Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Final Fantasy VII Remake - Teaser Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 3,129
edited May 9 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Final Fantasy VII Remake - Teaser Trailer

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126
    This ought to get some folks hot & bothered. :D
    OG_ZorvanmoshraotakuishiwingoodinfomatzMrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 1,849
    edited May 10
    I remember buying the PS1 for Final Fantasy VII after seeing a demo. I bought the PS2 specifically for Final Fantasy X. I even bought the PS3 for Final Fantasy XIII ( and regretted it, as XIII wasn't exactly stellar and PS3 did not have the benefit of an rpg library the likes of PS1 and PS2 ). There hasn't been a Final Fantasy since that I would buy a console, or any other expensive piece of hardware, for. FFVII: Remake might have got me to scrounge up a used PS4 at least when it's fully released ( not doing that episodic crap ), but it's going to be on PC, so no need. Another reason I'm waiting on purchase isn't the episodic nonsense, but whether or not they do more "reboot" than remake. I don't want the flavor and politics of 2019 shoveled into this game, I want the flavor and politics of 1996 left just where they were with a shiny new coat of pixels.
    Phryalkarionlogbahamud

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

• AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Can't wait to play this in 4K!
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 2,946
    Nice, will it be on PC or ps4 only?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

case: Coolermaster HAF932
    PSU: Antec EA 750watt
    RAM: 4x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
    GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
    cooling: Noctua NH-D14
    storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, samsung evo 860 500gb SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

• TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 7,959
    PS4 exclusive. I guess I should expect a year or so after release on that platform to make it's way to PC.
    Torval

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 2,946
    Tiller said:
    PS4 exclusive. I guess I should expect a year or so after release on that platform to make it's way to PC.
    Oh well I will wait, not buying consoles anymore.
    Gentrifried_ChickenTillerPhryOG_Zorvanalkarionlog

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

case: Coolermaster HAF932
    PSU: Antec EA 750watt
    RAM: 4x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
    GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
    cooling: Noctua NH-D14
    storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, samsung evo 860 500gb SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

• ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 1,845
    Excited to play this on PS4 Pro I never played the original and though all the twists and turns are just about spoiled I find myself looking foward to this remake none the less
    infomatzrojoArcueid
  • volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 414
    Not sure but is this still turned base or action like some of the more recent FF games?

voltt said:

Not sure but is this still turned base or action like some of the more recent FF games?

Seems to be like the combat of Kingdom hearts when you slow down the trailer. The R2 and L2 buttons switch characters, you press L1 to bring up a sub menu with quick access to select magic or items. Square seems to be a basic attack and Triangle seems to be a heavy attack.
    infomatz
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 7,959
    Asm0deus said:
    Tiller said:
    Oh well I will wait, not buying consoles anymore.
    That's funny, I made that statement (assuming someone would ask the question), not knowing you actually did because when I hit reply your question wasn't there. :D
    Asm0deus

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 437
    I don't care what this is on, I will be buying it day one.. special edition! 
    infomatz
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,356
    Capcom absolutely nailed how to do a remake with Resident Evil 2. Really wish Square-Enix had taken a page from them. That doesn't look like the type FF7 I'd want to spend my money on. Looks like that uninteresting stuff that gave us FF13 and FF15.

Can't wait to see if Capcom does a remake for Resident Evil 3.
    bahamud

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 2,953

OG_Zorvan said:

I remember buying the PS1 for Final Fantasy VII after seeing a demo. I bought the PS2 specifically for Final Fantasy X. I even bought the PS3 for Final Fantasy XIII ( and regretted it, as XIII wasn't exactly stellar and PS3 did not have the benefit of an rpg library the likes of PS1 and PS2 ). There hasn't been a Final Fantasy since that I would buy a console, or any other expensive piece of hardware, for. FFVII: Remake might have got me to scrounge up a used PS4 at least when it's fully released ( not doing that episodic crap ), but it's going to be on PC, so no need. Another reason I'm waiting on purchase isn't the episodic nonsense, but whether or not they do more "reboot" than remake. I don't want the flavor and politics of 2019 shoveled into this game, I want the flavor and politics of 1996 left just where they were with a shiny new coat of pixels.

I also bought a PS1 soley to play FF7. My PS1 library then blossomed into a beautiful display of some of the finest JRPGs ever made.
    rojoArcueidOG_ZorvanMrMelGibsonbahamud

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,366
    Roin said:
    Capcom absolutely nailed how to do a remake with Resident Evil 2. Really wish Square-Enix had taken a page from them. That doesn't look like the type FF7 I'd want to spend my money on. Looks like that uninteresting stuff that gave us FF13 and FF15.

Can't wait to see if Capcom does a remake for Resident Evil 3.
    Agreed with regards to FF13...that was all a shitshow imho.

However, I did enjoy FF15 for one critical reason...I gave a shit about the characters by the end of it.

To me, FF has always been about story and characters...the gameplay was always fairly simplistic. FFX allowing you to swap out party members during the fight added the first real level of turn-based complexity and flexibility. Before that, I just ended up using the same three characters all the time while the other just seem to sit back and watch the fighting.

I will say this about the new trailer....my god, did they make Aerith gorgeous! 
    infomatz

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• stebo104stebo104 Member UncommonPosts: 20

OG_Zorvan said:

wait and get it for ps4? um sorry to tell you but this will be on the ps5
    stebo104 said:

OG_Zorvan said:

During State of Play they confirmed that it was for PS4 afterwards with more info coming in June. They are releasing it in chapters. So the guess I have seen flying around is that the first chapter will release in December-January
    infomatz
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 6,825
    Arterius said:
    stebo104 said:

OG_Zorvan said:

During State of Play they confirmed that it was for PS4 afterwards with more info coming in June. They are releasing it in chapters. So the guess I have seen flying around is that the first chapter will release in December-January
    Yeah... seems like they said XIII was going to be PS2, and then it was delayed and delayed and delayed...
    Arterius
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 11,745
    When it comes to these remakes, do posters think they are using the old gameplay and combat mechanics or taking more from the latest FF games?

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• MensurMensur Member RarePosts: 841
    GIVE IT TO ME NOW! HARD! FF7 was my gate way drug to RPGs lol

“Do not be so open-minded that your brains fall out.”

― G.K. Chesterton
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 238
    back to the future...
    if i've never encounter this game, my whole life would be very different
    it hook me to rpg, console game and all next until this day

cant wait too, best game ever for me
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 10,992
    FF VII is to me at least, the best one of all, closely followed by VIII ans XIV:ARR, however, for this to be a console exclusive would be a waste, i am sick and tired of those kinds of scummy tactics, so unless its on PC, i'll pass. :/
  • luciuscroftluciuscroft Member UncommonPosts: 4
    edited May 10
    FFVII is the game of my life! First day buy collection edition for sure. (I don't recommend anyone do that, but only for those that really like it like me). After FFVII remake, I will finally R.I.P. ?
  • dralchdralch Member CommonPosts: 10
    How about a PC version at launch =(, Not going to waste my money buying a console
  • Warhawke80Warhawke80 Member UncommonPosts: 208
    edited May 10
    I watched people literally weep on youtube last night....I think this title has transcended mere gaming. I remember losing a couple days work over it myself.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,033
    Is FFVII the story of Cloud? Or was that VIII?