Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP Battlegrounds

Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 1,383
are awesome ! 
I'm a huge mini game pvp nerd and just discovered the battlegrounds a few days ago. This is probably my favorited mini game  in any mmo and FINALLY something that will in fact put Age of Conan to rest. 

There are a few modes I'm not a fan of but that is ok. They plenty of maps and the queues pop all day. 

I'm really impressed with all of the new (to me) features they've added and the game feels completely different from whan I last tried to get into a last year. 

If one hasn't logged in for a while, I would definitely recommend logging and taking a peek. 
There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
Reverielle

Comments

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 468
    ^^  the battlegrounds are truly awesome!  I am good at Relics.  Also at Crazy Kings. Good at Chaos Ball, Deathmatch, Domination... come to think of it I am great at ALL of them!

Sz  :)
    Prime_DirectiveReverielle
  • ReverielleReverielle Member UncommonPosts: 111
    I really enjoy the battlegrounds too. I like the fast paced PvP without too many overarching mechanics/drives (such that you find in Cyrodiil in the open-world PvP there) it's great for when you have 15-30 minutes spare and just want a quick game or two. All the game-modes are quite fun once you get a handle of their basics.

One thing needs to be said though; Battleground Group Finder is absolutely atrocious (This extends to the PvE dungeon group-finder too, but that is another topic). It seems as soon as the server even gets even remotely busy it just cannot handle the strain. It's so bad that sometimes it's literally impossible to join a battleground game. A friend and I tried for 20 minutes the other day, and in the end had to give up.

Take home message: Battlegrounds themselves are definitely quite fun, you just cannot enjoy/play them whenever you want.
    Prime_Directive
  • skiidzmanskiidzman Member UncommonPosts: 28
    edited June 7
    are awesome ! 
    I'm a huge mini game pvp nerd and just discovered the battlegrounds a few days ago. This is probably my favorited mini game  in any mmo and FINALLY something that will in fact put Age of Conan to rest. 

There are a few modes I'm not a fan of but that is ok. They plenty of maps and the queues pop all day. 

I'm really impressed with all of the new (to me) features they've added and the game feels completely different from whan I last tried to get into a last year. 

If one hasn't logged in for a while, I would definitely recommend logging and taking a peek. 
    Awesome?  The battlegrounds are garbage and the queuing system rarely works. You will have imbalance issues right off the bat because the system is broken.

Your team will have 3, the others will have 4.  It won't find you a replacement.

You are nerfed and gimped upon entering. Yeah, have fun with that.  It's actually sad that you kids haven't experienced what a real PvP game has to offer.  Sorry about that.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,928
    SaunZ said:
    ^^  the battlegrounds are truly awesome!  I am good at Relics.  Also at Crazy Kings. Good at Chaos Ball, Deathmatch, Domination... come to think of it I am great at ALL of them!

Sz  :)
    Pfft! They're the training ground for the real Cyrodiil or IC PvP. ;)
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED