Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ATLAS Mega Update 2 Trailer - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageATLAS Mega Update 2 Trailer - MMORPG.com

Atlas Mega Update #2 has landed on the game's official servers complete with a new boss in an icy lair, new islands to discover, new items, creatures and a bunch of quality of life additions as well.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Looks like actual footage to me. I’m happy for these guys. Hell this is the one game in the works @wizardry likes. That should tell you something.
    Asheram[Deleted User]SovrathCryomatrixcylon8PalebaneMaurgrimRoinsschruppAmatheand 2 others.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    bcbully said:
    Looks like actual footage to me. I’m happy for these guys. Hell this is the one game in the works @wizardry likes. That should tell you something.
    Only issue I have with that is the original trailers said it was actual footage as well and we learned it was anything but that.  Wiz tends to like going against the grain which is fine to do you but at same time I would not base a purchase decision off that.  There are people who enjoyed the movie A Serbian Film but in no way should something like that ever see the light of day.
    The game is as sandbox as it gets. I think that’s why he likes it. If you can think it, there’s probably a way to do it in this one.
    itchmon[Deleted User]
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    Wish it hadn’t launched in such bad shape(granted it was mostly just server related problems) but it sure sucks that game developers don’t get a 2nd chance at a first opinion cause that launch day sure did hurt them badly.

Me and my friends put hundreds and hundreds of hours into atlas but it’s a shame they still don’t really have much content in the game, even after many patches and their 1st mega patch. Once you get the animals you need, your base built and some boats the game is basically done. Traveling to islands is mainly just for resources and that’s it. No other reason really to travel to other islands(except for discoveries for levels). They desperately need to add actual content rather than shiny new toys, animals, etc and add things to go and do, things to acquire(like adding dungeons or islands that have bosses that drop loot, weapons, armor, etc).

Blueprints are fine and dandy but there’s no feeling like looting cool equitable items off stuff.
    sschrupp
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    The game is on sale for $15 not really a bad price for what is there. I dont regret my $25 purchase at launch.
    BruceYeeTokkensschrupp
  • bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204
    Might have to pick this up if I can convince some friends....looks like this could become the real "ready player one" blueprint.....
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Trust me,i could say a million things bad about Snail games and issues i have with this game.
    However it still offers a positive side i enjoy.I really could not explain all the good and bad in a simple post,this developer/publisher can be so frustrating at times it would take a 500 page essay to explain all the ins and outs.

The problem with this game continues to be the stubborn nature of the few people in charge of the decisions.They continue to hold back the potential because of PVP a huge mistake imo.

I still play all the time but only on private servers,the people in charge have NO CLUE how to setup settings and seem to ignore the PVE crowd.

The last poster mentions something that could sum up what this game truly is......
    a BLUEPRINT to something better.The core design and idea behind the game is simply #1 the implementation and settings are hit n miss often times maddening/frustrating.

My point is that THIS is the blueprint to making better mmorpg's,now if we can get a better developer to take this idea and roll with it,give us a BETTER version.

As to Atlas right now,this very minute.,I have been baffled that the developer is actually still working on the game,have fixed numerous bugs "no excuse for releasing so many bugs".My gut feeling is Snail believes it can still attain a lot more sales over time as well Snail keeps using the exact same format in new games so to keep any integrity must keep working on their games.

RexKushman[Deleted User]sschrupp

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ElonMuskElonMusk Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Why does mmorpg even promote these kind of games? These games are extremely dangerous for the gaming community and everyone knows it. I guess when times get rough, you advertise whatever you can.
    bobbymcswansonsschruppzigalucard[Deleted User]
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

ElonMusk said:

I guess when times get rough, you advertise whatever you can.

Because it’s been any different over the last decade? Did u crawl out from under a rock or something?

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    Wife and I enjoyed running a private server for a group of our friends. We all had quite a bit of fun (I have 177 hours). We set it aside for now to let them do some more work on it. The latest 2 "Mega Patches" definitely have some things we'd like to check out soon.

I agree with Wizard that I think the Devs have focused too much on PvP. I feel this game has a lot going for it if they can just work on making more PvE content for it. It would also be nice if they made modifying islands easier, like changing what spawns and where. Although I haven't taken a look at the devkit they released a while back.

As it is, if you enjoy building/survival type games I think a person can easily get their money's worth. With a warning that if you don't like PvP, avoid official servers and find a private server to play on instead.
  • black9iceblack9ice Member UncommonPosts: 154

ElonMusk said:

Why does mmorpg even promote these kind of games? These games are extremely dangerous for the gaming community and everyone knows it. I guess when times get rough, you advertise whatever you can.

I ask myself the same thing. Here we are again looking at a game that is an open world survival sandbox game with servers stitched together. I thought I was on a site about MMORPG's.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Impressive looking trailer..... But who was that scumbag on the cliff lighting someone's roof on fire with a flaming arrow . Not cool
    sschrupp
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

ElonMusk said:

This is a really odd comment.

Dangerous to the gaming community? The moment a site starts deciding what players should or should not see, is the moment we have embraced censorship.

Let the customers decide. I know I have enjoyed things that others have said were quite "less than,." I would not have learned about such games if it wasn't for these sites.

I'm a big boy and can make up my own mind. I'm sure most people would appreciate the same consideration.
    sschruppTacticalZombehAsheram[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo