Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Season 4 chapter 6

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
there is a new chapter out, i returned from eso to play it..
its as good or better then ever...

a big open zone, nice story,.. worth returning for (as i allways do)

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

rojoArcueidmmolouOctagon7711

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Yep, played the story and had a good time with it.  Went to do the Skyscale mount achievement, looked at the very very very long list of requirements and after testing out flying nesting Skyscales, decided it wasn't worth the work. 

Just getting that mount could be an entire living story all by itself.  You have to cure them, save them, and go through all the steps of raising one and making a saddle before you get one.  Work doesn't equal reward for me.  So that's two on the list of mounts I won't be getting so far.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Fun thing, so much hope there, and then it all fell apart

i feel sad for the current direction
    no expansion pack
    uninspiring masteries
    and no new elite specializations..

seems Anet is pushing some things they had on the shelves.
    and might be calling i final game after that?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Nyctelios said:

no expansion pack
    uninspiring masteries

Anet had a secret project axed and many lay offs. They are kinda... having a hard time.
    If they don’t fix these things fast
    they might have a death game at their hands
    if rumor spreads people will leave
    a rumorof them having a hard time and not enough resources left to keep on the same level

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Nyctelios said:

no expansion pack
    uninspiring masteries

Anet had a secret project axed and many lay offs. They are kinda... having a hard time.
    If they don’t fix these things fast
    they might have a death game at their hands
    if rumor spreads people will leave
    a rumorof them having a hard time and not enough resources left to keep on the same level
    The layoffs were last year (in February 2019) and related to a cancelled project that had nothing to do with GW2 dev team. I'm not sure why people still brings that up.

The real shake-up was Mike O'Brien (Anet president) leaving the company in October 2019. That lead to an internal restructuration which probably caused slow down in development as some people decided to leave the company (either to join Mike at his new studio or try other stuff) and others ended up in new roles.

I expect them to fall back on their feet in 2020 as things settle downs.

I don't expect any new expansion, as Anet never wanted to make them and I get the feeling NcSoft doesn't really care anymore as mobile and console exclusives makes them more money than a GW2 expac ever did.
  • nickmel67nickmel67 Newbie CommonPosts: 2

Benefits of using React

There are several benefits of using React for building web applications:

1. Reusable components - React development service components are reusable, which means that developers can create a component once and use it multiple times throughout the application.

2. Virtual DOM - React's Virtual DOM makes updates more efficient and faster, resulting in a better user experience.

3. Easy to learn - React has a simple API and syntax, making it easy to learn for developers with a basic understanding of JavaScript.

4. SEO-friendly - React's server-side rendering allows search engines to crawl and index the application's content, making it more SEO-friendly.

5. Large community - React has a large and active community of developers who contribute to its development, provide support, and share their knowledge and expertise.