Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wild West Online Email

ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,840
Just got an email from Wild West Online the first in at least year. Turns out they changed the name to Wild West Online and are trying to pass it off as a new game. If i log in before June 1st I get  a whole host of extra goodies for backing the game a few years ago. Looking into it, it seems like the same game but with a BR mode.

https://playwwo.com/
Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox One X)

Currently Reading: Skaven Slayer (Gotrek and Felix Book 2)

Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (3rd Draft)

Currently Watching: Oz (Season 4), Soprano's (Season 1)

Comments

• ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,840
    Arterius said:
    Just got an email from Wild West Online the first in at least year. Turns out they changed the name to Wild West Online and are trying to pass it off as a new game. If i log in before June 1st I get  a whole host of extra goodies for backing the game a few years ago. Looking into it, it seems like the same game but with a BR mode.

https://playwwo.com/
    I am sorry they changed the name to New Frontier... Was going to edit but edit button is gone for me again

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,039
    Lame!

I'd love a western MMO. But not a survival game pretending to be an MMO.
    madazz said:
    Lame!

I'd love a western MMO. But not a survival game pretending to be an MMO.
    The funny thing is originally it was much more supposed to be a sandbox MMO with strong PVP elements

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,192
    edited May 2019
    Sergey Titov

But when this was originally pointed out, people were actually chastised on here for discussing his relationship to the project...

This was so predictable...
    ScorchienTorvalPanther2103ArteriusRexKushmanRhygarthKyleran

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,974
    Sergey Titov

But when this was originally pointed out, people were actually chastised on here for discussing his relationship to the project...

With the amount of gaslighting going on in these forums lately over industry bad practices if you light one critical match the entire place blows up with NIMBY ostriches sticking their heads in the sand. And people marvel that bad actors keep acting bad.

While they're at it the OP and others might want to check out and buy into this latest gem: https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/btm5bn/dont_buy_xera_survival_scam/

Slapshot1188
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,569
    edited May 2019
    Sergey Titov

I just don't know how people keep buying the crap. The second people saw Sergey was involved the game should have been over, but somehow it wasn't. The War Z changed names and rereleased what, 3 times? With almost 0 changes? This won't be any different.

EDIT: I just looked on steam again, I think it's 4 times they have rereleased it now. It's now Infestation : The New Z.
    TorvalSlapshot1188
    Sergey Titov

I just don't know how people keep buying the crap. The second people saw Sergey was involved the game should have been over, but somehow it wasn't. The War Z changed names and rereleased what, 3 times? With almost 0 changes? This won't be any different.

EDIT: I just looked on steam again, I think it's 4 times they have rereleased it now. It's now Infestation : The New Z.
    To be fair I wasn't on here when I originally bought the game and had no idea who Sergey Titov was until right now when looking him up haha. I feel like I wasted $100 but at the end of the day that was when I had a little extra money to spend it was so long ago that I am not to mad about it. Just found it more funny then anything else. Like they were trying to sell me on some crazy new idea that I could be apart of
    Panther2103

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 4,255
    "THUNDERSTORMS, MONSTERS

Magic storms tear down land of New Frontier. Mystical creatures from another plane are entering our world to hunt and destroy. Be one who will protect your new land, and slay hellish monsters."

Cowboys vs Aliens?

Arterius