Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO reached 13.5 million players

2»

Comments

  • RemaliRemali Member UncommonPosts: 308
    ESO 13.5m accounts ff14 16m BDO 18.5 and wow.... it had 100m several years ago wouldn't be surprised if it has 150m now.
    Don't take me for a wow fanboy far from it never liked the game but its obvious who the king of mmos is at least account wise
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,391
    Remali said:
    ESO 13.5m accounts ff14 16m BDO 18.5 and wow.... it had 100m several years ago wouldn't be surprised if it has 150m now.
    Don't take me for a wow fanboy far from it never liked the game but its obvious who the king of mmos is at least account wise
    So Runequest then? 
    Torvalazarhal
  • RemaliRemali Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Don't know about runequest although I know its pretty big have they released official numbers?
    Should be doing very good from what I hear
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,140
    gervaise1 said:
    Remali said:
    ESO 13.5m accounts ff14 16m BDO 18.5 and wow.... it had 100m several years ago wouldn't be surprised if it has 150m now.
    Don't take me for a wow fanboy far from it never liked the game but its obvious who the king of mmos is at least account wise
    So Runequest then? 

    Runequest would be around 0 as a MMORPG....Runescape is F2P where as the ones listed are B2P or B2Sub.
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,549
    whoa! a lot of Salt in this thread idk why though? I thought people were happy about ESO? 
    "PSA: We live in a multicultural world. Nobody is "forcing" diversity. Earth is already Diverse."

    "Everything that happens is a political act, and the only people that get to pretend otherwise are those privileged enough to not have politics impact them at all." ~Taliesin
     
    Currently: Games Audio Engineer
    You've heard what I've heard

  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 419
    edited June 22
    Sovrath said:
    What does that really mean? "Lifetime" players?

    This smacks to me of 13.5 million accounts made.
    That's pretty much exactly what that means.

    13.5 million people have made accounts, of which some untold number are currently playing.

    It's a ridiculous numbers-flexing game that means nothing. But, ya know.. players are super impressed by big numbers, so they use the biggest ones they've got.

    The thing is, it makes it seem like ZOS is embarassed to show the number of active players, and they really needn't be. ESO's population is very active. Enough so that I've taken a break from the game because it's too damn laggy most of the time. It's been steadily growing over time as word spread how it turned around from its launch. There's been a big uptick since the Elsweyr announcement in particular.


  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Most likely that 13.5m figure is based-off of a lifetime of accounts created, but still nice number so congrats.  My only recent compalaint about ESO is a couple of weeks ago I viewed their live-stream on Twitch, linked my account, then didn't get the free mount & boxes from Zenimax so defintiely not resubbing.  When gaming companies market like that there should be some sort of accountability.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,140
    foppotee said:
    Most likely that 13.5m figure is based-off of a lifetime of accounts created, but still nice number so congrats.  My only recent compalaint about ESO is a couple of weeks ago I viewed their live-stream on Twitch, linked my account, then didn't get the free mount & boxes from Zenimax so defintiely not resubbing.  When gaming companies market like that there should be some sort of accountability.
    Make a ticket.  They have been responding to tickets now and giving the items.  Got mine today after my ticket.
    foppotee
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,777
    Horusra said:
    gervaise1 said:
    Remali said:
    ESO 13.5m accounts ff14 16m BDO 18.5 and wow.... it had 100m several years ago wouldn't be surprised if it has 150m now.
    Don't take me for a wow fanboy far from it never liked the game but its obvious who the king of mmos is at least account wise
    So Runequest then? 

    Runequest would be around 0 as a MMORPG....Runescape is F2P where as the ones listed are B2P or B2Sub.
    All of those B2P games have had free trials several times, easily bumping their numbers up.

    Here's the article. https://www.mmorpg.com/news/activision-blizzard-beats-q1-2019-expectations-1000052377

    King has 272M active users every month. That's more than ESO, BDO, FF14, WoW, and all the rest of Activision (41M) and Blizzard (32M) users combined, in just one month.

    It kind of puts the phone comment in context. I still think it was a dumb thing to say in the context of the moment, but if you think about the numbers he's seen it really makes sense. He knows we have phones.

    Can you see how Runescape being F2P doesn't invalidate its numbers. It's like King. The numbers are so huge they don't need to generate $15/mo minimum ARPU per user.

    I can see Live WoW going B2P like ESO. They already have a huge cash shop. The optional sub would provide more perks and access to the Classic servers.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Ive actually got back into this game....I played back when it was launched and i got to say its gotten 100% better...Im actually lovin the game now...Hated it back then....LOL
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,140
    edited June 22
    Torval said:
    Horusra said:
    gervaise1 said:
    Remali said:
    ESO 13.5m accounts ff14 16m BDO 18.5 and wow.... it had 100m several years ago wouldn't be surprised if it has 150m now.
    Don't take me for a wow fanboy far from it never liked the game but its obvious who the king of mmos is at least account wise
    So Runequest then? 

    Runequest would be around 0 as a MMORPG....Runescape is F2P where as the ones listed are B2P or B2Sub.
    All of those B2P games have had free trials several times, easily bumping their numbers up.

