Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW Classic Interview: Release Date & Preserving a Legend - MMORPG.com

Comments

• DeyirnDeyirn Member UncommonPosts: 436
    I AM SO EXCITED!!!
    blamo2000

• DarkestOverlordDarkestOverlord Member UncommonPosts: 545
    It sounds great but i dont want to a stick in the mud here but i dont think it will hold for long..it will be 3-4 month and then peoiple gets tired of it..thats just my fortune telling
    starstorm777

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 885
    blamo2000 said:
    I am not happy about this news.  I really thought this was going to be a July release, early June latest.  Late August is ridiculous.  Its like all the companies making games that I am interested all conspire to have years long stretches of nothing for me, then a small window far in the future where they all plan on releasing the games I want all at the same time.  And then they all laugh and high-five each other and throw darts at a picture of my face.
    Yes I bet they all think of Blamo2000 on mmorpg.com when deciding what date they go with. 

In all honesty though I would rather this launch be late August and stable, than a rushed June / July and have all kinds of issues. 
    Don't forget them laughing, high-fiving, and throwing darts at a picture of my face.  That's the really interesting and malicious part of the devs in this conspiracy and you just pretended like I didn't say something far more crazy than the part you focused on.  

And yeah, I've heard this since the internet became big.  I, personally, would rather have access to a game I want to play much sooner with slightly more issues and bugs, than access later with slightly less bugs and issues.

I'm not in the majority.  I know that.  But that doesn't mean my want is less valid.
    Panther2103Torval
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 33,617
    I'm one of the five people not excited by the news.  WOW Classic isn't what I'm looking for, which always was a FFA PVP server with some territory control.

I really thought they one day would provide this option as prior to WOW most first gen titles offered such a server, but it never materialized. 

Good luck to all those who are looking forward to revisiting their old homes.

TorvalbcbullyMrMelGibson

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 885
    Kyleran said:
    I'm one of the five people not excited by the news.  WOW Classic isn't what I'm looking for, which always was a FFA PVP server with some territory control.

I really thought they one day would provide this option as prior to WOW most first gen titles offered such a server, but it never materialized. 

Good luck to all those who are looking forward to revisiting their old homes.

I think the pool of people not excited about it is much higher than five people.  Much, much higher.  I think there are far more people furious people are excited about a game they think is taking the broader mmo genre back instead of what they consider forward, or even just that it isn't implementing all the changes they've successfully yelled and whined to have put in games over the years (like cosmetic shops, achievements, etc) that don't seem to matter to a rather large population of people excited for wow classic, that it is breaking their brains.  

But, I appreciate and respect the fact that this isn't the game for you and you could express it in a way that doesn't include telling me that you really know what I like or don't like.  
    Zeneren
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,837
    Deyirn said:
    I AM SO EXCITED!!!
    AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT !!! 
    PpiperHalibrandManWithNoTanMadFrenchie
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• dekkion1dekkion1 Member UncommonPosts: 136
    edited May 14
    here's the thing.
    i too was a vanilla wow player.....my starting server back in 2004 was anvilmar.....
    my ending server was medivh. i to played with miss Lea who saved my ass more than once in the game.
    i also remeber when Final fantasy 11 came out in 2001 every one was playing that faithfully everyday after school...for yrs....until wow hit the scene!!!! then i watched ff11's demise.....they just never came back they went to wow and stayed .
    my point is going back is good cause u remeber how things use to be. but wow has come a long way!!!!
    and some of us want to move foward !!!not go back. i mean i get it....but i bought a 5k gaming rig to play the high end games comming out in 2020..not to try and run 32bit games that after playing games in 4k rezz for the last 2yrs that would be a wierd adjustment lol ...put it this way im sure most peeps would rather see wow run in dx 12 vulcan with new character models rather than in the old 32bit models. and call it wow 2020. now that would be exciting. but i do get it..........but its almost 2020 guys the tech age!! not 2004. i mean dont cha think its time to move foward. i mean my dad just bought a tesla 3....I HATE IT. i liked our old car....he said its time to move foward ...i said yea...right dad.
    Post edited by dekkion1 on
    HalibrandDeyirnZenerenTacticalZombeh
    gammer 4 life
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 33,617
    SBFord said:
    August 27th, folks! Who's stoked!? :)
    Point of order, for those in the US we get it on August 26th..this from MassivelyOP.

": World of Warcraft Classic is now set to launch on August 27th – actually, in the US, it’s the evening of August 26th “to align with other regions.” "

;)

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 354
    As  "For the Horde", motly crew of otherworld  invaders and people that don't know to stay dead once they are killed, ie  the Forsaken.   FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!!!!!

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126
    edited May 14
    Kyleran said:
    SBFord said:
    Point of order, for those in the US we get it on August 26th..this from MassivelyOP.

": World of Warcraft Classic is now set to launch on August 27th – actually, in the US, it’s the evening of August 26th “to align with other regions.” "

;)
    The press announcement said the 27th as did the image we were given in the press package from the event. So I'm going with that. There's a link to the blue post with the time zone releases worldwide that people can make reference to.

Given that 99.2% (yes, I made this number up) of the world launches Classic on the 27th and 3 time zones in the US launch on the 26th, I figured the 27th was statistically more accurate.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• HalibrandHalibrand Member UncommonPosts: 122

Kyleran said:

SBFord said:

;)

Point of order:

There's no talking outside of 'Point of Order'.

