Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, E3 is over. What games are you most anticipating?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Love @blueturtle13's love for Doom. :) 
    Asheram

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    edited June 2019
    Games I care about (but won't necessarily play them all):

Cyberpunk 2077
    Halo
    Gears 5
    Ori and the Will o' the Wisp
    Final Fantasy VII Remake
    The Outer Worlds
    Ghost Recon
    Watch Dogs
    Gods and Monsters
    Doom
    Madden 20
    Marvel Avengers
    Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
    Circuit Superstars (RC ProAM!)
    The Last of Us 2
    Death Stranding

I know I'm missing some, and I haven't watched the Nintendo Direct yet, so I'm sure there's more (Zelda sequel!). I'm a genuine fan of all genres and platforms, so there'll never be a shortage of ways to fill my free time. 
  • paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Hello Kitty Island Adventure

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I didn't watch E3. Don't care about new games. 

I'm easily sated. 

Path of Exile with Melee Buff this new league has me playing it - go go Abyssus + flicker strike in new league

Starcraft 2 after rediscovering it is all I need to do. 

Now I just need to reduce my work schedule from like 80 hours a week to like 50-60 hours. I'll be good. 

Only new game I care about is potentially Mordhau and there's no reason for me to pick it up any time soon because I have more than i can handle with 2 games. I usually only play 1 game at a time. So the fact that I'll be playing PoE at night (when i'm on call, easy to pause) and SC 2 during the day (not on call) then there's no reason to buy any other game. 

Hence, i'll wait for a Mordhau sale to even bother buying it. Perhaps, that i'll take over my SC 2 competitive streak considering that Starcraft 2 reminds me of how hard golf is. 

Cryomatrix

p.s. @Kyleran ; . . . Go go Play hardcore in Path of Exile and Madden series is decent, but i only get an inkling to play the game during football season. 

Cryomatrix

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Sable
    Halo
    Zelda
    Tales
    Bleeding Edge
    Animal Crossing
    Doom
    Ghost Recon
    Ancestors 
    Gods and Monsters
    Minecraft Dungeons
    Evil Genius 2
    Remnant from the Ashes
    12 minutes
    Contra
    Biomutant
    Doom
    more Doom 
    and maybe Doom

You either are paid to play video games or actually spend like 1 hour total in any one game.

Makes it easy to get a Steam refund I'll wager.

;)

Asheram

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Kyleran said:
    Sable
    Halo
    Zelda
    Tales
    Bleeding Edge
    Animal Crossing
    Doom
    Ghost Recon
    Ancestors 
    Gods and Monsters
    Minecraft Dungeons
    Evil Genius 2
    Remnant from the Ashes
    12 minutes
    Contra
    Biomutant
    Doom
    more Doom 
    and maybe Doom

You either are paid to play video games or actually spend like 1 hour total in any one game.

;)

Paid  to play them. That is how we get our ideas for projects we are tasked with bringing to creation. Hours and hours of play time. Which is why I have two Steam accounts. One for work and one for me. 
    Living The Dream.....

Well, if you have a gaming wife or GF too....

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    Sable
    Halo
    Zelda
    Tales
    Bleeding Edge
    Animal Crossing
    Doom
    Ghost Recon
    Ancestors 
    Gods and Monsters
    Minecraft Dungeons
    Evil Genius 2
    Remnant from the Ashes
    12 minutes
    Contra
    Biomutant
    Doom
    more Doom 
    and maybe Doom

;)

Paid  to play them. That is how we get our ideas for projects we are tasked with bringing to creation. Hours and hours of play time. Which is why I have two Steam accounts. One for work and one for me. 
    Living The Dream.....

Well, if you have a gaming wife or GF too....
    Unfortunately the only game the wife plays is Candy Crush, Farm Together or Stardew Valley.
    She just reads......a lot. 

Well, still like David used to sing, this is just like living in Paradise.  (Sorry, crappy techno version but gets straight to the chorus)

AlBQuirky

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Too many to mention, but if i really have to give some names i'll say

Cyberpunk 2077
    Vampire The Masquerade
    Tales of Arise
    Octagon7711

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    So many good games coming next year, tp answer you though I would say FF7 outshines all for me. Avengers is also up there, cyberpunk, Halo.. I could go on. I feel like this year theres really no right list, it can really be any.

