Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you play a 2D MMORPG In 2019?

13»

Comments

• DibdabsDibdabs Member UncommonPosts: 2,810
    I don't even look at them.  I didn't get a good graphic card and 32 gig of RAM in order to play 2d games.  :)
    Amathe
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,159
    edited May 15
    Dibdabs said:
    I don't even look at them.  I didn't get a good graphic card and 32 gig of RAM in order to play 2d games.  :)

Gameplay > all

Having a nice game PC only enables you to play more demanding games at higher settings.

It doesnt limit you from playing low demand games at all - 2d games would play just fine as well heh
    Nepheth
  • AmatheAmathe Member EpicPosts: 4,883
    I suppose, on a day when I was tremendously bored, I might still play a side scrolling hop and bop in 2019. But I would have to pass over a LOT of other choices to get there. Same for 2D mmos.  
    Dibdabs

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,953
    4507 said:
    Assuming it had innovative and deep gameplay with a non-P2W business model, could you get over such a game having 2D graphics, either isometric or Gauntlet-style topdown? 

I would love a full-blown Diablo 2-style MMORPG. However, if it looks like Final Fantasy from the NES, I wouldn't be into it.

I WAS, however, interested in Smedley's Hero's Song game.
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 1,978
    No.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 15,900
    Buy a game that tries to sell me ancient 1980's tech,does a LOT less than it should because of it's 2D design,why would i buy it?
    It is like asking if i would pay more for something less,it is pretty much a no brainer.I mean you could argue ...well what if it was a really good well design game,well then i would say give me that same well designed game in a modern engine with modern tech.
    Dibdabs

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,034
    I would if it was fun. Games don't have to be 3D to look good.
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 3,512
    Yes I would.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 6,739
    Ashen Empires? I think that was the one that was a pretty good 2D MMO.
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 4,182
    I am desperate enough to do so, yes, but I doubt it would help.

Vanguard has spoiled me.
    Please set a sig so I can read your posting even if somebody "agreed" etc with it. Thanks.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 6,735
    Myrdynn said:
    if Diablo 3 and POE, Grim Dawn are considered 2D then absolutely

That's true but I like a 3/4th aspect over top down 2D.

• TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Sure as long as the art style clicks with me, the story is good and the gameplay is on point... why not. I still play 'classic' games and their graphics don't throw me off. The early 3D era is harder to appreciate though. :p
    Amaranthar
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,109
    If its the same kind of content but made for 2d then I wouldnt.

to play a 2d game then a single player story, or a puzzle game, or something tailored specifically as a 2d game.

Playing something that is 2d combat, mindlessly killing NPCS for exp, for x amount of hours per day... I dont think I can do that. 

I simply do not have the patience for that.
    AlBQuirky

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”