Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

100% PvP, I can't justify it's not

2»

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 13,041
    edited June 2019
    Too many players with high hopes, I look at it like this. There used to be a genre called adventure games they started as text and ended up like Monkey Island. But they seemed to die out as no new triple AAA ones were being made and there was no indie back then so that was that.

But there were some smaller companies who kept the flame going, making games like Siberia. Then around 2010 some more AAA got made and indie caused an adventure game explosion!

So MMORPG's may rise again, the difference is the older releases are still here which is good as we have something to play but not all good. The problem is that as they were solo games the new wave of adventure games never had to muscle in on the old wave. The new wave of MMORPGs will and we have already seen in AO and SotA that is not easy for indie. For that matter it is not easy for AA either and as for AAA well don't hold your breath. So we will get our new MMOs but they may not be the MMO you want or do that well, but hopefully at least one or two will shine.
    Gdemami

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
     Why are people talking about this dumpster fire of a game, its pointless..
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,186
    edited June 2019
     Why are people talking about this dumpster fire of a game, its pointless..
    Whoa, we're only supposed to create posts which have a point to them?  Suzie might have to delete my post count by about 29,576....no wait, make that 29,577.

:D

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 104
    18 months
    I wouldn't even give it that.
  • SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 104
    jahlon said:

I failed to see anything that looked like an argument for why PvE players would quit?

It's called griefing.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,186
    Soybean said:
    jahlon said:

I failed to see anything that looked like an argument for why PvE players would quit?

It's called griefing.
    Silly rabbit, there can be no griefing in a PVP game, don't you know this by now?

;)

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Torin_KhaosTorin_Khaos Member UncommonPosts: 18
    edited June 2019
    They have a flagging system and "PVP lakes" hardly a 100% open world PVP gankers paradise. Not to mention the chances of this game ever seeing the light of day are astronomical at best.

Since the flagging system does not give you a choice about pvp attacks then yea its a ganker paradise. They will find a way around the A$$hole filter fairly quickly would be my guess. Its what the devs do about it that will make or break the game. 

Like i said as PVE'er i dont mind some pvp really dont want to go back to the days of archage gankfest and wount continue to pay for a sub if thats how it ends up. if i need to defend my city or help the guild or something i am down with some pvp. 
  • ZiltchZiltch Member CommonPosts: 9
    edited July 2019
    *Reads through entire thread*

1. Yes, PvP is on everywhere, except inside your own freehold and if you man a stall in a Node, those are only safe spots :P
    (Node itself not safe, but has guards which will come after you if you attack someone so....) 

2. If you kill green (non-flagged people, aka people who do not fight back, aka gank) you gain corruption, corruption lowers your PvP efficiency and gives you the risk of dropping your gear on death, the higher corruption the more demerit, the higher your level than green person, the more corruption you gain on kill, so ganking/griefing... good luck?

You'll be pretty useless after a few kills if you're ganking low levels.
    You will also be highlighted on map for Bounty Hunters, have PvP Efficiency lowered as heck, and your death penalties will be way higher.

Death penalties include XP debt, xp that needs to be re-earned, before it's paid back your stats will be lowered based on how much XP debt you have.

Which again means, the time it will take for you to recover from your death penalties will be way longer. Oh and only a certain amount of corruption is removed on death, so if you have a lot you might have to die several times.

3. If you die as green, you have higher death penalties than if you're purple (aka flagged for combat aka fight back)

4. this is because they want the entire economy to be connected, meaning you have to take risks if you want to earn anything. 

5. They never said this game is for everyone, they've said this game is not for everyone however.

6. Am not PvPer, am excited for this game.

Kyleran
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 10,150
    Maybe some here should go play LotR