Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Starbase - Announcement Trailer - A Voxel/Vertex-Based Space MMO

2»

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Quizzical said:
    blamo2000 said:

Eldrach said:

blamo2000 said:

"It will also include a sandbox mode so it can be experienced solo or in small groups."

This sentence doesn't make sense to me. Did the definition of sandbox change again?

I'm thinking that's akin to creative mode or just "offline mode"

Its akin to gibberish. Its like calling offline mode "theme park mode," or "rpg mode," or "Battle Royal mode." A game doesn't become sandbox when you play it on or offline. It is or isn't.
    It fits the "run possibly malicious software in a sandbox" definition, as it allows you to do stuff that you don't want to affect your permanent character on the live servers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandbox_(computer_security)
    Works well in Elite:Dangerous, where you also can play solo, in small selected groups or full online mode.

Have fun

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited June 2019
    Tiller said:
    Those of you who don't want to participate in any PvP, or just plain hate it might want to wait since there are no plans for PvE mode currently.
    That loud slamming noise was the doors of a large segment of this game's potential crafting audience leaving the room. 

Success likely went with them.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Kyleran said:
    Tiller said:
    Those of you who don't want to participate in any PvP, or just plain hate it might want to wait since there are no plans for PvE mode currently.
    That loud slamming noise was the doors of a large segment of this game's potential crafting audience leaving the room. 

Success likely went with them.
    They should make it like EVE where you can mine in safe space or have nullsec 0.0 and that system. I think it works great.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• KruzilKruzil Member UncommonPosts: 95
    We need more Starbase coverage!