Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now you know what skills each job will have in SHB, what JOB will you level first?

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 2,984
For me its between AST/DRK/DNC

But I think I will stick with AST for the buffs, healing (I like that I can switch between regen and shield) at level 80 you get a skill so you can use both sects for some time with a cd.

My AST:



My DRK:



Now you know what skills each job will have in SHB, what job will you level first? And why?
  1. Now you know what skills each job will have in SHB, what job will you level first? And why?24 votes
    1. Astrologian
      16.67%
    2. Dancer
      16.67%
    3. Bard
      12.50%
    4. Warrior
        4.17%
    5. Ninja
        4.17%
    6. Samurai
        4.17%
    7. Dark Knight
        4.17%
    8. Monk
        0.00%
    9. Paladin
        4.17%
    10. Dragoon
        4.17%
    11. Black Mage
      12.50%
    12. White Mage
        0.00%
    13. Machinist
        4.17%
    14. Red Mage
        4.17%
    15. Gun Breaker
        4.17%
    16. Summoner
        0.00%
    17. Scholar
        4.17%
    18. Blue Mage? (no idea if it also gets more levels)
        0.00%
Kyleran

Comments

  • WKMitchellWKMitchell Member UncommonPosts: 76
    I really love Ast but I will be giving it up I am pretty sure with SHB I don't like the Card changes in the slightest (stripped way too much personality from Ast to just turn the cards into a small damage buff).  So will mostly go back to maining Brd like I did in 1.0, and ARR.  I may also lvl up Sch to have a healer to play as I like playing healers, and buffing classes.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 2,984
    edited June 8
    I really love Ast but I will be giving it up I am pretty sure with SHB I don't like the Card changes in the slightest (stripped way too much personality from Ast to just turn the cards into a small damage buff).  So will mostly go back to maining Brd like I did in 1.0, and ARR.  I may also lvl up Sch to have a healer to play as I like playing healers, and buffing classes.
    Depending on the cards you draw you can give a dmg buff between 3%-8%.
    I kinda like that I give players a Horoscope and when reading cards will give players hp.

    Neutral sect gives both regen and shield.

    Celestial Intersection, gives the opposite sect, so when in noct, using this skills gives a 10 sec regen with 30 sec cd, 

    Celestial opposition instant aoe heal with 120sec cd

    Our instant heal Essential dig got 2 charges.


    Bard is stripped from its buffs :( (edit:good buffs)

    Dnc on paper is the better buffer between brd and mch.

  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 819
    edited June 8
    Probably BLM, it has been my 'go to' job since HW and the QoL changes it is getting seem pretty decent... though I am disappointed that DNC got a forward teleport and BLM is still stuck with a target dependant AM.

    Second would be PLD, which has been a favourite since 2.0 (even in HW) and I like the look of the tank changes (yay, no more stance BS and bloated 'enmity' abilities).

    Last, as in very last, will be any of the healers. I like healing, even practically maining SCH for the past year, but I couldn't stand playing WHM in SB and now that all of the healers are just as braindead and clunky... yeah, hard pass.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 2,984
    acidblood said:
    Probably BLM, it has been my 'go to' job since HW and the QoL changes it is getting seem pretty decent... though I am disappointed that DNC got a forward teleport and BLM is still stuck with a target dependant AM.

    Second would be PLD, which has been a favourite since 2.0 (even in HW) and I like the look of the tank changes (yay, no more stance BS and bloated 'enmity' abilities).

    Last, as in very last, will be any of the healers. I like healing, even practically maining SCH for the past year, but I couldn't stand playing WHM in SB and now that all of the healers are just as braindead and clunky... yeah, hard pass.
    Im curious about the new healing. I never liked that we got too much time to dps. I want to be more of a healer and buffer, now I got so much time to dps that it feels like im more a dps than a healer.

  • ArteriusArterius Member RarePosts: 1,085
    Astro is my main and I haven't deviated since Heavensward. I haven't switched classes yet and since their is no new healer class won't start now
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,634
    It's a toss up between Machinist and Gunbreaker tbh. I'm looking forward to all the MCH changes, like deploying a frickin' robot. But I've wanted to use a Gunblade ever since I first saw Gaius'. Well... not counting the old FFVII & VIII days.

    Then again, I don't want to tank full time. So MCH might just win out on the count of that.

    My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 2,984

  • parrotpholkparrotpholk Member EpicPosts: 4,602
    Sticking with my AST but plan on getting my SCH up soon after.  At some point will try dancer but like most dps classes will likely never get it to max due to boredom with that gameplay.  Hoping dancer is the one that breaks the cycle.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 2,465
    SCH/SMN because queue times. I'll try dancer and PotD / HoH the new tank class because I don't play tank but still want to level it up.

    This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,295
    Will start with WHM and see from there.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 2,984
    Akulas said:
    SCH/SMN because queue times. I'll try dancer and PotD / HoH the new tank class because I don't play tank but still want to level it up.
    Tbh smn looks cool with their phoenix.

  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,344
    Dancer, Machinist, Samurai, Dark Knight, and Gunbreaker... I'll be pretty busy between FF11, FF14, School, Work, and just things in personal life.

    In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,955
    Paladin, assuming I grind out 60-70 over the next week.

    Why?

    I always enjoy tanking in MMOs, and sword + shield is my go to in just about any MMO. Always down with the Paladin "Warrior of Light" vibe, interesting from a story perspective going into Shadowbringers too.

    Really liking the quality of life changes for tanks in general and Paladin specifically. Gap closer, new/good AoE, no TP management, plenty of tools, great animations...

    Lots of wins.

    Also, new fights/new mechanics to learn as tank role, is always fun vs. jumping into tail end of previous expansion(s) where everything is on speed-farm and it's hard(er) to learn mechanics.

    My other (only) 70 atm is Red Mage, which has been great fun. So RDM will be my #2.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 2,984
    Ill think ill go with drk.

  • lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 2,546
    AST was my first thought but I decided to start SAM a couple of days ago and even though its supposed to be an easy class their combo systems and variations of it have me extremely intrigued. So, SAM, I only have to level it to 70 now.....

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

    Kyleran on yours sincerely 


    But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

    Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 2,984
    lahnmir said:
    AST was my first thought but I decided to start SAM a couple of days ago and even though its supposed to be an easy class their combo systems and variations of it have me extremely intrigued. So, SAM, I only have to level it to 70 now.....

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I like the samurai in general but I dont like the sam skills in ffxiv.

    If it had the drk dark vibe/aura black/blood aura in stead of flowers than I was sold.



  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,011
    I play a Dark Knight and Samurai. But I am interested in the GunBlade. At least enough to try it out.
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,295
    WHM, BRD, DNC, DRK in no particular order.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 2,984
    Having fun with dnc atm

  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 2,984
    edited July 13
    Got whm at 80 done both ex trails with it, its fun (really a strong healer)

    Now im leveling a blm its lvl 74 atm, dmg is awesome for trash pulls in dungeons I pull out 27k DPS EXPLOSIONNN





  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 32,968
    edited July 13
    Dragnelus said:
    Got whm at 80 done both ex trails with it, its fun (really a strong healer)

    Now im leveling a blm its lvl 74 atm, dmg is awesome for trash pulls in dungeons I pull out 27k DPS EXPLOSIONNN




    Yawn...in POE my Champ Cyclone does over 126K/156K DPS "PER SECOND." (Std/Burst modes)

     B) 

    Oh yes, regarding the OP do weapons in this game really look that silly? Had to laugh.

     Cheers.

    ;)

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 2,984
    Kyleran said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Got whm at 80 done both ex trails with it, its fun (really a strong healer)

    Now im leveling a blm its lvl 74 atm, dmg is awesome for trash pulls in dungeons I pull out 27k DPS EXPLOSIONNN




    Yawn...in POE my Champ Cyclone does over 126K/156K DPS "PER SECOND." (Std/Burst modes)

     B) 

    Oh yes, regarding the OP do weapons in this game really look that silly? Had to laugh.

     Cheers.

    ;)
    No photoshopped it special for you :) hehe

  • Peco115Peco115 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Is a bard a buffer like in ff11 yet? Or is it still a DPS with some buffs attached it?
Sign In or Register to comment.