Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torchlight Frontiers: The Adept's Path is the Right One

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageTorchlight Frontiers: The Adept's Path is the Right One

The most recent patch to the Torchlight Frontiers Alpha fixes what could likely be the biggest problem I’ve had with the Action RPG MMO – character progression. While it’s still a work in progress (it is Alpha), the new and more traditional skill trees and levels prove that Torchlight Frontiers doesn’t need to reinvent the wheel to make an impact.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    edited May 2019
    After that train wreck of a class.. This game is slowly turning out to be a joke and is nothing compared to the epic games Torchlight 1+2 were. its a shame really.
    Post edited by Mensur on
    elveonejarsku85

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Mensur said:
    After that train wreck of a class.
    I see what you did there.
    GorweMensurceh430sakinol
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    i wish they'd be a bit less restrictive with the build customization, that kind of game gets repetitive quickly, without replayability value, it won't survive

if you check PoE every single build is unique, and you can customize existing builds too, wich offer lot of liberty and freedom, you play the way you want, you are not forced in a specific archetype

taking Diablo 3 as an inspiration is a huge mistake
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512

Gorwe said:

Mensur said:

After that train wreck of a class.. This game is slowly turning out to be a joke and nothing compared to the epic game Torchlight 1 which I really liked. Shame..

You should really try TL2, it's even better than 1!

With that said /yawn, if I want Torchlight, I'll stick with the fantastic entries already present. Why'd I want an online* Torchlight?

*ok, it's not an MMO or anything like it, it should play like Path of Exile or Guild Wars 1 what with all the hub / instance design. Still, no modding etc = rip.

Wait..they made Torchlight 2?!?!?

:-D just kidding. Played that one as well should have added 1 + 2.
    Gorwe

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I was so into this game at first. But now not so much because i just know PWE is going fill it with loot boxes.
    elveoneMensur
  • FellintentFellintent Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I honestly liked the train mechanic and class. I've had alot of fun playing in alpha so far. I will admit to being somewhat skeptical of PWE given how P2W their other free to play titles have been PWI for example. I'm willing to give Torchlight Frontiers the benefit of the doubt though given how much fun both the previous Torchlight Titles have been though.
    [Deleted User]
    "If you're going through hell, keep going!"
    -The great Winston Churchill-