Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless Online to End Service on September 9th - MMORPG.com

124»

Comments

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Rhoklaw said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Stizzled said:
    Another Asian MMO bites the dust, what a surprise. Sucks for the few that enjoyed the game and stuck with it.

Which will be the next Asian MMO to get hyped up for no reason and then fail horribly?
    Why just Asian? With the number of actual mmorpgs left on the market being pretty low are we not past the East or West thing? ;)
    Mostly because Asian developers are the ones who keep pushing the PvP + cash shop crap, that's why. From ArcheAge, to Black Desert Online, to Blade and Soul, to Bless Online, to Revelation Online. We've already been over this before, countless times in fact. It's a trend that seems to baffle all logic. Just wait till Ascent: Infinite Realm launches and tell me you're surprised their cash shop has P2W elements in it.
    There are Western developers that do the same thing and worse. Played an EA sports game lately? What about Lord British?  APB? Neverwinter? Clash of Clans? Hmmm? 
    To single out one culture for doing something that another also does seems a bit.....borderline. Don't you think?   Careful now. 
    I'm talking about MMORPGs, not sports games, not FPS games and not mobile games. None of the games I listed were anything other than MMORPGs. I don't know anything about Lord British's game as I never played it. I did however play each and every Asian game I listed except Blade and Soul. Every one of them were PvP focused and every one had a cash shop with P2W elements.
    Worth noting that even if you haven't played them, the three titles that were mentioned to you by name are held by asian publishers/corporate owners any ways.
    [Deleted User]
  • CoolmerCoolmer Member UncommonPosts: 14
    LoL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited June 2019
    Come on, we all know this is never the end of it.
    It'll be back next year with a new title and new early access promo!
    Agreed, they'll just relaunch it in a new region, perhaps Greenland or Antarctica?

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited June 2019
    If they didn't crumble on their initial design of the game , I feel they would have done a lot better. Playing watered down versions of Korean titles, might as well play any random generic Korean mmo

I liked the very first version of Bless they showed, and that was the game I wanted to play. They simply gave into peer pressure of an audience who was looking for the game to fail in the first place.

I don't want to play a game I want to play, I want to play the game the developers produced. It is a big difference in those two stances of me, and them. Producers and developers really need to be confindent in what they are creating ,any sign of weakness and places like the mmorpg.com community will pounce the title right into the dumpster.
    We had nothing to do with this game's demise, nor did any other player community. 

They built a crap game, buggy, incomplete, poorly optimised, and launched far too early in S. Korea......and it failed. 

They released the same crap game in Russia....and it failed.  Next came Japan, supposedly with big changes, perhaps, but still same crap game, so it too failed.

So next comes the western release and again they are going to rework the combat, maybe it needed it, perhaps not, but again, instead of fixing all the former issues they again deliver an incomplete bad game under the "early access" label, and it has now failed again.

Sure, I and many others roasted its early access launch, but this studio deserved it, release a crap game again and again, expect no quarter.

Heck, if this community had any sort of influence on the success or failure of any game WOW would have been shut down years ago ...or turned into a sandbox.

;)

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 417
    Asia_CarbonCopy_MMO341_Cancelled
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    DMKano said:
    I thought it was fairly entertaining 1-45 , then they changed the combat and endgame was a hot mess so I quit and never went back to it afterwards.  the game had good potential just bad developers. 

Japanese version was fairly entertaining. 

Steam version was far worse due to Neowiz sheer incompetence where they managed to completely ruin combat in their attempt to "westernize" the game.

Epic fail
     This is true-ish, but the silly thing is, the same combat system, in a nutshell, has been pushed over to Bless Unleashed, but it actually works in that game.  

I know it was made by a different developer, but I find it interesting the combat systems are similar in function.  It just seems like they finally understood how to put together a combo system that makes sense, with complementary skill sets. 

Not that I think Bless Unleashed will do far and away better than Online did, but I do think they've done a much better job in the combat arena. 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• FenixSchisslerFenixSchissler Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I gave Bless online a try at one time but it was hard play since it was poorly optimized. It was hard to play without the game stuttering to death. Going to be honest I'm kinda glad Bless Online is closing.

