Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inside Star Citizen: 890 Reasons | 3.5 Ep. 4 - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageInside Star Citizen: 890 Reasons | 3.5 Ep. 4 - MMORPG.com

If it's Friday, this must be the latest Star Citizen development update. "In this week's update, ship components take a lickin', we delve deep into some core tech, and begin a guided tour of the 890 Jump," the description reads. The 890 Jump is one of the premium ships that, according to Star Citizen Wiki, requires an $890 pledge.

Read the full story here

WalkinGlenn

Comments

• foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Welcome to Star Citizen, the country club, 90210, Mar a Lago of space gaming perpetually pretty but always just on the horizon. I tried their most recent "fly free" days after viewing a bit of SC on Twitch. I suffered terrible lag so didn't play much, but I'm sure that's because of my 3-4 year old gaming rig. Good luck to all those SC supporters.
    Seelinnikoi
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    edited May 2019
    This game xD havent they gotten enough money? the cost of that ship is outrageous!
    Seelinnikoi
  • AwakenWarriorAwakenWarrior Member UncommonPosts: 49
    $890 seriously? It's so expensive! Is this ship as cool as expensive?
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    edited May 2019
    I hope this game is either free to play/cost so much that no one buys it. Just as a FU to early adopters/people wanting to play. 890 reasons but common sense ain't one!
    SeelinnikoiSolancer
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 487
    Chris "Rob" erts
    SeelinnikoiWalkinGlenn
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited May 2019
    I wish I could ignore all bullspit on this site that is Star Citizen. Biggest scam in the history of PC gaming. "A fool and his money...."
    SeelinnikoicmacqWalkinGlennMrMelGibson
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Looks awesome as usual from CIG!! but i ain't spending real money on it! Thanks for all the supporters making this game a reality tho!
    CacolacoErillion
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    And people complain about the costs in mobile gaming...
    Hatefull

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I'll buy this ship on sale from the in-game store using in-game currency some day.

Gut ouT!
    Erillion

What, me worry?

• SephrusSephrus Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Where are the SC diehards all hiding to try and Robertsplain the reason for the cost and how it's actually a really great deal. Please buy moar pixels, maybe when I hit retirement age in 25 years the game will be done and I can pay my 40 bucks and play.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Wargfoot said:

The ship is for sale, but it is still being designed?

The ship has been designed yes. Its in final art stage now
    JoeBlober

Voidfarer said:

Wargfoot said:

The ship is for sale, but it is still being designed?

The ship has been designed yes. Its in final art stage now

They do however also have concept sales! Which they asked the community whether they should keep doing them and the community said yes!
    JoeBlober
  • CacolacoCacolaco Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Love how ambitious and detail oriented this project is. I honestly hope they continue to receive whatever funding they need to "finish" it. Honestly, the people buying ships like the 890 Jump know that they are funding the game, primarily. I really don't understand anyone wanting to see Star Citizen fail.
    VoidfarerJoeBloberSpriggen1337XarktardMrMelGibson

I'm just waiting for a F2P overhyped sandbox WoW clone with full PVP, epic raid bosses, instanced group content, and Crysis-quality graphics to come out. That, or something fun.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    CIG should do a monthly documentary on the ree-rees who "support" the game to the tune of over $1000.

That way they can make money from gamers who haven't lost a chunk of their brain. I know I'd watch a couple episodes.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    $890 seriously? It's so expensive! Is this ship as cool as expensive?
    I can't believe anyone would ever even consider something like that.
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

This game xD havent they gotten enough money? the cost of that ship is outrageous!

Outrageous? You DON'T have to pledge more than 35/45$ starter package. ORG do have up to +10.000 members so they can afford to spend more pledges... This is a fraction of $ per heads
    XarktardMrMelGibsonErillion

foppotee said:

Welcome to Star Citizen, the country club, 90210, Mar a Lago of space gaming perpetually pretty but always just on the horizon. I tried their most recent "fly free" days after viewing a bit of SC on Twitch. I suffered terrible lag so didn't play much, but I'm sure that's because of my 3-4 year old gaming rig. Good luck to all those SC supporters.

Luck is not involved at all man :) A mid-range PC (I5 4 cores and GTX 1070 is delivering between 40 to 70 fps, right now in not optimized Alpha state .
    XarktardErillion

I hope this game is either free to play/cost so much that no one buys it.
    Just as a FU to early adopters/people wanting to play.

890 reasons but common sense ain't one!

Free you mean a team of +500 devs work for free? This is 35/45$ pledge, less than most triple-A around, including Fallout 76 and Anthem Lol
    XarktardErillion

Viper482 said:

I wish I could ignore all bullspit on this site that is Star Citizen. Biggest scam in the history of PC gaming.

"A fool and his money...."

A naysayer and its uneducated behavior... colaaspe when already? 90 days tyop! Back in 2015... Beta (SQ42) in 5 quarters. Keep serving yours scam and ponzi Lol
    Xarktard

Sephrus said:

Where are the SC diehards all hiding to try and Robertsplain the reason for the cost and how it's actually a really great deal. Please buy moar pixels, maybe when I hit retirement age in 25 years the game will be done and I can pay my 40 bucks and play.

SO low level trolling man...
    Xarktard
  • April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316

JoeBlober said:

Outrageous? You DON'T have to pledge more than 35/45$ starter package. ORG do have up to +10.000 members so they can afford to spend more pledges... This is a fraction of $ per heads

No but thats the point blobbers, pull you in for cheap and before you know it you are splashing out on a $890 ship and then you realise you spent a few K, saving's are gone and you have nothing but a Alpha tech demo to show for it or in some cases a .jpg

I got my Intel Sabre for free and thank the gods, alpha is no excuse for the amount of time they have had, it plays like crap and is buggy to the core.

Almost 7 years and nothing to really show for it lol, Dam its so funny how you believers still try peddle your snake oil to try pull more innocents into your own demise.

Prices will continue to rise as people wake up from this cult and they will need to bleed the remainers and whales for even more to keep the lights on, not just in the studio but a certain $4.7m house.

You defiantly drank the coolade a longtime ago or work for CIG chris? but I know for a fact from developers who work in Manchester on this train wreck that have told me enough not to have any faith in chris roberts or this product.

SERIOUSLY if anyone is considering putting money into this mess then DONT! Just wait for the release and sit on your money, if it does release then good for you and spend some cash but dont put money in to loose it when it crashes and burns!

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

• DEXA88DEXA88 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    That guy ought to be sued !
    etlarErillion
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    this become just stupid and outrageous!
    i follow this weekly info and the blabla around scam or not but here, we hit something!

DONT invest a single penny in this thing, it's a trap!
  • justintbhsjustintbhs Member UncommonPosts: 80
    I mean I would keep selling unreleased pixels if morons kept paying for it.
    WhiteLantern