Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Build me a computer contest, win $50 steam code

CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,478
edited June 11 in Hardware
Hey guys, 

I was looking to buy a new computer and I have money to burn (not really, i just lost 60k on a business deal) but 2k won't break the bank for me. I'm such a noob in building computers, so I'll ask for help here. Basically, configure it on some website, send me link, and i'll buy it from there. 

I want to game and stream. I also have a gaming laptop, so I guess i can stream from one computer and game on the other one. So keep that in mind. 

I want you guys to build me a computer for $1,800 to $2,400 total with USA taxes. I already have monitor, keyboard, camera, microphone, and mouse. 

I'm not sure if i want it to have upgrade capability because i'm such a noob and don't trust myself in this stuff.

My specifications:
$500ish graphics card (prefer Nvidia brand)
Intel chip
16 gb ram
500 to 1000 gigabyte SSD (prefer samsung brand)
Don't need a non-SSD drive for storage, just an SSD drive to play games. 
Must have wireless capability (i'm such a noob, i assume it is standard but not sure when i went to configure)
Good power supply - i don't want restarts cuz it overheats
cooling stuff
Windows 10
stock speakers (use headphones)
Don't care about any other games or anti-virus
Case must have connections to run dual or triple monitors. Thanks. 

Bonuses:
See through case
bluish lightning to go along with my Cryomatrix Twitch theme
bluish braided cables 

Scoring Criteria:
1) Price (2 points inversely proportional to price/100 . . . hence $1800 is 8 pts, $1900 is 6 pts, $2000 is 4 pts, $2100 is 2 pts, $2200 is 0 pts, $2300 is -2 pts. 
2) Reliability (tough to know) but if it has crappy reviews, the -10, or decent reviews then zero, or great reviews then +4
3) Performance (You'd have to tell me about this with MHZ or something, but 0 to 12 pts based on performance
4) Bonus features (+1 pt per bonus feature)

Maximum scoring:
8  + 4 + 12 + 3 = 27 pts

Minimum scoring
- 2 - 10 = -12 

Just link me the configuration on the website, i'll buy it, and give you a steam code for $50 bucks. If I return the computer, you keep the money. I apologize if what I say is not feasible, I tried to do it myself, which is fun, but i'd rather pay someone $50 and ensure i don't screw it up. 

Cryomatrix

Edited to change price to $1800 to $2400 (From 1500 to 2100) and increase contest to $50 steam card
Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
Post edited by Cryomatrix on

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 6,765
    It’s like I’m looking at a municipal bid package.

good luck with your RFP
    OzmodanConstantineMerusTorvalgervaise1
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 5,073
    I PM'd you a company I recommend (that made my computer). Lately though I am thinking my PM isn't working. Or maybe people think I am a douche and ignore my PMs. Hope not lol. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,560
    edited June 11
    que Quizzical

I have the guys in a PC shop about a mile from my house build me anew PC every 2 years , i always get topshelf at a fair price , and if something goes wrong they can easily come to my house or i can just drop it off to them in matter of minutes ..

Much better option IMO than ordering from online co. that will want you to go thru there hell and mail them the pc if something goes wrong being without for weeks sometimes and dealing with horrible customer service many times ..

So i would suggest finding alocal PC shop talk with the guys find soem that are advid gamers and know what they are doing ...worked out great for me 16 years now
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 20,702

500-1000 mg SSD (prefer samsung brand)
    don't need storage (Have other computer for that)
    I'm not sure what you meant to say there, but I don't think that's it.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,334
    Quizzical said:

500-1000 mg SSD (prefer samsung brand)
    don't need storage (Have other computer for that)
    I'm not sure what you meant to say there, but I don't think that's it.
    Going to guess 500 GB to 1 TB.
    Phry

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• Mars_OrbitalMars_Orbital Member RarePosts: 713
    edited June 11
    the intel chip will coast 1k , unless you want that very best money can buy which would be threadripper 2 .. so kind of a no brainer to choose the latest in technology instead a decade old relics...

