Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Baldur's Gate III - Announcement Teaser - UNCUT

Comments

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,578
    Gorwe said:

kitarad said:
    Autobuy for me.
    Technically for me too, but I have reservations until I see Avellone's name linked to BG3.
    Not sure we will see Chris attached to this. He is already writing for Fallen Order, Vampire Masq 2, System Shock and Dying Light 2. He is a little busy. Would be nice though to see him take a crack at BG3 for the second time after The Black Hound fell through. (The first BG3 project to be) 
    TorvalGorwe

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,729
    One thing I absolutely love about Larian is they are much like the bright minds of CDProject Red.  They problem solve at a high level to refine gameplay for the player not just to complete the feature and get it out the door.  Divinity is and will be one of my top 10 ARPGs of all time.  That said Original Sin 2 is about as perfect as you get for a CRPG.

I have no doubt that BG3 will have much of the same but refined combat system and if it does then watch out cause this thing is going to be a huge hit.

They know they have a prized IP on their hands, they know they can't fuck it up, they have all the pressure and it will be their biggest project yet.  I'm excited for it, I just hope their story tellers put it into high gear to really fully immerse the player into Forgotten Realms.  The mind flayer invasion is a great start.
    I'm a simple man spoiled from MMOs of the old age.  Looking for a home but deserted.  My heart and time is not worthy for the MMOs of the new age.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 2,972
    I guess I should get on BG 2. . I never got past the first city.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,335
    Corthala said:
    Is that guys shapeshifting into a Mindflayer?
    No exactly, the process is called Ceremorphosis.
    Gorwe said:
    Will it use 5e rules or...? Also, descent into Avernus sounds like a philosophical mumbo jumbo. I much prefer NWN or BG 2 style.
    It will be based on 5e rules.
    TorvalGorwe
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,578
    I like this little comment about BG3....You can buy it where you want. More studios need to take this approach. It is about the consumers of the content not the distributor of the content. 

“It was important to us to tell our players ‘we’re not going to participate in the exclusivity game,’” Larian Studios CEO Swen Vincke

MendelTorvalFlyByKnightMikehaNycteliosRockinw311

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• foxgirlfoxgirl Member UncommonPosts: 86
    They had me at Larian.
    FlyByKnight
  • ShaighShaigh Member RarePosts: 1,966
    I wonder how much it will take of the baldur's gate story and how much will be sword coast hijinks using the bg name for sales. I mostly played 2nd AD&D and 3.0/3.5 ed so not up to date when it comes to 5th edition rules. At least its not 4th edition.

At worst it will be alright so will be worth grabbing it for 50-75 hours of rpg gameplay. 
    The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
  • MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 2,998
    edited June 6
    At this point, this BG3 *could* be almost anything, from a proper BG3 sequel to a continuation of the story with action game-play.  The demo did look impressive, but it could equally be another Assassin's Creed clone.  I need a lot more details before I can get properly interested.

(Did anyone else think Walktapi instead of Mindflayer?)

Edit to add:  There is a Steam page already up and ready.  Not much info there yet, but something to watch.  (and wishlist).

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member RarePosts: 6,751
    OMG. Larian doing BG3. It's like a dream. I'm rarely prone to hype these days, but I am officially hyped.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,760
    Baldur's Gate 1&2  were phenomenal at the time. Probably the best rendition of AD&D rules in a computer game. Really looking forward to this one. The market has been in need of a good d&d game for some time now..
    Mendel
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 15,988
    Nice transformation but i doubt you'll see that in game,instead just a human body with an Octopus head.
    Will the game be any good?Well for me if it is a bunch of linear lanes it will be boring as heck,if it is a wide open world it could be interesting.
    TacticalZombeh

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,469
    Oh Larian. Not only do they have to beat their previous title, DOS2, but also the legacy that is the BG series. I know they can do it, but that is incredible pressure on them.
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,343
    Blur did a nice job with that cinematic. 

Just want to see the actual gameplay first before I get my hopes up
    Gorwe
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,084
    *sees man getting sick and vomiting up black bile*
    Yeah, I get the same way after eating Taco Bell.
    SBFordTacticalZombeh
  • ArteriusArterius Member RarePosts: 930
    I am so excited for this I cried and my wife laughed at me. Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 were the first computer games I have ever played when i was 10 and I loved every minute of them
    Xarktard
    Abimor said:
    I watched the video. does anyone have an idea when it will come out? I enjoyed the first divinity from this studio the second one not so much I felt railroaded down a certain path.   
    A while. They said that they announced early because they like to have their community involved in the process because it worked with Divinity 1 & 2 so I would expect 2021 maybe
    Xarktard
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,343
    edited June 6
    Alverant said:
    *sees man getting sick and vomiting up black bile*
    Yeah, I get the same way after eating Taco Bell.

Interestingly enough I have never gotten sick from eating Taco Bell.

I probably eat there like 2 times per year but still - never got sick

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 686
    About

Damn

Time

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: League of Legends, anything Dark Souls-like, Hearthstone, DDO
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 4,827
    edited June 7
    Larian is a good pick but I would have gone with Obsidian for this. Obsidian already have the Baldur's Gate style pretty much perfected. If Larian makes it cartoony and chunky like Divinity OS I'll be disappointed.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,138
    I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!!!!
    Larian is a good pick but I would have gone with Obsidian for this. Obsidian already have the Baldur's Gate style pretty much perfected. If Larian makes it cartoony and chunky like Divinity OS I'll be disappointed.
    I am sure it will be a different art style. From the way dev's were talking it seems like they are trying to be as faithful as possible. They have wanted to do this for years. I doubt they are going to mess it up to bad as fans of the series themselves.
    Xarktard
  • mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 139
    I am glad to hear it's in the hands of larian. They did a great job with DOS 1 & 2 which are similar genre, though very different ruleset. If it was beamdog would have given it a hard pass.

I don't think 5e would be well suited for a crpg. Advantage and disadvantage work well enough with a story heavy pnp game but might be too limited for a highly customisable and mechanically complex crpg like baldur's gate.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 2,693
    Fuck.  Yes.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,050
    I don't know what kind of game it will be, but I hope it is still crpg top down pause in battle type game. Regardless, this is a pre-order for any in game pets, bonuses, and frills for me.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,050
    Corthala said:
    Is that guys shapeshifting into a Mindflayer?
    Caterpillar tunneled into him and turned him into a mindflayer of some type.