Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any MMORPG coming in the next 10 years that isn't a cartoon?

razor247razor247 Member UncommonPosts: 27
There is plenty of hype for alot of MMORPGs but nothing coming anytime soon or in the next couple of years the way its been going...
Please no more cartoons or instant win trash like Elder Scrolls..No instant levels, no buying your gear with money, just old fashion grinding and partying up with people......Good MMORPGs are now super rare there used to be plenty of them..All there is now is hype and no Borderlands 3 isn't a MMORPG its an arcade cartoon twitch show for kids
mmoloudelete52304507k61977blamo2000

Comments

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,166
    What exactly do you have in mind? Which mmorpg used to exist but not any more?
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,617
    Thought I was reading a delete post there for a bit.
    delete5230RandyWatsonJean-Luc_PicardIselinmoshraConstantineMerus

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• mediator_rammediator_ram Newbie CommonPosts: 21
    A long term prediction itself unrealistic. So it might go wrong as its an era of technology where everything is possible so if the fans and audience show more interest and excitement then it would become possible.
  • natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 255
    camelot unchained looks like more old school than most up coming mmos,i think it will play  alot like dark age of camelot which must be a good thing,not really exited for anything else really although some could be ok but too early to say.
    Vinterkrig

• AmatheAmathe Member EpicPosts: 4,849
    Pantheon doesn't look cartoonish. At least to me.
    SovrathAdamantine

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 5,762
    There is a new Rune game in the works(yeah it won't have cartoon graphics). Not an MMO, but just something that could surprise people. It did me.
  • VinterkrigVinterkrig Member UncommonPosts: 1,783
    natpick said:
    camelot unchained looks like more old school than most up coming mmos,i think it will play  alot like dark age of camelot which must be a good thing,not really exited for anything else really although some could be ok but too early to say.
    Disagree, I think it'll play similar to ESO....except it'll only last a few months and it'll be full of people going back for the nostalgia, which they won't get,  on top of the fact that it'll be a monthly sub pvp game with no content....it'll be a dead game rather quickly, because let's be real most of the people who pvp'd in DAOC were zerging noobs who were not hardcore in any way... most servers had 100 or less legit hardcore PVP players.

But hey, at least they got an engine funded for them to make money on.
  • moshramoshra Member UncommonPosts: 218
    razor247 said:
    There is plenty of hype for alot of MMORPGs but nothing coming anytime soon or in the next couple of years the way its been going...
    Please no more cartoons or instant win trash like Elder Scrolls..No instant levels, no buying your gear with money, just old fashion grinding and partying up with people......Good MMORPGs are now super rare there used to be plenty of them..All there is now is hype and no Borderlands 3 isn't a MMORPG its an arcade cartoon twitch show for kids

Troll bait.  Nothing to see here.
  • HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Not a cartoon? You mean... with real people? Go outside.
    Vinterkrig

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,152
    You can play Black Desert Online today.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,723
    probably gonna get flamed for saying this but, having tried both 'cartoony'  and photo-realistic games I can confidently say that I much prefer the former; cartoony games let your imagination run wild and you end up being more immersed in the game than in realistic looking ones.
    AlverantiixviiiixanemoIsilithTehroth

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 5,501
    Harafnir said:
    But going outside is painful.... You could get hurt !

You could get hit with a car, fall down in the mud, worst of all ?... People might see you and want to communicate ! 
    ConstantineMerus
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,162
    I hate to break it to you but they're all animated drawings.
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,574
    Harafnir said:
    But going outside is painful.... You could get hurt !

You could get hit with a car, fall down in the mud, worst of all ?... People might see you and want to communicate ! 
    But you can run 8K graphics on a toaster, literally. 
    • "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: One Second from One Second (1997) by Paradise Lost
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro. 
    • Adopted @Kyleran as my virtual father - I put him in my signature since he worries about me all the time and this way he can keep track of me when I talk to strangers here!
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Currently Playing: Spider-Man: Turf Wars / The Division farewell tour / Grim Fandango Remastered / Aven Colony
  • vendetta54vendetta54 Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    Hello friends I'm looking for a new RPG game. I want to have the game knight online style game I want to play. If you have feedback or advice please help me waiting