Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

En Masse Entertainment to Publish The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126

imageEn Masse Entertainment to Publish The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics - MMORPG.com News

En Masse Entertainment has announced that it will be in charge of publication duties for The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics, a multiplatform strategy RPG that is based on the upcoming Netflix series. The game will be released for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC/Mac.

Read the full story here



¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


«1

Comments

  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126
    I'm totally stoked for the series and will definitely try the game too. :)
    NeonSaruTenohiraWhiteLanternThupliAyininfomatz


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 7,989
    Interesting this IP is making a come back with a new show, now a game. I still remember seeing this movie as a little kid in the theater and thought it was so weird and dark, yet so fascinating.

    Everyone was talking about it at the time for being so revolutionary. Then as suddenly as it came, It literally went into the vaults of time to be forgotten, few people I ever mentioned Dark Crystal to even remembered what it was. Honestly I think it was way ahead of it's time. Now is probably a good time to make a come back.
    Sovrath


  • HarikenHariken Member RarePosts: 2,352
    The Jim Henson crew say the new series is staying true to Jim's vision. 90% practical effects and puppets and 10% CGI which was mostly used to remove any trace of the puppeteers so they can show more of the puppets. The trailer looks very cool.
    Scotgervaise1infomatz
  • retiredmjretiredmj Member UncommonPosts: 116
    edited June 11
    I absolutely hate RTS games, but I have loved most things Jim Henson and specifically The Dark Crystal since the mid 80s (though let's be honest Bowie's Labyrinth was better).

    I'm torn...
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 4,681
    SBFord said:
    I'm totally stoked for the series and will definitely try the game too. :)
    Wait. So, Dark Crystal Tactics is worth coverage by your standards but Fire Emblem Three Houses is not, despite them being the same genre and FE3H having MORE RPG mechanics?
    blueturtle13alkarionlogSBFordNephethTorval
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,174
    edited June 11
    The gameplay looks like ass - it even looks bad for a mobile game
    Post edited by DMKano on
    Torval
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member RarePosts: 2,767
    serious looks like a smallish maps with some npcs in the play, I saw some browser games with bigger maps then this game

    ogre battle where are you?.... we still have fire emblem...
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 4,681
    serious looks like a smallish maps with some npcs in the play, I saw some browser games with bigger maps then this game

    ogre battle where are you?.... we still have fire emblem...
    I also wish that we still had Shining Force tactics games. Yeah, Shining Force still exists, but as mediocre JRPGs. Like shoddy Tales knockoffs.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 4,681
    edited June 11
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:
    I'm totally stoked for the series and will definitely try the game too. :)
    Wait. So, Dark Crystal Tactics is worth coverage by your standards but Fire Emblem Three Houses is not, despite them being the same genre and FE3H having MORE RPG mechanics?
    By the way, I'm not mad. Just confused. This an actual inconsistency in the standards mentioned in the Witcher 3 thread.


    I know FE3H is a particularly complex, intimidating game, but I am willing to contribute information or an article.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,358
    edited June 11
    Everything old is new again. Seems to be the current Hollywood and Gaming industry trend. More reboots and remakes than a little bit. Excited none the less as I have good memories of watching Dark Crystal as a kid.

    In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 1,859
    Aeander said:
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:
    I'm totally stoked for the series and will definitely try the game too. :)
    Wait. So, Dark Crystal Tactics is worth coverage by your standards but Fire Emblem Three Houses is not, despite them being the same genre and FE3H having MORE RPG mechanics?
    By the way, I'm not mad. Just confused. This an actual inconsistency in the standards mentioned in the Witcher 3 thread.


    I know FE3H is a particularly complex, intimidating game, but I am willing to contribute information or an article.
    I may ned some of that wisdom when I play fire emblem next month
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 4,681
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:
    I'm totally stoked for the series and will definitely try the game too. :)
    Wait. So, Dark Crystal Tactics is worth coverage by your standards but Fire Emblem Three Houses is not, despite them being the same genre and FE3H having MORE RPG mechanics?
    By the way, I'm not mad. Just confused. This an actual inconsistency in the standards mentioned in the Witcher 3 thread.


    I know FE3H is a particularly complex, intimidating game, but I am willing to contribute information or an article.
    I may ned some of that wisdom when I play fire emblem next month
    If there is anything specific you want to know, pm me. This one is looking to be particularly intricate with the addition of Persona-esque RPG mechanics.
    Arteriusblueturtle13
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited June 12
    F the game. Seeing the Dark Crystal series look incredible and authentic in 2019 gave me goosebumps. It's like Jim Henson never passed on.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 851
    While I love turn based strategy games I can't play this, just the mention of The Dark Crystal still freaks me out.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 927
    Man, I thought it was going to be an mmorpg like Doofus, Wakfu, or SR: Boston Lockdown when I saw En Masse. Oh well.


