Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rumor: Cyberpunk release in 2020

VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 6,826
Kotaku's Jason Schreier has tweeted that
 "Cyberpunk is absolutely not coming out this year"

Then followed it with a tweet explaining:
  "This has gotten a lot of Reddit attention so some clarity: I've heard from three sources that Cyberpunk was aiming for 2019, but belief around the studio was that it was an unrealistic target. I expect first half 2020 or maybe even an E3 announcement of 2019, then a delay to 2020"

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1134571056335917056?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1134571056335917056

This info is unofficial so it could be wrong. Cyberpunk 2077 will be in E3 2019 in two weeks.

Comments

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    And this is how you damage a game for absolutely no point. 

There is a reason CD Project did not set a release date.

Jason Schreier once every 3 months posts a decent article. The rest of the time he's as useful as the rest of the Kotaku staff.
    Asm0deus
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,811
    HA.
    "Everything that happens is a political act, and the only people that get to pretend otherwise are those privileged enough to not have politics impact them at all." ~Taliesin

"What does it mean to be human? In a time when people's humanity is perennially called into question?"
    - Dr. Cornell West

"Being “colorblind” is not the solution to racism. See people fully. Love people deeply"
    -Bernice King

"Putting a woman, a person of color, a queer character, a disabled character (in games) isn't some agenda, it's making games that reflect the world we live in." 

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, yes you've heard what I've heard

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126
    I think this pretty much comes as zero surprise to anyone.
    [Deleted User]XarkoHatefull

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,170
    I never expected it to release in 2019.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 4,860
    Next he will be saying Mount & Blade Bannerlord wont be releasing in 2019 too.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126
    This also just in, Santa Klaus is not real.
    Should have started that with "SPOILER ALERT" because now my Christmas is ruined. *cries*
    Asheram[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,857
    edited June 2019
    I have been saying this for months on here, reddit, and twitter. We know they are going to announce the release date at E3 and they have been firm when they do it will be within a six to eight month window. That they will delay the game to the first half 2020 if not the second.

We also know that CD Project Red is not working on a PS5 version because they haven't gotten the dev kit yet. We also know the AAA RPG that they are making in 2021 is not just going to be a port of Cyberpunk 2077 to PS5 and Xbox whatever so I don't think they would release 2 big AAA games within a year or months away from each other 

Edit: Dev kit story was from around E3 of last year so odds are they have the dev kits now. I would assume people do if the systems come out next year
    Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox One X)

Currently Reading: Skaven Slayer (Gotrek and Felix Book 2)

Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (3rd Draft)

Currently Watching: Oz (Season 4), Soprano's (Season 1)

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Heartless.
    SBFord[Deleted User]

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,170

Asheram[Deleted User]
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,973
    edited June 2019
    Just got an email stating Steam is now taking preorders.  GoG has it also.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,857
    Arterius said:
    I have been saying this for months on here, reddit, and twitter. We know they are going to announce the release date at E3 and they have been firm when they do it will be within a six to eight month window. That they will delay the game to the first half 2020 if not the second.

We also know that CD Project Red is not working on a PS5 version because they haven't gotten the dev kit yet. We also know the AAA RPG that they are making in 2021 is not just going to be a port of Cyberpunk 2077 to PS5 and Xbox whatever so I don't think they would release 2 big AAA games within a year or months away from each other 

Edit: Dev kit story was from around E3 of last year so odds are they have the dev kits now. I would assume people do if the systems come out next year
    Hey i was mostly right
    Asheram
    Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox One X)

Currently Reading: Skaven Slayer (Gotrek and Felix Book 2)

Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (3rd Draft)

Currently Watching: Oz (Season 4), Soprano's (Season 1)