Maybe the new people behind Bless Unleased can do a better job at it.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    Now that they have abused their players and soaked up all the money they can from this version of the game they can focus on the Xbox version...... inb4 that one shuts down too ;P
    Phry
  • starstorm777starstorm777 Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Glad I tried it when it was free to play and the game royally sucks. How you have to pass elite guards and get ur ass killed to get to a zone you need to be in in the beginning is bullchit. ALSO it's slow as hell and NO one is really playing. Sounds like they ate up everyone's money with that trend "early access cash grab"...NEVER am I doing that again for any game that's not fully developed, even the ones that DO get developed get shut down anyway because of other games even the same comany makes, case in point: PARAGON shut down because of Fortnite bullchitters. Fortnite sucks I tried it and Paragon is so much better and could have been even better. EPIC games can suck my left tit and make my right one jealous. I was an MMO freak for ages, but started recently going back to single player RPGs like Neverwinter Nights, Sacred series, Elder Scrolls, etc. All the online games do is suck u for all ur money and then cancel the game or make you pay a subscription to buy a never ending game. It's time I sit back and play games that have full fledged story lines with beginning middle and end and get a sense of accomplishment. Being an MMO addict for years since Diablo 2 came out (don't hound me about how it's not an MMO, I KNOW)...but yea....I'm taking a break. When they also shut down Everquest Next after sucking out a ton of money from the fans, I stopped playing EQ2 I played since it first came out. And WoW is NO different, sucking ur money for infinite dungeons and raids to get the next best gear that looks like chit. It gets old and I'm getting old, 45 years old and I don't have time for endless same old crap. The MMO genre really needs an overhaul before I come back for more. I currently have a Final Fantasy online sub and Elder Scrolls online and find myself playing more single player games and only logging in for the dailies on the MMOs now. I own almost ALL of them. Black Desert is fun but that gets old too. Hugz to all those who wasted money on this piece of crap and games like it.
    Ungood
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    I thought it was fairly entertaining 1-45 , then they changed the combat and endgame was a hot mess so I quit and never went back to it afterwards.  the game had good potential just bad developers. 

Japanese version was fairly entertaining. 

Steam version was far worse due to Neowiz sheer incompetence where they managed to completely ruin combat in their attempt to "westernize" the game.

Epic fail
     This is true-ish, but the silly thing is, the same combat system, in a nutshell, has been pushed over to Bless Unleashed, but it actually works in that game.  

I know it was made by a different developer, but I find it interesting the combat systems are similar in function.  It just seems like they finally understood how to put together a combo system that makes sense, with complementary skill sets. 

Not that I think Bless Unleashed will do far and away better than Online did, but I do think they've done a much better job in the combat arena. 

No - the combat systems in Bless Unleashed is far far better than  steam version.

Similar in function - sure - but in actual gameplay- one is utter crap (steam version) and one is actually working and fun (unleashed).

Night and day difference. 

Well, I guess the 4th or 5th time is a charm.

;)
    [Deleted User]

• ookibakaookibaka Member UncommonPosts: 38
    " I even gave it nearly 100 hours of gameplay with the hopes that they would improve and update the game. I deeply regret having wasted my money and time on this mess. "

While I am sure you're disappointed in investing in a crappy product, I know if I spend 100 hours on anything, I think my money is well spent if we're talking the price of an average game.
    Kyleran
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Cha-ching.....
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    was a Cash grab , failed in every other country , and yet ppl failed for it
  • illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343
    Almost tried this...glad I didn't.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• PARTIESPLAYINPARTIESPLAYIN Member UncommonPosts: 55
    How about refunds for all the people who actually bought this garbage before it went f2p .
  • bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    WOW.....no way!!! ANOTHER OWPVP game goes T U …….Please devs take the hint that keeps bashing you in the FACE. NO PVP in MMORPGs!!!!
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Actually now that it's closing I am tempted to give it a go.
    You can enjoy a bad game if you keep in mind that you are here just for fun.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    DMKano said:
    How about refunds for all the people who actually bought this garbage before it went f2p .

Lol - what planet are you from?
    People want refunds for something they were warned about for nearly a year after being announced they were going to self publish. Looks like a pre-curser to Astellia sometime next year when they announce shutting down probably.