    Aeander said:


    SBFord said:

    I'm totally stoked for the series and will definitely try the game too. :)


    Wait. So, Dark Crystal Tactics is worth coverage by your standards but Fire Emblem Three Houses is not, despite them being the same genre and FE3H having MORE RPG mechanics?



    I posted about a similar type game called Fell Seal in the general games forum and no one seemed to be into the FFT-type game genre on this site, and that was at least for the PC too. .
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 2,953
    Love the genre. I'm in!

    I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

  • Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 237
    I could use a Tactics RPG since FF Tactics.....Hopefully this will be better
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 1,859

    Aeander said:


    Arterius said:


    Aeander said:


    Aeander said:


    SBFord said:

    I'm totally stoked for the series and will definitely try the game too. :)


    Wait. So, Dark Crystal Tactics is worth coverage by your standards but Fire Emblem Three Houses is not, despite them being the same genre and FE3H having MORE RPG mechanics?


    By the way, I'm not mad. Just confused. This an actual inconsistency in the standards mentioned in the Witcher 3 thread.


    I know FE3H is a particularly complex, intimidating game, but I am willing to contribute information or an article.


    I may ned some of that wisdom when I play fire emblem next month


    If there is anything specific you want to know, pm me. This one is looking to be particularly intricate with the addition of Persona-esque RPG mechanics.



    I will do that.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,660
    Dark Crystal as a turn-based strategy game. That took me by surprise. It just seems like there are a ton of other adventure and rpg genre formats that are more suitable and interesting in context.

    And EnMasse as the publisher. I have nothing against them, but again surprised they're handling the IP. Well, good luck with that. This may make a good postmortem discussion topic 6 months after the game launches.
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

    It only took 3 people 8 words to rock Blizzard to its core.
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,174
    edited June 12
    Torval said:
    Dark Crystal as a turn-based strategy game. That took me by surprise. It just seems like there are a ton of other adventure and rpg genre formats that are more suitable and interesting in context.

    And EnMasse as the publisher. I have nothing against them, but again surprised they're handling the IP. Well, good luck with that. This may make a good postmortem discussion topic 6 months after the game launches.

    I doubt that it will take 6 months, you've seen the gameplay right?

    The real question is - how much longer can EnMasse ride Tera's coattails? 
    Torval
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 11,750

    Aeander said:


    SBFord said:

    I'm totally stoked for the series and will definitely try the game too. :)


    Wait. So, Dark Crystal Tactics is worth coverage by your standards but Fire Emblem Three Houses is not, despite them being the same genre and FE3H having MORE RPG mechanics?



    I think this is down to IP, I had never heard of FE3H.

     25 Agrees

    You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 4,681
    Scot said:

    Aeander said:


    SBFord said:

    I'm totally stoked for the series and will definitely try the game too. :)


    Wait. So, Dark Crystal Tactics is worth coverage by your standards but Fire Emblem Three Houses is not, despite them being the same genre and FE3H having MORE RPG mechanics?



    I think this is down to IP, I had never heard of FE3H.
    Maybe. But for fans of turn based strategy, Fire Emblem is arguably the biggest and most enduring name for good reason. 
    ScotTorval
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,802
    I only know Dark Crystal the movie released in 1982. Is Netflix really going to make a remake of this? I wish them luck, cause they will surely need it.
    Aeander
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 11,750
    Galadourn said:
    I only know Dark Crystal the movie released in 1982. Is Netflix really going to make a remake of this? I wish them luck, cause they will surely need it.
    Some of what you see on TV uses IP's nearer 1882, from Peter Pan and Narnia to Dracula. It is the strength of the IP that matters more not its age, DC does not have that strong an IP but today that does not matter. Anything and everything that has some sort of IP or brand is going to get rehashed and used in TV and Film. Marvel are churning through their supers, how long before the Squirrel Girl film? Have you heard of Warhammer Adventures where that grim world IP is used for a typical brightly coloured cartoony kids offering?

    No IP is too weak, no usage of that IP is beyond the pale. Always have a name that some of the public can identify with rather than something new.

     25 Agrees

    You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

  • jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,696
    I remember watching this with my sister and dad in the early 80s. My sister and I were obsessed with making the "mmmm" sound they kept making throughout the movie.
    Scotinfomatz
Sign In or Register to comment.