End Point of Order.
    TorvalLeiros
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,433
    This sounds rushed. No proper testing time.
    JeffSpicoliGdemamiLeiros
  • StizzledStizzled Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Albatroes said:
    Three and a half months isn't long enough to test a 15 year old game?

It won't be perfect on release, nothing ever is, but I'm sure it will have had enough internal and external testing by August.
    mike32927
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    I got some real life friends looking to jump into this, too.  One is building a PC for to be ready when it drops as we speak.

Interesting times.
    JeffSpicoli

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,837
    edited May 14
    I got some real life friends looking to jump into this, too.  One is building a PC for to be ready when it drops as we speak.

Interesting times.
    He's building a PC  for classic WOW ? WTF ?! I played this shit on a gateway with on board graphics card. Iron Forge was a slide show and i loved every minute of it. 

Panther2103ArteriusMadFrenchie
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,433
    edited May 14

Stizzled said:

Albatroes said:

Three and a half months isn't long enough to test a 15 year old game?

It won't be perfect on release, nothing ever is, but I'm sure it will have had enough internal and external testing by August.

Remove the excitement for a bit and look at 2 main points: 1) the cbt 'phase(s)' are 'small-scale, focused closed betas (nothing really new),' 2) >>> Participants will also need to have an active subscription or active game time on their Battle.net Account. <<<. Tin-foil hat theory, they're trying to raise their quarterly numbers. If this was going to be properly tested, it would've honestly started earlier this year. Vanilla wow isn't exactly small...
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,216

Interesting times.
    He's building a PC  for classic WOW ? WTF ?! I played this shit on a gateway with on board graphics card. Iron Forge was a slide show and i loved every minute of it. 

I played it on a gateway with onboard as well. I remember how bad it was loading into Orgrimmar and having it take upwards of 5 minutes to get to a stable 10 fps. It was beautiful. 
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,019

Renfail said:

Our Saga of Lucimia gaming community is already 50 strong and growing :) We can't wait. 

FOR THE ALLIANCE! :) 

Alliance was only good after getting Draenei and Worgen. Prior to that, the only decent race were NE. Who wants to play a stupid human or gnome lol. Especially when you can be an Orc, Tauren or undead. Horde>Alliance.
    SBFordZeneren
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,497
    I've been a Member here since Sep 2004 and Closed Beta of WoW. I have followed everything about WoW here over the years, some I responded to others I just lurked.
    I am beyond excited to go back in Time with MMORPG and Classic. <3
    mike32927

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,462
    If the servers don't launch with super long login queues and servers buckling under the pressure, I want nothing to do with it.

ALL OR NOTHING!
    KyleranCazrielTacticalZombeh

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,533
    Halibrand said:

Kyleran said:

SBFord said:

;)

Point of order:

There's no talking outside of 'Point of Order'.

End Point of Order.
    The First Rule of "Point of Order" Club...
    Halibrandgervaise1
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,533

Renfail said:

Our Saga of Lucimia gaming community is already 50 strong and growing :) We can't wait. 

Alliance was only good after getting Draenei and Worgen. Prior to that, the only decent race were NE. Who wants to play a stupid human or gnome lol. Especially when you can be an Orc, Tauren or undead. Horde>Alliance.
    YOU TAKE THAT BACK! You insensitive clod.
    MadFrenchieZenerenCazrielMrMelGibsonTacticalZombeh
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 6,155

Renfail said:

How many Night Elves does it take to shingle a roof?

Depends how thin you slice them  >:)
    TorvalMrMelGibsonTacticalZombehgervaise1

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 2,806
    I'll at least try it when it releases, but from the beta previews I just can't......the combat/animations just did not age well lol.  
    Zeneren
  • DeyirnDeyirn Member UncommonPosts: 436
    edited May 14

dekkion1 said:

here's the thing.

i too was a vanilla wow player.....my starting server back in 2004 was anvilmar.....

my ending server was medivh. i to played with miss Lea who saved my ass more than once in the game.

i also remeber when Final fantasy 11 came out in 2001 every one was playing that faithfully everyday after school...for yrs....until wow hit the scene!!!! then i watched ff11's demise.....they just never came back they went to wow and stayed

my point is going back is good cause u remeber how things use to be. but wow has come a long way!!!!

and some of us want to move foward !!!not go back.
    i mean i get it....but i bought a 5k gaming rig to play the
    high end games comming out in 2020..not to try and run 32bit games that after playing games in 4k rezz for the last 2yrs that would be a wierd adjustment lol

...put it this way im sure most peeps would rather see wow run in dx 12 vulcan with new character models rather
    than in the old 32bit models. and call it wow 2020.
    now that would be exciting.
    but i do get it..........but its almost 2020 guys the tech age!!
    not 2004.
    i mean dont cha think its time to move foward.
    i mean my dad just bought a tesla 3....I HATE IT.
    i liked our old car....he said its time to move foward ...i said yea...right dad.

You sound like someone is forcing you to play Classic. But nobody is forcing you to play it. But on the other hand, the Vanilla players have been forced for 12 years to play a game they don't like. So I think it's fair that they get what they wanted for so long. You can play your Retail WoW, keep moving forward with your $5000 computer into "the 2020" and just don't bother us Vanilla players with yourself, just like we won't bother you with ourselves, because we will be too busy playing Classic and having fun. Deal?
    baphametLeirosZenerenTacticalZombeh