Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ducal picks delayed by one week

1181920212224»

Comments

• DerryFHDerryFH Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Gdemami said:
    DerryFH said:
    I am in IT industry for over two decades now, last 13 years in software development.

...yeah, one can tell from your posts.
    I apologise for the delay, I was waiting for something more from you, obviously that was a mistake.

Please enlighten me how did you get an insight into my life's experience from my posts you are so eager to mention.
    Gdemami
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    Gdemami said:
     If I can flip 5 burgers...
    Let's not use your day job as a metric of anything technical.
    DerryFHVrikaLinifkenguru23PhryKyleranSlapshot1188AnOldFartTorrskMendeland 2 others.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    DerryFH said:
    I was waiting for something more from you
    ...what kind of response do you expect to your laughable: "
    I am in IT industry for over two decades now, last 13 years in software development." ?
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited August 2019
    Limnic said:
    Let's not use your day job as a metric of anything technical.
    That is what I told him, you are very bright indeed.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    DerryFH said:
    Gdemami said:
    DerryFH said:
    I am in IT industry for over two decades now, last 13 years in software development.

I apologise for the delay, I was waiting for something more from you, obviously that was a mistake.

Please enlighten me how did you get an insight into my life's experience from my posts you are so eager to mention.
    Ha, I can't believe those one-liner troll posts are still eliciting responses.  Every time I see someone trying to argue with Gdemami it reminds me of those guys in General chat channels making that stupid Xbox 360 joke - that "joke" never failed to bait someone.
    DerryFHGdemamiRenGinGinSpottyGekko
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited August 2019
    Lokero said:
    DerryFH said:
    Gdemami said:
    DerryFH said:

Ha, I can't believe those one-liner troll posts are still eliciting responses.  Every time I see someone trying to argue with Gdemami it reminds me of those guys in General chat channels making that stupid Xbox 360 joke - that "joke" never failed to bait someone.
    Well they are such cheap and easy wins it's very hard to resist.

We're going to hell, I know.

;)
    SpottyGekkotweedledumb99

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    edited August 2019
    Don’t let him derail the conversation.  See, he loves to talk about other posters because any discussion about that game or the company is an instant failure.  

So again to to reiterate my take on it:

Caspien went to the Kings and asked for a favor.  He told them that his map display tool was not ready yet but that they could pick with all the same data that everyone else would.  He asked them to do this so that he would not have to announce yet another delay and could keep the thing moving.  He specifically game them a list of bulletpoints to assure them that this would not hurt them.  One of those was related to not delaying the next round of picks because that was the whole point of having the Kings pick manually.  Two of Caspiens promised bulletin points did not occur.  Some of the people that covered for him now (and for quite awhile) have pointed out that what they agreed to was not in fact reality and the situation was very different than that which they had agreed.  Since the current maps are so different that Caspien is keeping the old ones under NDA, they would like the ability to repick.  They raised this issue with Caspien and he promised to address it but then just snuck out of the Discord and quit the server. They raised the issue with the Community Manager but he claimed ignorance and inferred that they had doctored screenshots. It’s highly unlikely that any of them will switch but it is the point of the matter with them.  They feel like they have been lied to and taken advantage of.  

Do I feel sorry for them?  No, not really because D was on these very forums defending Caspiens earlier similar behavior (over promising, moving goal posts, project miss management,etc...).  But I am glad that at least their eyes have been opened. 

PS- Detherus claims he asked about repicks as far back as May.  Do I believe him?  Probably. 
    KyleranGdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    I could imagine that he asked as soon as the dukes were delayed
    Kyleran
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    OrangeBoy said:
    Kyleran said:
    OrangeBoy said:
    He states that his position is mostly rooted on the concept of morality. He believes he is right due to the breach of trust. But, I think another take away is that he bridges the recent backstab to the chronic behavior of the studio, something he's been suppressing for a while.

Seems like this is the straw that broke the camel's back.
    I believe D's "old school" like me, and "when" we come from people were expected to be true to their word, standing by their promises and making renumeration when unable to keep to them.

It's challenging to live in this "age of liars' when most dismiss such behaviors as expected, or even normal, and accuse such as us of being naive or out of touch.

:# 

There's nothing better than being old-school and staying true to your word. But I think D's claim to morality is a cop-out. But no doubt CoE has turned into true bandits, and its kinda comedic lol.
    Imagine you were 2 guys that gave tens of thousands of dollars (I'm going to guess $50k) to a company because of what they promised.  Now imagine that you spent years literally telling people to trust Caspien.   Then all of a sudden you find out directly that the guy cannot be trusted and that you suddenly feel ashamed for all the countless times you covered for him.  That is how these 2 Kings now feel.  

Do I feel sorry for them?  No, not really, but I am somewhat hopeful that maybe, just maybe the concept of accountability (mentioned repeatedly by them) will be something that spreads.  Caspien up to this point has been able to paint critics as "trolls" and "harbingers" who are not really dedicated to the community and do not have a stake in the success of it.  Now he has two people who have been about as dedicated as possible (Adam states there are more) pointing out what they see as blatant dishonesty.   Well it's about fucking time they woke up from the spell Caspien had cast over them.

Now these guys are not malicious and they want to see the project succeed, so maybe, just maybe when the dust from the DSS settles down they will start to actually influence SBS to act in a more honest and realistic manner.  The Ivory Tower has a gaping hole in it.  Will they let the light shine in or will it get sealed right back up?

We shall see.

I see a case of major buyer's remorse here.  Ten thousand dollars is a lot of money to give to someone based on their word.  Imagine dropping that much on the panhandler at the highway off-ramp.  Only difference between the panhandler and SBS is that SBS hasn't disappeared with the $6M they've already accepted.

Gdemami

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• DleatherusDleatherus Member UncommonPosts: 168
    edited August 2019
    just gonna pop in for a sec

some of you are getting closer to the real reason for my stream

others are still WAY off base

is fun watching you try and piece it together

there is ZERO intent of a law suit or anything like that, and that was made very clear a couple of times in the stream 

I wish I had been 'calmer' in my presentation, however i'm a passionate person regarding the things I enjoy in life, so not going to make apologies about that

as for the funds - no way should anybody feel sorry nor is it buyers remorse - those claiming it is are clueless speculators

if you put money into a game in development thinking it WILL be a reality vs thinking 'neat concept, worth tossing a few bucks at' you're stupid - any money put into such ventures can be and usually is lost

as for the amount, I've worked hard and earned a lot of money in my life since arriving in the colonies as a single parent with my 5 year old in my arms and 2 suitcases over 30 years ago

much of it I have spent on booze, loose women and mmo's - the rest I wasted

(kudo's if you get the reference)

until next time :P
    TekkonKyleranLimnicAnOldFart
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for stopping buy D.....always great to have info straight from the source.

We Harbingers have long known what you just found out, Jeremy will never apologize nor provide reparations for his mistaken assumptions,  missed deliverables or broken promises,  his ego won't permit him to do so.

The thing is, just as you were able to show, even when presented with hard facts he just won't yield and selective amnesia seems to kick in on a regular basis. 

Even worse, when backed into a corner his feral side gets unleashed and no one is ever happy when it happens.

Feel free to stop by even if just to vent or tell us to f-off, we won't mind, being made of sterner stuff than the average forum goer.

;)
    Gdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213

1) some of you are getting closer to the real reason for my stream

2) there is ZERO intent of a law suit or anything like that, and that was made very clear a couple of times in the stream 

3) I wish I had been 'calmer' in my presentation, however i'm a passionate person regarding the things I enjoy in life, so not going to make apologies about that

4) As for the funds - no way should anybody feel sorry nor is it buyers remorse - those claiming it is are clueless speculators

1) What was the "real" reason? I think you pretty much said it all during the stream, enlighten us. 

2) You spent 1/3 of the livestream going over jargons of promises and agreements. Just an observation, I confirmed you stated there were no talks of a lawsuit. Just seemed to me like you've talked to some people about some things.

3) Why would you wish to placate yourself? Is it cause you inadvertently harmed yourself and the community? 

4) Well, whether you call them clueless spectators or not, after seeing you get ignored by the studio you supported through 20k+ of donations and a huge community, I'd say pity is probably expected.

I view this as a learning opportunity, the pity comes as a byproduct. Of course, I wish you well out of default, but I don't think it's gonna be smooth sailing for you now buddy.

5) Wtf were you wearing
    Mendelkenguru23
    edited August 2019
    Nice to see you D. 

Well on a "good" note I can now spend a whooping $375 on a game I'm no longer sure will come out, to get a title I can aim to get for free on release... 

Or wait for the Dutch auction to see if someone comes in and takes the hamlet in said county to snipe it from me. (whilst I have the bigger settlement, more manpower and more wealth... 
    Post edited by AnOldFart on
    Omg though, turns out (if ppl in ny kingdom are right) that I can't pick the biggest town in a county if there is only two towns because of the reverse auction... 
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    AnOldFart said:
    Omg though, turns out (if ppl in ny kingdom are right) that I can't pick the biggest town in a county if there is only two towns because of the reverse auction... 
    Does that mean you're a mayor and the largest population center is the seat of the count?

I think it's logical.

edited August 2019
    Vrika said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Does that mean you're a mayor and the largest population center is the seat of the count?

I think it's logical.
    Yes I am a mayor, and actually in reality the centre of power in counties was not always the highest population centre. 

Edit
    But its a mute point, its about SBS trying to get users to pay more otherwise they are limiting the settlements they can select. This is shitty and was never mentioned before 
    Gdemami
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited August 2019
    AnOldFart said:
    Vrika said:
    AnOldFart said:

I think it's logical.
    Yes I am a mayor, and actually in reality the centre of power in counties was not always the highest population centre. 

Think of the situation as AI count making his pick before you.

I think CoE devs are doing the right thing here. If they're supposed to have AI nobility when there isn't a human to handle it, then having the program reserve the most desirable city for count is supposed to happen.
    Kyleran