Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Witcher 3 Complete Edition Coming to Nintendo Switch - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,001
    edited June 13
    Confirmed on Twitter that it'll run at 540p while in handheld mode, and 720p with dynamic resolution enabled while in the dock.

Pretty bad to be honest.

540p on a 6 inch screen is actually not bad at all for an open world 150+ hour rpg game

They're still to confirm if handheld is dynamic as well. If it is, that's just a upper limit.. it probably wouldn't get to 540p or 720p unless you're in a small interior or something like that. They might have done some magic with the code though, who knows...
    Yeah I mean we got Hellblade to 720p in handheld mode but it does drop a bit from here and there. (To 400p or so)
    720p is the max the screen has so 540p really is not that bad considering the cap the screen has. Plus when the screen is that small it is not that big a deal. (At least for many) 
    To sit on an airplane and play TW3 on a mobile device is a pretty cool thing for many. I think it will do well for the little console that could. 
     @blueturtle13 Knowing you worked on Hellblade means I will definitely pick it up now. I always had interest, but it was on the backlog. It has been violently thruster to the front :wink:
    blueturtle13
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 2,461
    Confirmed on Twitter that it'll run at 540p while in handheld mode, and 720p with dynamic resolution enabled while in the dock.

Pretty bad to be honest.

540p on a 6 inch screen is actually not bad at all for an open world 150+ hour rpg game

They're still to confirm if handheld is dynamic as well. If it is, that's just a upper limit.. it probably wouldn't get to 540p or 720p unless you're in a small interior or something like that. They might have done some magic with the code though, who knows...
    Yeah I mean we got Hellblade to 720p in handheld mode but it does drop a bit from here and there. (To 400p or so)
    720p is the max the screen has so 540p really is not that bad considering the cap the screen has. Plus when the screen is that small it is not that big a deal. (At least for many) 
    To sit on an airplane and play TW3 on a mobile device is a pretty cool thing for many. I think it will do well for the little console that could. 
     @blueturtle13 Knowing you worked on Hellblade means I will definitely pick it up now. I always had interest, but it was on the backlog. It has been violently thruster to the front :wink:
    For all those on the fence, Hellblade is part of the upcoming Humble Bundle. So there is really no excuse not to get it.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    blueturtle13
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 4,090

Pretty bad to be honest.

So blueturtle works at Panic Button. That's interesting.
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,180
    aw i love that Switch got lots of love, i am also slowly liking the Switch more and more, the controller needs a bit of time to get used to

also, the only Nintendo console i've ever had was the Nintendo Gameboy Advance back in the days just to play Pokemon.

But i am glad i picked up Switch and i even rarely use my PS4 anymore.

So What Now?

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,578
    Aeander said:

Pretty bad to be honest.

So blueturtle works at Panic Button. That's interesting.
    Panic didn't work on the Hellblade port QLOC handled that port. I have worked with Ninja since Heavenly Sword and on and off since then. (A stint at Valve in between)
    Hellblade was my favorite work with them but the work we did with The Void has been amazing and special.  
    I am Art contracting with 3 other studios now out of North Carolina USA
    TorvalMrMelGibson

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다