32 cors 64 threads @ $1700usd

https://www.newegg.com/amd-ryzen-threadripper-2990wx/p/N82E16819113541

MSI Mobo @ 410usd
    https://www.newegg.com/msi-performance-gaming-x399-gaming-pro-carbon-ac/p/N82E16813144079

128 Gigs of DDR4 @ 1200usd

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-128gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232587

Antec PSU 160usd

https://www.newegg.com/antec-high-current-gamer-extreme-series-hcg1000-extreme-1000w/p/N82E16817371112?Item=N82E16817371112

5700 Graphics on the new Navi 7nm around 650 700 depending on venor sku.
    Radeon VII will be coming down in price soon because of NAvi. 

Case / hard drives / sky is the limit :) 

All of it has to be water cooled as well, so through another 500+ on that. 

for top of the line rig, in 2019 , looking about 4500 - 5500 usd
    Gdemami
    "Killed just about everything that walked or crawled at one time or another,and I'm here to kill you Little Bill, for what you did to Ned" - William Munny / Unforgiven .
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,478
    the intel chip will coast 1k , unless you want that very best money can buy which would be threadripper 2 .. so kind of a no brainer to choose the latest in technology instead a decade old relics...

Basically, 

put my price up $700 and get the threadripper and have an amazing computer for years instead of going with the old stuff? 

okay, 

well if you can add a threadripper in there and the price is $2,200 to $2,800, i'll see about getting it, it makes a lot of sense to do it if you think about it. 

Cryomatrix
    This is what I have so far:

Motherboard DisplayGeneral-
    CaseiBUYPOWER Case Builder - Aluminum-
    iBUYPOWER Elite Build PackageElite Build Package - Silver (Pro Wiring, Sleeved Cable - Choose a Color Below)-Black/Blue Cable
    Case FansDefault Case Fan-
    Case LightingNone-
    Side Panel - Component SideClear Tempered Glass Panel-
    iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise ReductionNone-
    Side Panel - Non Component SideSteel Panel with Airflow Vent-
    iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal ExpansionNone-
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9900KF Processor (8x 3.60GHz/16MB L3 Cache)-
    RGB: Select up to Four StripsTop-
    Fans: How Many?3-
    iBUYPOWER PowerDrivePowerDrive Level 2 - Up to 20% Overclocking-
    Processor CoolingNZXT Kraken M22 120mm Liquid Cooling System-
    Memory16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR4-3200 Memory Module-Corsair Vengeance-LPX
    Video CardNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 - 8GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready)-
    SLI BridgeNone-
    Game Bundle[FREE Game Bundle] - Total War: Three Kingdoms and More!-w/ Purchase of Intel Core i5-9400F / i7-9700F / i9-9900KF
    MotherboardGIGABYTE Z390 GAMING X -- RGB, Gb LAN, USB 3.1 (6 Rear, 2 Front), Advance Thermal Design-
    Power Supply750 Watt - Thermaltake Smart Series SP-750P - 80 PLUS Bronze-Free Upgrade to 750 Watt - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB - 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular
    Advance Cabling OptionsStandard Default Cables-
    M.2/PCI-E SSD Card500 GB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD -- Read: 3500MB/s; Write: 3200MB/s-
    Intel Optane Memory AcceleratorNone-
    Primary Hard Drive240 GB ADATA SU650 SSD -- Read: 520MB/s, Write: 450MB/s-Single Drive
    Data Hard Drive1 TB Hard Drive -- 32MB Cache, 7200RPM, 6.0Gb/s-Single Drive
    Optical DriveNone-
    Media Card Reader / Writer12-In-1 External USB Media Card Reader/Writer (SDHC supported)-
    Meter DisplayNone-
    Sound Card3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard-
    Network CardOnboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)-
    USB Expansion CardNone-
    Operating SystemWindows 10 Home + Office 365 Trial [FREE 30 Day Trial] w/ Windows Recovery USB-(64-bit)
    MonitorNone-
    KeyboardiBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Keyboard-
    MouseiBUYPOWER Gaming Optical Mouse-Multi-Color LED Lighting
    Speaker SystemNone-
    Advanced Build Options - Thermal PasteArctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste-Increase your cooling efficiency with upgraded thermal paste
    Case Engraving ServiceCustom Message - Max 35 characters (including spaces)-
    Warranty3 Year Standard Warranty Service-
    Rush ServiceStandard Service-Estimated Ship in 5-10 Business Days
    Subtotal* 2073.00
    (plus tax & shipping)