    Here's the article. https://www.mmorpg.com/news/activision-blizzard-beats-q1-2019-expectations-1000052377

    King has 272M active users every month. That's more than ESO, BDO, FF14, WoW, and all the rest of Activision (41M) and Blizzard (32M) users combined, in just one month.

    It kind of puts the phone comment in context. I still think it was a dumb thing to say in the context of the moment, but if you think about the numbers he's seen it really makes sense. He knows we have phones.

    Can you see how Runescape being F2P doesn't invalidate its numbers. It's like King. The numbers are so huge they don't need to generate $15/mo minimum ARPU per user.

    I can see Live WoW going B2P like ESO. They already have a huge cash shop. The optional sub would provide more perks and access to the Classic servers.
    WoW would have to do a lot to have a "hugh" cash shop when compared to ESO, but I did not think about the free trial numbers.  That is a good point.  When was the last time WoW or FF gave out accounts made?
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member RarePosts: 3,287
    klash2def said:
    whoa! a lot of Salt in this thread idk why though? I thought people were happy about ESO? 
    Salt? What salt? What are you talking about? Who in the hell is "salty" in this thread?

    Show me who was salty and when? Because I hope you arent suggesting that people pointing out that the article is in reference to total lifetime accounts created are being "salty".
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 2,865
    Definitely over-inflated marketing BS but ESO has been a juggernaut in the market space that has continually gained traction, that is a fact.  

    I think a large portion of the reason is because they have done a great job of building on their content rather than the vertical approach of every every other game where content becomes invalidated.  

    I don't play ESO for other reasons but man I still have to admit it's an incredible game.
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,163
    I'm more interested in this Runequest MMORPG someone mentioned above.
  • ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 520
    There seems to be an awful lot of petty sniping here. I don't play ESO any more because I despise loot boxes and dislike the way they raise money in game. But the game is not free to play, so accounts mean something, and it's clearly popular with others.
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Horusra said:
    foppotee said:
    Most likely that 13.5m figure is based-off of a lifetime of accounts created, but still nice number so congrats.  My only recent compalaint about ESO is a couple of weeks ago I viewed their live-stream on Twitch, linked my account, then didn't get the free mount & boxes from Zenimax so defintiely not resubbing.  When gaming companies market like that there should be some sort of accountability.
    Make a ticket.  They have been responding to tickets now and giving the items.  Got mine today after my ticket.
    Thanks for the suggestion, Horusra, I'll give it a try tomorrow.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,636
    edited June 23
    ESO has had trials but those accounts are not counted toward the 13.5m number.

    As far as I can gather ESO is populated on every platform the game is on. 

    At this point they should really thinking about an ESO2.. With the game gaining traction the way it is it could be a good time to start working on it. Better engine , Better graphics , cloth physics etc to put it over the top. Things the current engine isnt capable of doing.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,070
    SlyLoK said:
    ESO has had trials but those accounts are not counted toward the 13.5m number.

    As far as I can gather ESO is populated on every platform the game is on. 

    At this point they should really thinking about an ESO2.. With the game gaining traction the way it is it could be a good time to start working on it. Better engine , Better graphics , cloth physics etc to put it over the top. Things the current engine isnt capable of doing.
    I bought the game but didn't play very long...i'm guessing I count as one of those 13.5M..... If they do make a second one, please go back to the gameplay that the ES games used to have. Whatever you want to call ESO, it was not an ES game.
    StoneRosesSlyLoKAgent_Joseph
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,631
    SlyLoK said:
    ESO has had trials but those accounts are not counted toward the 13.5m number.

    As far as I can gather ESO is populated on every platform the game is on. 

    At this point they should really thinking about an ESO2.. With the game gaining traction the way it is it could be a good time to start working on it. Better engine , Better graphics , cloth physics etc to put it over the top. Things the current engine isnt capable of doing.
    I bought the game but didn't play very long...i'm guessing I count as one of those 13.5M..... If they do make a second one, please go back to the gameplay that the ES games used to have. Whatever you want to call ESO, it was not an ES game.
    Same!
    Agent_Joseph
    Real Fans of Chess don't get bored!
    Real Fans of Soccer don’t get bored!
    Real Fans of Baseball don’t get bored!
    Real Fans of MMORPGs don’t get bored!
    What's your excuse?
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,636
    SlyLoK said:
    ESO has had trials but those accounts are not counted toward the 13.5m number.

    As far as I can gather ESO is populated on every platform the game is on. 

    At this point they should really thinking about an ESO2.. With the game gaining traction the way it is it could be a good time to start working on it. Better engine , Better graphics , cloth physics etc to put it over the top. Things the current engine isnt capable of doing.
    I bought the game but didn't play very long...i'm guessing I count as one of those 13.5M..... If they do make a second one, please go back to the gameplay that the ES games used to have. Whatever you want to call ESO, it was not an ES game.
    It is more of an ES game TO ME than Oblivion and most definitely Skyrim was.. Those games were just straight action games with ES stamped on it. 
    Agent_JosephBeansnBreadboris20Iselin
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 846
    If anyone quits be sure to send your stuffs to @Gutlard mkai?!

    Maybe I'll be ingame rich for once.

    Gut Out!

    What, me worry?

  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 12,087
    Nothing like a thread about good subs to bring all the fans...and the other guys out to play. ;)

     25 Agrees

    You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

Sign In or Register to comment.