else someone will say later "hey Amathe did you click on the deck of cards on the end table? It gives you ___ which you can never go back and get again." And then I will scream.

They were given 20 minutes to do the quest, not much time to explore and take your time.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 5,832
    And I'm not throwing shade on the game. The game looks great. Just my personal oddities.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    And I'm not throwing shade on the game. The game looks great. Just my personal oddities.
    lol no I wasn't suggesting you were and of course it would be your right to do so if you didn't like something (even though "some" people seem a bit Jaded  B) )

However, just imagining the game play video where someone opens up/clicks on everything in every room.

It would be like those Youtube videos where someone is streaming how to do a quest but they stop at every little thing. Can't stand those guys.

Sovrath said:
    Amathe said:
    lol no I wasn't suggesting you were and of course it would be your right to do so if you didn't like something (even though "some" people seem a bit Jaded  B) )

However, just imagining the game play video where someone opens up/clicks on everything in every room.

It would be like those Youtube videos where someone is streaming how to do a quest but they stop at every little thing. Can't stand those guys.
    Stop at every little things and read every piece of text in the game because their viewers clearly can't read.

Can you imagine that 20 minutes demo with the person playing reading all the dialogues options?

By the way, gamespot released a better one with different choices: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybopB0_4Abk

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,283
    edited June 12
    Got to agree that the combat looks bad. I hope it improves before release but I don't think it would completely ruin it. I mean, I enjoyed ELEX and the combat was awful. A new vampire RPG with mediocre combat is better than not having one at all.
    MadFrenchie
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,465
    Seems to purposely avoid most npc's,like they are meaningless in the world.So what happens if you don't take on the chore asked by the first lady,then what do you do?
    It seems ok only if there is more interaction outside the linked npc's to linked quests and how much fun are the quests,go find person A then again for person B etc etc,that would get boring real fast.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    Seems to purposely avoid most npc's,like they are meaningless in the world.So what happens if you don't take on the chore asked by the first lady,then what do you do?
    It seems ok only if there is more interaction outside the linked npc's to linked quests and how much fun are the quests,go find person A then again for person B etc etc,that would get boring real fast.
    It will probably play exactly like the first one. So there is a main quest and then little side quests.
    Octagon7711