Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mods killed it for me / and the patch

Mars_OrbitalMars_Orbital Member RarePosts: 951
edited June 5 in Elder Scrolls Online
mods should never be allowed in any mmorpg. I just spent an hour going from trader to trader just to find the exact same price for anm item I waslooking. The only way this happens is when people are using mods to run market up. 

It is so lame and boring and kills the game and the fun to find that one argain. 

The patch : Garbage, screwed up weapon switching in pvp,delays in skills when weapon switches. 

Taking a break, headed ot Coonquer's Blades'/ scratch that, they are tying to hook the my/con client into thje steam account
"Killed just about everything that walked or crawled at one time or another,and I'm here to kill you Little Bill, for what you did to Ned" - William Munny / Unforgiven .

Block Level : Defcon 4

Comments

• FishForceFishForce Member UncommonPosts: 53
    So how long have you been playing this time then?

• skiidzmanskiidzman Member UncommonPosts: 28
    edited June 7
    mods should never be allowed in any mmorpg. I just spent an hour going from trader to trader just to find the exact same price for anm item I waslooking. The only way this happens is when people are using mods to run market up. 

It is so lame and boring and kills the game and the fun to find that one argain. 

The patch : Garbage, screwed up weapon switching in pvp,delays in skills when weapon switches. 

Taking a break, headed ot Coonquer's Blades'/ scratch that, they are tying to hook the my/con client into thje steam account
    I'm with you brother.  Done with Elder Scrolls Online.

Sick of the bugs, design issues with their systems, lack of immunity timers in PvP.  This game legitimately gets good reviews from people who are happy running around 1 hour a week with a ghost cat.

The game has tremendous flaws, imbalance issues, and its whatever - i've posted 10 bug reports and not one has gotten a reply.  How many hours do I have?  More than you.  I've done all end-game major content and trials as well as tons of open world PvP and battlegrounds.

The support in this game... is non-existant.
  • Mars_OrbitalMars_Orbital Member RarePosts: 951
    I'm stil l playing it . really nothing else to play except Black Desert and I'm going back for while to that one
    "Killed just about everything that walked or crawled at one time or another,and I'm here to kill you Little Bill, for what you did to Ned" - William Munny / Unforgiven .

• Mars_OrbitalMars_Orbital Member RarePosts: 951
    FishForce said:
    So how long have you been playing this time then?

week 5 for me.
    Kyleran

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 26,534
    I agree regarding mods.
    Mars_OrbitalKyleran

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 711
    edited July 12
    I guess it depends on the mod for me. If it helps break the game/cheat, then no. If it improves gameplay in a non-break the game/cheat way, then sure.

Some mods are awesome and I'm not sure why Devs just don't update their game with that mechanic if it improves things in a positive way. Is it an ego thing? Would they need to pay the modder or get their permission first?

Def, if you gamers don't like or are burned out on ESO GTFO to something fun!

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 2,844
    Haven't played in a long time but it was only playable because of mods IMO.  As to OP he is just being overly negative...Iol

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

case: Coolermaster HAF932
    PSU: Antec EA 750watt
    RAM: 4x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
    GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
    cooling: Noctua NH-D14
    storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, samsung evo 860 500gb SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 3,566
    I never liked the trader system in this game, which is a shame because thats always been my fav. part of MMOs. The mods make it at least bearable, but relying on mods just seems like lazy developers to me.
    TorvalOctagon7711moshra

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 32,968
    edited July 12
    I would have thought not having a universal trading house would have tempered some of that sort of activity,  but perhaps not so much?

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,462
    Kyleran said:
    I would have thought not having a universal trading house would have tempered some of that sort of activity,  but perhaps not so much?
    Any serious trader in ESO will have all the trading mods and will set the prices at the going rate. It's just as rare to find bargains in ESO as it is in a full AH game and in both cases it only happens when clueless Joe screws up.

The only difference is that in AH MMOs you can watch it all unfold from your favorite city hub and in ESO you need to teleport around from guild store to guild store to see the same thing.

There are a lot of things I've liked about ESO over the years but the trading system is not one of those.
    TorvalOctagon7711Palebane
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,142
    Iselin said:
    Kyleran said:
    Any serious trader in ESO will have all the trading mods and will set the prices at the going rate. It's just as rare to find bargains in ESO as it is in a full AH game and in both cases it only happens when clueless Joe screws up.

The only difference is that in AH MMOs you can watch it all unfold from your favorite city hub and in ESO you need to teleport around from guild store to guild store to see the same thing.

There are a lot of things I've liked about ESO over the years but the trading system is not one of those.
    Even without mods third party websites would do the same job. It did in Guild Wars. It's a flaw in the system design not just in what the mods can do. I've never been a fan of the trade system in the game. I don't like how it's affected guilds either.
    Octagon7711
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

Torval said:
    Iselin said:
    Kyleran said:

Even without mods third party websites would do the same job. It did in Guild Wars. It's a flaw in the system design not just in what the mods can do. I've never been a fan of the trade system in the game. I don't like how it's affected guilds either.
    The premier trading mod for ESO is just the in-game tool for the website that uses that mod to track prices of anything seen at any guild store by anyone using it. It also displays stats about the item's listed prices in the game.

But you're right, even without the mod you can just go to the website (https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade) and find out what others using the add-on have reported as the selling price for any item you're interested in and where and when that price was seen.
    TorvalKyleran
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,755
    SWG had a nice system, you could advertise, sell out of your own store, and put items in a limited  auction house.  Plus I found a lot of good buys just from word of mouth about crafters who had the best items and crafting materials in the galaxy.  So I think ESO could still add an auction house.  
    IselinTorvalCryomatrixPalebane

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

SWG had a nice system, you could advertise, sell out of your own store, and put items in a limited  auction house.  Plus I found a lot of good buys just from word of mouth about crafters who had the best items and crafting materials in the galaxy.  So I think ESO could still add an auction house.  
    Yeah personal stores in games like SWG and EQ2 I've always liked. I had hopes that housing would have had that personal store option but instead they went with the 99% cosmetic housing system.
    Torval
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,142
    Iselin said:
    Yeah personal stores in games like SWG and EQ2 I've always liked. I had hopes that housing would have had that personal store option but instead they went with the 99% cosmetic housing system.
    I made gazillions in EQ2 just selling popular shinies and green+ drops to decon for mats, not to mention harvest mats themselves. Looking back it's probably my most missed MMO, even more than LotRO.
    Iselinblueturtle13
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 888
    edited July 12
    I mean, even WoW had UI/Lua mods. EQ, EQ2, SWTOR, Rift, a good number of them actually have extensions for such things that people use.

And that bleeds backwards into the games at times with them integrating features from such things into improvements to the base game. Most of the map improvements in WoW followed popular mods.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 4,926
    edited July 12
    You were trying to find a bargain, probably in a main hub, and you won't there, ever. It will always be the standard price. If you go to out of the way guild traders there's a much higher chance you'll find a deal. Especially if no one has flagged it with the Tamriel Trade Centre App yet.

I think Master Merchant and TTC are essential for a proper economy in ESO, personally. Pricing trends are much more useful to everyone instead of random people just putting up random prices. Better for buyers and sellers.

Guild trade system is the worst thing about the game's social features though. When I consider playing it again, the trade system is always one of my reasons not to.

Some stuff in ESO are so badly designed that mods are essential to me. The inventory being one of them. Complete arse ache at endgame trying to organise your sets and stuff, even with the best mods that help do it.
    Palebane
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.