Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Baldur's Gate III - Announcement Teaser - UNCUT

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 2,646
edited June 6 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Baldur's Gate III - Announcement Teaser - UNCUT

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Mars_OrbitalMars_Orbital Member RarePosts: 713
    Never played any of the games, might try this one though.
    "Killed just about everything that walked or crawled at one time or another,and I'm here to kill you Little Bill, for what you did to Ned" - William Munny / Unforgiven .
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member RarePosts: 5,800

LOL

Thank you

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 305
    BIG FAN !!

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 746
    edited June 6
    Best news I've read about an upcoming CRPG in a very long time. Very hyped for this. Now if Larian could only grab the Fallout license, somehow...
    Post edited by Pyuk on
    Phixion13ThupliShodanas

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,572
    Larian’s weakness in my opinion is story telling. One of BG’s strengths was storytelling. I have a feeling this will be good but more reminiscent of IWD than BG 
    TorvalShaighMendelMrMelGibsonWaangastovski1wandericaPhixion13ConstantineMerus

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 5,892
    edited June 6
    HOLY LATHANDER, that was SHOCKING(in all good and disturbing ways)! Instant buy!

<3 <3 <3

(though I'm concerned that the main enemies seem to be Illithid...how are they supposed to stack vs Jonleth + Bodhi or Amelyssan?)
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,212
    edited June 6
    The phrase I like to post here "I'm freaking out" is not enough to describe my excitment. Larian is working on D&D's Forgotten Realm - Baldur's Gate official content. 

Read that out loud and try not to freak out. Because I can't. I just can't. It's just too perfect for this world. Our sins will taint the very existence of this project. I feel I was not good enough to deserve this, oh mighty gods of cRPG - please forgive me.
    Phixion13

Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 26,341

Larian’s weakness in my opinion is story telling. One of BG’s strengths was storytelling. I have a feeling this will be good but more reminiscent of IWD than BG 

sigh. what is IWD?

Nyctelios said:
    The phrase I like to post here "I'm freaking out" is not enough to describe my escitment. Larian is working on D&D's Forgotten Realm - Baldur's Gate official content. 

Read that out loud and try not to freak out. Because I can't. I just can't. It's just too perfect for this world. Our sins will taint the very existence of this project. I feel I was not good enough to deserve this, oh mighty gods of cRPG - please forgive me.
    Give in! You know you want to! Live like a true Dark Eldar! <3
    Nyctelios
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 651
    edited June 6
    @Sovrath
    Probably Icewind Dale

Icewind is one word, but seems there's a habit of capitalizing or separating wind out.
    Sovrath
    Sovrath said:

sigh. what is IWD?
    Ice Wind Dale
    Sovrath

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,333
    edited June 6
    Gorwe said:
    HOLY LATHANDER, that was SHOCKING(in all good and disturbing ways)! Instant buy!

<3 <3 <3

(though I'm concerned that the main enemies seem to be Illithid...how are they supposed to stack vs Jonleth + Bodhi or Amelyssan?)
    In press previews, it is confirmed that the game is set in current FR and that it will follow Murder in Baldur's Gate and Descent into Avernus* 5e modules plot.

Murder in Baldur's Gate brought back Bhaal and killed all the Bhaalspawns (BG1/2 player character is official dead). Descent into Avernus is a trip into the Nine Hells going by the description.

The trailer shows a Nautiloid by the way (it's an Illithid crossing the astral plane).

*release in September.
    NycteliosTorval
  • AbimorAbimor Member UncommonPosts: 474
    I watched the video. does anyone have an idea when it will come out? I enjoyed the first divinity from this studio the second one not so much I felt railroaded down a certain path.   
    I think this is somewhat relevant to this trailer,

• lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 2,458
    Nyctelios said:
    Sovrath said:

sigh. what is IWD?
    Ice Wind Dale
    Good, I much, much prefer the IWD style.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 4,936
    Autobuy for me.
    Nyctelioszigalucard

• Mars_OrbitalMars_Orbital Member RarePosts: 713
    edited June 6

LOL

Thank you
    I was a different kind of pvper in those days. Playing mostly HL Death Match and Counter-Strike , religiously. It wasn't until September 11 , 2001  that all changed when I saw a man plunging head first froma burning tower. It took me almost 15 years to try an play counter-strike "casually". Just find mmorpgs a better escape, and I like the chat.

If itr wasn't for some one in the Late night early morning CS session saying " they flew a plane into the trade center" I would've been oblivious to that days event.

The real kicker was I got Honorarily discharged on June that year.
    "Killed just about everything that walked or crawled at one time or another,and I'm here to kill you Little Bill, for what you did to Ned" - William Munny / Unforgiven .
  • LeiHngWeiLeiHngWei Member UncommonPosts: 62
    That would explain all the Baldur's Gate games on GOG's summer sale.
    kitarad said:
    Autobuy for me.
    The money I'll receive in my next paycheck already vanished from reality. That's how much I'm already sold.

• Tuor7Tuor7 Member UncommonPosts: 808
    Until I see how the finished product looks, my approach will be to be to use the better part of valor and stay away. I'm sure Boo would agree... if he could talk.
    Hariken
  • XarkoXarko Member RarePosts: 1,060
    My hotel's as clean as an elven arse.
    TheDarkrayne
  • Maxstone1Maxstone1 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Well for turn based strategic RPGs, Larian is a good choice as they do the combat well.. the stories have been so-so and except for a few quests didn't really grab me enough to long-haul through them (short attention span gamer with 3-4 on rotation at a time unless it grabs me or I'm sick)..will get it once it's live and the several people review it
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,728
    If this game is remotely close to how well Divinity Original Sin 2 turned out...

They can haz awlllllll my monies.
    Phixion13kjempff
    Raging Demons for all flowchart "Kens". This is a metaphor.
  • CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Is that guys shapeshifting into a Mindflayer?

"you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

One of those great lines from The Secret World

edited June 6
    azarhal said:
    Gorwe said:

<3 <3 <3

In press previews, it is confirmed that the game is set in current FR and that it will follow Murder in Baldur's Gate and Descent into Avernus* 5e modules plot.

Murder in Baldur's Gate brought back Bhaal and killed all the Bhaalspawns (BG1/2 player character is official dead). Descent into Avernus is a trip into the Nine Hells going by the description.

The trailer shows a Nautiloid by the way (it's an Illithid crossing the astral plane).

*release in September.
    Will it use 5e rules or...? Also, descent into Avernus sounds like a philosophical mumbo jumbo. I much prefer NWN or BG 2 style.

kitarad said:
    Autobuy for me.
    Technically for me too, but I have reservations until I see Avellone's name linked to BG3.