But they said my processor isn't compatible with my powerdrive options or something like that. 

Ozmodan
    edited June 11
    avoid IBUYPOWER...

You really should look into the advice i gave above you will likley get a stronger PC with better support and cust service
    RidelynnPhry
    edited June 11
    "Killed just about everything that walked or crawled at one time or another,and I'm here to kill you Little Bill, for what you did to Ned" - William Munny / Unforgiven .
    Limited Time OfferTODAY ONLY! $50 Off All Intel Powered Systems!!-
    CaseiBUYPOWER Snowblind Element Gaming Case - Black/White with LCD Side Panel-
    Case Fans3x [White] CORSAIR ML120 PRO Premium Magnetic Levitation 120mm White LED Fan-
    Case LightingSnowblind White LEDs-
    iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise ReductionNone-
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-7800X Processor (6x 3.50GHz/8.25MB L3 Cache)-
    iBUYPOWER PowerDriveNone-
    Processor CoolingENERMAX 120mm T40FIT CPU Cooler- White-White
    Memory16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-3000 Memory Module-G.SKILL Ripjaws V
    Video CardNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 - 8GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready)-Single Card
    Video Card Customized Back PlateWhite Video Card Back Plate-
    SLI BridgeNone-
    Game Bundle[Included Game Bundle] - Get Wolfenstein: Youngblood Born to Hunt Bundle-w/ Purchase of NVIDIA RTX Graphic Cards
    MotherboardASUS TUF X299 Mark 2 -- RGB, Gb LAN, USB 3.1 (4 Rear, 4 Front), ASUS Exclusive Features-
    Power Supply750 Watt - EVGA SuperNOVA 750 PQ - 80 PLUS Platinum, Semi Modular-(includes Sleeved Cables) [Limited Time: Free Upgrade to 850 Watt - EVGA 850 GQ - 80 PLUS Gold, Semi Modular]
    M.2/PCI-E SSD Card500 GB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD -- Read: 3500MB/s; Write: 3200MB/s-
    Intel Optane Memory AcceleratorNone-
    Primary Hard Drive500 GB WD Blue SSD -- Read: 545MB/s, Write: 525MB/s-Single Drive
    Data Hard DriveNone-
    Optical DriveASUS USB 2.0 External Slim CD/DVD Writer (White)-
    Media Card Reader / WriterNone-
    USB Expansion CardNone-
    Operating SystemWindows 10 Home + Office 365 Trial [FREE 30 Day Trial] w/ Windows Recovery USB-(64-bit)
    MonitorNone-
    Speaker SystemNone-
    Advanced Build Options - Thermal PasteArctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste-Increase your cooling efficiency with upgraded thermal paste
    Subtotal* 2410.00
    Ozmodan
    There isn't a PC shop around where i live. 

See, i don't know what i'm doing. 
    There isn't a PC shop around where i live. 

See, i don't know what i'm doing. 
    wow ... none thats strange ... nv/m then ... shrug

MSI Mobo @ 410usd
    https://www.newegg.com/msi-performance-gaming-x399-gaming-pro-carbon-ac/p/N82E16813144079

128 Gigs of DDR4 @ 1200usd

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-128gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232587

Antec PSU 160usd

https://www.newegg.com/antec-high-current-gamer-extreme-series-hcg1000-extreme-1000w/p/N82E16817371112?Item=N82E16817371112

5700 Graphics on the new Navi 7nm around 650 700 depending on venor sku.
    Radeon VII will be coming down in price soon because of NAvi. 

Case / hard drives / sky is the limit :) 

All of it has to be water cooled as well, so through another 500+ on that. 

for top of the line rig, in 2019 , looking about 4500 - 5500 usd
    This is the problem. I don't know what I'm doing. 

So knowing myself, i'd get the threadripper 32 cores and surround with incompatible crap and make a piece of crap of a computer. I'm not paying 4-5k for a top of the line computer. Just can't do that. 

it would be like getting a 600 hp engine in a car with rusted paint job and crap plastic interior. 
    Mars_Orbital
    Please keep a record of your unique configuration number. You can view the configuration below. Follow this link to edit or reconfigure this system:
    http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/AMD-Threadripper-Configurator/W/703343
    AMD Threadripper Configurator
    CaseNZXT H700 Tempered Glass Gaming Case - Matte White-
    iBUYPOWER Elite Build PackageElite Build Package - Silver (Pro Wiring, Sleeved Cable - Choose a Color Below)-Black/Blue Cable
    Case Fans3x [White] CORSAIR ML120 PRO Premium Magnetic Levitation 120mm White LED Fan-
    Case LightingiBUYPOWER RGB Lighting-[FREE] 1 RGB Lighting Strip
    iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise ReductionBasic - iBUYPOWER Harmony SRS Sound Reduction System - includes Silent Fans-Reduce System Noise
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X Processor (16x 3.5GHZ/32MB L3 Cache)-
    Processor CoolingNZXT Kraken X62 280mm Liquid Cooling System-comes with all fittings
    SLI BridgeNone-
    Game Bundle[Included Game Bundle] - Get Wolfenstein: Youngblood Born to Hunt Bundle-w/ Purchase of NVIDIA RTX Graphic Cards
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX X399-E Gaming -- RGB, 802.11AD WiFi, USB 3.1 (10 Rear, 4 Front), ROG Exclusive Features-
    Power Supply750 Watt - Thermaltake Smart Series SP-750P - 80 PLUS Bronze-Free Upgrade to 750 Watt - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB - 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular
    M.2/PCI-E SSD CardNone-
    Primary Hard Drive512 GB Samsung 860 PRO SSD -- Read: 560MB/s, Write: 530MB/s-Single Drive
    Data Hard DriveNone-
    Optical DriveASUS USB 2.0 External Slim CD/DVD Writer (Black)-
    Media Card Reader / Writer12-In-1 External USB Media Card Reader/Writer (SDHC supported)-
    Meter DisplayNone-
    USB Expansion CardNone-
    Operating SystemWindows 10 Home + Office 365 Trial [FREE 30 Day Trial]-(64-bit)
    MonitorNone-
    Speaker SystemNone-
    Subtotal* 2758.00
    OzmodanMars_Orbital
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 11,492
    You do not listen to anyone recommending you a Threadripper...

Just wait a month for new Ryzens to come out.
    dragonlee66MisterZebubOzmodan
    Please keep a record of your unique configuration number. You can view the configuration below. Follow this link to edit or reconfigure this system:
    http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/AMD-Threadripper-Configurator/W/703343
    AMD Threadripper Configurator
    CaseNZXT H700 Tempered Glass Gaming Case - Matte White-
    Case LightingiBUYPOWER RGB Lighting-[FREE] 1 RGB Lighting Strip
    iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise ReductionBasic - iBUYPOWER Harmony SRS Sound Reduction System - includes Silent Fans-Reduce System Noise
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X Processor (16x 3.5GHZ/32MB L3 Cache)-
    Processor CoolingNZXT Kraken X62 280mm Liquid Cooling System-comes with all fittings
    SLI BridgeNone-
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX X399-E Gaming -- RGB, 802.11AD WiFi, USB 3.1 (10 Rear, 4 Front), ROG Exclusive Features-
    M.2/PCI-E SSD CardNone-
    Primary Hard Drive512 GB Samsung 860 PRO SSD -- Read: 560MB/s, Write: 530MB/s-Single Drive
    Data Hard DriveNone-
    Optical DriveASUS USB 2.0 External Slim CD/DVD Writer (Black)-
    Meter DisplayNone-
    USB Expansion CardNone-
    Operating SystemWindows 10 Home + Office 365 Trial [FREE 30 Day Trial]-(64-bit)
    MonitorNone-
    Speaker SystemNone-
    Subtotal* 2758.00
    does it have a warranty ? 
    Threadripper 2.Gdemami said:

