Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can Classic World of Warcraft Hold Up in Today's Market? - MMORPG.com

123457»

Comments

• WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    No it will not, it will be a game for fanbois who haven't settled in other MMOS yet. My WoW account is from 2004
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    In the short term, I think it'll be successful.

In the long term? I doubt it will be a big thing, but I've learned never to say never.

Now, the clever twist that Bliz might pull off is to take Classic as a foundation and then develop it in a completely different direction.

One could perhaps call it "Hardcore WoW" or "Old-school WoW" - something like what we might have hoped for once, long ago.

I think the core elements of Classic WoW are solid enough to expand upon, and I always loved the world building and the engine.

They could go crazy and turn it into a full-loot world PvP thing - or some kind of sandbox MMO set in the same world.

The sky would be the limit, but it obviously won't happen - as Blizzard was never really a creative company, and these days they're all but dead in terms of innovation or boldness.
  • ShinyFlygonShinyFlygon Member UncommonPosts: 57

After seeing the beta? No way.

The other thing I don't get about these servers though is that there's no avoiding the inevitable progression/end of the ride. Eventually the game you're playing will become the retail version.....so why bother? And even if it never moved beyond X or Y point.....you're not going to get new content then......so why bother?

This is the falsest of false dichotomies.

The way they are actually going to handle it (or so they've hinted) is this: When it's time to progress the timeline, they may leave out certain so-called "quality of life" changes, most importantly the ones that contributed to the overly casual nature of modern WoW that Classic players despise.

Just imagining the Legion expansion under a Classic ruleset seems amazing to me.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 2,711

Just imagining the Legion expansion under a Classic ruleset seems amazing to me.
    At first I though you are a bot, necro-ing this thread.

BUT, that line over there, for some reasons, brings me excitement. Legion for me, is one of the best x-pac. So yes! I'm all for it.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!