.. Oh yeah Zelda I could say but don't think it counts since all it was is saying its in development now.
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    I was really hoping for mario golf on switch, but nada.....I still like the div 2 and am excited about the new ghost recon.  I am hoping Zelda BOTW drops in price now with the sequel coming, but not likely...I hate nintendos pricing model.....
    LackingMMO
  • HazenXIIIHazenXIII Member UncommonPosts: 161
    E3 isn't over. I just got home from the first day lol.
  • Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Cyberpunk 2077, But Mostly Balders Gate 3.......
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    IDk,i don't like hyped up advertising so i didn't watch too much and what i did was exactly that,staged cheers and hoot n hollering at every word just seemed so ridiculously fake.Then the Twitch employees in on every act were all fake as well,acting like they really enjoyed even some total garbage games like the Diary one.

So i simply turned on Steam like i always do and searched for new releases,i see only one interesting game...Octopath traveler,sadly it's a console/Switch port,so the graphics are still low end and the game play is linear.I also did not see too much interesting in way of combat.
    it seems every single review is a good one,most of the complaints are the price.Myself,yeah the price is way overboard for such a dated looking game and i need to see better combat and micro managing,well actually i need to see a LOT better game,maybe if drops to $20,maybe 30 if i feel generous,i might pick it up.

Really seeing so many buy it for $80 just says how bored people are,NOTHING in the market seems to have any longevity,people are bored looking for a new game seems everyday.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited June 2019
    Wizardry said:
    Octopath traveler,sadly it's a console/Switch port,so the graphics are still low end and the game play is linear.I also did not see too much interesting in way of combat.

It's a throwback to classic jRPGs with a decent budget behind it, Wiz. The graphics and gameplay being old school is 100% intentional. That's the whole reason it exists and is the reason it's so popular.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Bloodlines 2
    Cyberpunk 2077
    Jedi Fallen Order

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited June 2019
    Wizardry said:
    Octopath traveler,sadly it's a console/Switch port,so the graphics are still low end and the game play is linear.I also did not see too much interesting in way of combat.

It's a throwback to classic jRPGs with a decent budget behind it, Wiz. The graphics and gameplay being old school is 100% intentional. That's the whole reason it exists and is the reason it's so popular.
    I like Octopath (currently at over 60 hours played), but I wish the battle artwork was more consistent. They put so much effort into gorgeously creating every single monster and villain in the game (even the lowliest grunt) while the player characters all fight with their tiny field sprites. It may be retro, but it is also immersion breaking. I would have preferred to see field sprites for exploring, and full battle artwork for battles. As is, Octopath is the incredible tale of how the only 8 midgets in Orsterra happened to save the world.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited June 2019
    Aeander said:
    Wizardry said:

I like Octopath (currently at over 60 hours played), but I wish the battle artwork was more consistent. They put so much effort into gorgeously creating every single monster and villain in the game (even the lowliest grunt) while the player characters all fight with their tiny field sprites. It may be retro, but it is also immersion breaking. I would have preferred to see field sprites for exploring, and full battle artwork for battles. As is, Octopath is the incredible tale of how the only 8 midgets in Orsterra happened to save the world.
    I don't mind it. What you're talking about is the same style as FFVI.. and that's one of my favourite games ever so I'm pretty used to it. I even welcome it.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Aeander said:
    Wizardry said:

I don't mind it. What you're talking about is the same style as FFVI.. and that's one of my favourite games ever so I'm pretty used to it. I even welcome it.
    Agree to disagree. It's a small issue I have with an otherwise solid game. 

Cyrus is my spirit animal.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    I might try the Final Fantasy remake. I've been playing Dragon Quest XI and though a game like that isn't normally "my thing" I'm actually enjoying it. I think trying another JRPG should be in my future.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Mikeha said:
    Halo Infinite is what I am most excited for. Also Xbox Game Pass on PC. :)

I missed out on the whole "Halo thing", back in the day...

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

Sovrath said:
    I might try the Final Fantasy remake. I've been playing Dragon Quest XI and though a game like that isn't normally "my thing" I'm actually enjoying it. I think trying another JRPG should be in my future.
    I would recommend it. I'm currently on a JRPG fix myself. Everything shit about the game industry right now seems to have mostly skipped over JRPGs.
  • blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259
    edited June 2019
    Cyberpunk 2077
    Ghost Recon Breakpoint and R6 Quarantine sure interest me.
    Bloodlines 2
    FF VII remake
    I'm also curious about Watch Dog (though I have never played the previous 2)
    Oh.. and Destiny 2's new angle now that Bungee is "free" ! ;)

Oh.. and Vermintide Vs Mode, which I had lost all hope for...
    (it certainly looks like the best contender to bring back that L4D feel)

Note : Subscription services like XBox and Ubi's could also be interesting to help go through a bunch of single player AAA for a smaller fee than usual.