Threadripper 2 , is still the best processor in the world. regaurdless of ryzen 7
    Gdemami
    Case : MILLENNIUM Chassis 
    Side Panels : Tempered Glass-Tempered Glass 
    Exterior Color : ORIGIN PC Blue 
    Interior Color : Origin PC White 
    Interior Lighting : ORIGIN PC RGB Lighting w/ RF Remote and Motherboard Control 
    Current Special Offer : Gift an Upgrade to Dads and Grads 
    Variable Mounting : Standard Orientation 
    Processors : AMD RYZEN 7 2700X 8-Core 3.7GHz (4.3GHz TurboBoost) 
    Thermal Compound 
    CPU Overclocking 
    Motherboard : Gigabyte X470 ULTRA Gaming 
    Memory : 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3000MHz (2x8GB) 
    System Cooling : ORIGIN RGB FROSTBYTE 360 Sealed Liquid Cooling System 
    Case Fans : ORIGIN PC High-Performance Ultra Silent Fans 
    Graphics Cards : NVIDIA 8GB GeForce RTX 2070 
    GPU Overclocking 
    Operating System : MS Windows 10 Home 
    Hard Drive Cage : 5 Bay Hard-Drive Cage 
    Operating System Drive : 500GB Samsung 860 EVO Series 
    RAID : No RAID 
    Power Supply : 750 Watt EVGA SuperNOVA G3 
    Power Supply Sleeved Cable : No Sleeved Cable 
    Audio : Integrated High-Definition Audio 
    Networking : Onboard Network Port 
    Optical Drive : 24X CD/DVD Burner 
    The ORIGIN Difference : The Best Gaming Experience Guaranteed 
    ORIGIN Maximum Protection Shipping Process : ORIGIN Wooden Crate Armor 
    24/7 U.S Based Warranty : 1 Year Part Replacement with 45 Day Free Shipping 
    Free ORIGIN PC Peripheral : ORIGIN PC Mousepad 
    Free ORIGIN PC T-shirt : ORIGIN PC T-Shirt 
    Size : Medium 
    Web Browser : Google Chrome 

Price $2508
    edited June 11
    Gdemami said:

New ryzen is not based on the Threadripper. Ryzen 7 is a different socket. 

Start @ 9:40
     " it is not fx vs threader , its threadripper vs threadripper 2" 
    Context , nothing comes close to it.

Gdemami
    edited June 11
    PSU you need to up those watts over 1000 and grab 32 gig of ram so it can be seating a quad configuration.
    Gdemami
    not a fan of gigabyte, Would go with ASUS or MSI if you can. 
    Ozmodan
  • MisterZebubMisterZebub Member EpicPosts: 3,456
    Gdemami said:

CryomatrixMars_OrbitalPhry

“I was, in days gone by, a believer. But, alas, I came to this beleaguered land and the God in me just … evaporated. Let us change our toast, then, to the God that has forgotten us.”

• MrJatobiMrJatobi Member UncommonPosts: 28
    I would suggest, and this is my humble opinion as someone who has worked IT for 17 years...

I'd wait until the new Ryzen's are released.  Good performance, good bang for the buck.

Give it 2 months.
    Torval